J5_Matthias

Jasta 5 FC Flugpark - March 29th Patch

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, J5_Gamecock said:

Not like you to dive into a group of 15 or so enemy planes... Talbot maybe, but not you.:biggrin:

(and yes I know there's only 9 showing, but there must be at LEAST half dozen or so invisible ones.)

Funnily enough, I counted 15 in that group in the track! Some are out of shot, some had already left due to .303-related issues ;) 

I keep wondering if the Jastas have formed a new J.G, with the amount of big, multiple Jasta flights I've seen recently...

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Like 1

I would like to suggest the activation of disabled airfields for successful landings.

Today I had a long dogfight, and after I landed at Cappy in a perfect landing, just with a few hits on the wings and fuselage, I was given a "forced landing". Then I realized that the airfield was disabled (although it had sheds, barracks, windsock and everything).

We should have the option to land on them (with no awarded points for landing in my opinion). They landed in different airfields during the war for several reasons. Or the parser is bugged, but it happened to me a few times, the last one at Brazieux when it was disabled. 

I did not die, but with the current parser, it is always good to come back from a good fight, take the care to land in one piece and get props from the parser, at least a "successful landing". And the opponent also gets a kill for no apparent reason, which is also important.

Posted (edited)

?

I've landed at closed aerodromes a couple times and had no problems? Those of us on communications together on one occasion querying whether such closed aerodromes would count as successful landings. I decided to go ahead and try land, and was fine.

Are we talking aerodromes that were open at some point during the same mission but now no longer are that get shown with blue cross through them (or also are not open but may later be). Or are we talking ones that only exist because the icon map symbol exist on the Arras map? Wonder if every aerodrome on the Arras map can be included in missions but just made closed so that no aircraft exist to choose from them but they are available to land at? Would that be too much clutter?

Edited by Oliver88

Posted (edited)

No, airfields that are not listed on the mission from the start. I think if you have any hits the parser will count you as a shot down pilot? I'm not sure.

Edit* - after these incidents, I avoid disabled airfields like the plague, so I'm not sure if there are ways to get a good landing and a bad one on them. In regular airfields, the parser have a normal behavior.

Edited by SeaW0lf

Flugpark is with some sort of a problem. I can't login.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

MARCH 29th MISSION UPDATES - ALL MAPS

Amiens St. Quentines Changelist:

Changed: Upped the rearm and repair service area radius at all fields to 50m from 25m so they're much more usable.  Too many reports of "doesn't work"

and I realize that we're not all expert drivers when it comes to avoiding the flagpole. 😑

Changed: fuel replenishment and rearm speeds to be easily controllable for partial loadouts.

Changed: Repair and reheal speeds were reduced slightly

Doullens Cambrai Changelist:

Changed: Recon script so that now you are able to land your recon plane at any friendly airfield that is active.

Changed: Planes are now more historically distributed between the airfields. 

Updated: Mission descriptions

Scenery: Cities and towns are  now appropiratley destroyed to reflect their state of 1918 using @SYN_Vanders nifty tool.  <-- freaking rocks!

Fixed: Mission description for the "dawn" mission.

Fixed: Repair logic of AAA guns. (due to a bug with MCU Damage AAA guns would not be recrewed after beeing repaired)

Fixed: Balloons are a bit harder now. (due to a bug with MCU Damaga where the options "major" and "minor" are switched)

Fixed: Ground MGs at trench attacks are more carefully placed so that they don't get stuck in the dougouts. They should be easier to strafe now.

Other Notes: 

If you're trying to get in the server on Saturday afternoon/evenings and can't because it's locked, we're running the Bloody April campaign.   See the other thread on tha campaign for mre details.  Thanks for your patience.  Sorry for the interruption to the normal program.  We will ALWAYS get back on line with the regular maps asap once the event is complete.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Go raibh míle maith agat, Matthias

Hi, guys, just to report that I came from the dusk map, Tuesday event, and there is aparently no flak in the mission. Something must have gone bugged. Did not see a single burst and I went several times to their side at 2/3km, shot down a balloon and they came to our side all the time and there was no flak.

Regards,

Posted (edited)

Hi guys....I am receiving a file transfer error 10017.. 😬...I was able to connect to other servers.....

Never mind must have been the dusk mission all is well...😍

Edited by Cathaoir

2 minutes ago, Cathaoir said:

Hi guys....I am receiving a file transfer error 10017.. 😬...I was able to connect to other servers.....

Oh c'mon...

9 minutes ago, Cathaoir said:

Never mind must have been the dusk mission all is well...😍

No it's not all well...next mission you will get that again...

I was just reporting an issue logging on to the server....If you are having problems with the server fine....And yes I could connect to other servers...No need for an attitude.

Posted (edited)

I don't think hes frustrated at you.

Edited by US213_Talbot

Posted (edited)

I know the attitude wasn't towards you it was to myself and the mission editor.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr
  • Thanks 1

No problem...all is good...

Posted (edited)

Yep LIST file is empty J5 still working on it...

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

Do you guys have a list of the days and hours when the server will be locked for the Bloody April event? I know it happens on Saturdays, so I'm trying to find out when the server will be unlocked for players like me.

Are the repair/rearm/refuel features supposed to become disabled as you pass through the various war stress levels?

Because last night the time came that Redman, Hagar and Zatch were being forced to use the rear aerodromes, so war stress 3. I was able to continue my sortie a little longer. But later landed at Lealvillers to discover that I was still able to use the repair/rearm/refuel on this aerodrome, get back in the air without needing to respawn in the rear aerodromes, and rejoin the others as they became engaged with the Poles around Beauquesne.

Here is the logs from my mission should they help. Though repairing/rearm/refuel actions are not logged, just the landings etc each time, and I am unsure at what time each war stress was achieved. http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/log/46397/?tour=11

The April tour ended (?). Does that mean we won't have a parser this month, just for the event? I appreciate any response, since I fly for streaks most of the time.

Regards, 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can see the schedule for Bloody April on the Bloody April thread .  Essentially Saturdays 1700-2400 GMT.

Parser and Flugpark should be available outside these times per usual.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 1

An interesting tidbit from the last update- could this somehow contribute to the visibility issue we can't discuss here anymore? 

"Also, one issue that came up in beta was that if you create an MP mission and you over pack it past the brim with entities and objects which can cause an overload, you might experience some unexpected lag in calculating or displaying proper damage."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

An interesting tidbit from the last update- could this somehow contribute to the visibility issue we can't discuss here anymore? 

"Also, one issue that came up in beta was that if you create an MP mission and you over pack it past the brim with entities and objects which can cause an overload, you might experience some unexpected lag in calculating or displaying proper damage."

Hmmmm...

Posted (edited)

Does the stats system understand that should someone RRR and then get shot down after that this was not of a result of an earlier combat before the RRR? More for curiosity than anything. Because just browsing the stats and considered this sortie and reward curious;

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/log/49237/?tour=11

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/log/49217/?tour=11

Because appears to me here that Pilot A gets damaged by Pilot B. Pilot A escapes and lands to RRR. Pilot A has another combat this time with Pilot C and Pilot D without recieving damage. Pilot A again lands to RRR. Pilot A then dies and Pilot B from the very first combat gets rewarded the claim?

How did this virtual life end? Am I correct in assuming those two landed entries of yours were in order to refuel/repair/rearm? @1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Edited by Oliver88

53 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Does the stats system understand that should someone RRR and then get shot down after that this was not of a result of an earlier combat before the RRR? More for curiosity than anything. Because just browsing the stats and considered this sortie and reward curious;

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/log/49237/?tour=11

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/sortie/log/49217/?tour=11

Because appears to me here that Pilot A gets damaged by Pilot B. Pilot A escapes and lands to RRR. Pilot A has another combat this time with Pilot C and Pilot D without recieving damage. Pilot A again lands to RRR. Pilot A then dies and Pilot B from the very first combat gets rewarded the claim?

How did this virtual life end? Am I correct in assuming those two landed entries of yours were in order to refuel/repair/rearm? @1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

The parser counts everything until you exit the plane, (Finish Mission), as a single sortie. The results above will happen.

Also, every time you rearm your plane it extracts all ammo before reloading it. Result is a lower accuracy rating as all hits are now based on a full 1000 rounds. (or whatever full load out might be)

These results are unavoidable AFAIK.

3 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

The logs above shows credit for downing Sahaj is credited to Newmarch at 21:23:19.   Newmarch earned the score because he scored the most damage relative to the others.  Count it up for each and you can see this. 

Note that it appears there was a catastrophic event at 21:23:16 AFTER a assumed landing to R/R/R and takeoff.  Perhaps the field R/R/R was not available or the pilot was too far away from the repair truck etc.  and so the pilot took off still seriously damaged etc. and then for some reason died and shows crashed three seconds later (sometimes there is a delay in the timestamps of events depending upon everything else that is happening on the server simultaneously or simply happening with an event such as this simultaneously.  A third party could have collided with him (event a friendly) shortly after takeoff as well.  Neither credit nor the name of the other party in collisions are displayed in logs.  We'd want a report from the pilot if they recall the details. 

The server generally assigns credit to the pilot doing the most damage (or in some cases the most critical damage).  In this case that was Newmarch, so he gets the score.

Posted (edited)

On the subject of dodgy parsers... 

had these two gems today. I spotted a Fokker and an Albatros cruising along and bounced them - scoring pilot kills on both. When I checked the parser later, I saw that I'd only been credited with one victory. Strange - I was certain I'd get two for the two pilot kills! 

When I checked their parsers, I saw some odd stuff. 

Here's my parser: 
4KS8g0Z.png

And the 'unawarded kill':
3nzsiNM.png

Notice that it says Dead - Crashed

In the parser, there is no action except getting hit by the 'Golden BB' here...

mfGxquP.png

I thought of every explanation as to why I wouldn't be awarded this - the EA was still clearly active when I got him, his wings were on, his engine (apparently) wasn't blown...at least, it was running fine right up until I pulled the trigger (besides, I've killed planes with stopped engines before and received credit)...it's a mystery. I also noticed that I wasn't awarded this kill in-game, which was also odd. I just don't know! 

The Damage - 100.0% doesn't look out of the ordinary. I've seen the exact same thing when I've been 1-hit killed in my parsers, and the kills were awarded to the scoring pilots. 

The next weird parser thing is on the Fokker, which I did receive credit for: 

jHKlZxy.jpg

Now, either this man is Robin Hood, or something has gone wrong here...

Edited by US93_Larner

Posted (edited)

I've had times where just before a mission ended I'd look at my score and see 3 air kills but when I checked the parser later for the mission it only credited me with 2 ....never really looked into it though....just took it  as if my claim was denied 🚫

Edited by J5_HellCat_

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, J5_HellCat_ said:

I've had times where just before a mission ended I'd look at my score and see 3 air kills but when I checked the parser later for the mission it only credited me with 2 ....never really looked into it though....just took it  as if my claim was denied 🚫

Given to someone else that also shot at them prob. As there's been a number of times when winged up with @Zatch and engaging some Germans, that he has been given the claim while am given the assist (or vice versa) according to the in-game stats but then checking on the stats website afterwards indicates the opposite. So there is some kind of discrepancy between the methods that each system determines the claims.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1

In the Doullens to Cambrai scenario, how do you get the artillery spotter function to work? The last two times I tried it I flew up and down in the marked area of the map and couldn't establish contact. Yes, I did have a radio. It has worked in the past, several months ago.

18 minutes ago, beresford said:

In the Doullens to Cambrai scenario, how do you get the artillery spotter function to work? The last two times I tried it I flew up and down in the marked area of the map and couldn't establish contact. Yes, I did have a radio. It has worked in the past, several months ago.

Check the mission description and map icon tooltips ...

15 hours ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

Check the mission description and map icon tooltips ...

I did check the mission description (several times) and it just says fly over the area, then cross the lines and fire a flare. I assume you are telling me there are extra instructions under the map icon but I will have to wait until I have next completed Recon C to try it.

Guys current tour May 2020 has BAX-Dawn and BAX-Noon4 sorties included.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Guys current tour May 2020 has BAX-Dawn and BAX-Noon4 sorties included.

Looked fine to me earlier on (and now). Or at least are not in the May 2020 tour. Those two missions are in their own tour (Bloody April X Week 4) for some reason.

Edited by Oliver88