Jump to content
J5_Matthias

Jasta 5 FC Flugpark - March 29th Patch

Recommended Posts

I did it at low level ( before latest update well less than 1000m) successfully, but you must follow the directions rinse and repeat a total of four times over the enemy artillery zone per on screen instructions.  You will have  great difficulty if you don't know where the enemy artillery is located physically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

I did it at low level ( before latest update well less than 1000m) successfully, but you must follow the directions rinse and repeat a total of four times over the enemy artillery zone per on screen instructions.  You will have  great difficulty if you don't know where the enemy artillery is located physically.

If there is flash as should be when  the enemy artillery is shooting it would be easy to spot as in IRL , I remember last time we also had problems with triggering this objective to do the task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I remember during the coconut server early days you could hear them firing when you flew near them (500-1000m) IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Once the Germans get a bit of a better engine, and when they expand the timeline backwards a bit then the Alby (hopefully we get the D III too!) and the Pflaz should fair better. These planes weren't as outclassed as they are in the game, it just happens they are the most obsolete aircraft being the oldest at the start of this time period. They would usually be facing a fair amount of older craft aswell but instead its mostly camels, spads, and a few R2bs


I'd say they were pretty badly outclassed....when they ran into the top Entente scouts or Bristols!! But, yes, there was plenty for the Albs and Pfalzes left to prey on apart from them. No. 3 Squadron RFC springs to mind....poor bastards flew Morane Ls until something like November 1917! 

I'd love to see the D.III. Was always my favourite Alb to fly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Once the Germans get a bit of a better engine, and when they expand the timeline backwards a bit then the Alby (hopefully we get the D III too!) and the Pflaz should fair better. These planes weren't as outclassed as they are in the game, it just happens they are the most obsolete aircraft being the oldest at the start of this time period.

 

I don't think that it's a good idea to wait on the developers to come through with anything like that, since Jason already said in a Q&A that they would love to implement more engine variants for FC1 planes, but that there is no time or money to do so. Especially the 3D modeling part would be complicated, which was done by an external partner (Ugra Media).

Edited by J5_Hellbender-Sch27b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More points for shooting down best pilots or pilots with big kill streaks ?  I think there should be some sort of cudos, reflected in the scoring system, to reward the shooting down of the best players.  It might even be pertinent to add a pennant to the best pilots aircraft (easier than trying to remember a plethora of skins that pilots might regularly change anyway).  WW1 pilots, particularly Central pilots, decorated their aircraft to say who they were, they weren't bashfull, the best FC pilots should similarly have to visibly demonstrate who they are, rather than hide in anonimity.  Pennants might provide that statement, to intimidate their foe or attract the wrong sort of attention.  Almost certainly they should be stood on a pedistal but with that should come increased attention and risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pilots (skilled or not) who aren't bashful about their identity already have a way to put it out to the world; and already do.

 

I'm not sure what awarding more points for taking down these pilots would achieve though.  From my experience, most people seem not to need any more motivation to take down the top pilots.  Many are even willing to suicide to get it.

THFN.thumb.png.56d3064802110eb4f59228d017c53e71.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

the best FC pilots should similarly have to visibly demonstrate who they are, rather than hide in anonimity.


I'm not so sure about that. You'd probably end up with a few players suicidally chasing the 'good' guys just to kill them for bragging rights. Back in RoF I remember hearing tell of a certain Squadron who would deliberately ram high-scoring pilots just to end their streaks. 

I also think there's something to be said for 'Ace Anonymity'. The only pilot that I've heard of being recognised by their opponents in the air was the Baron. Apart from that, even with the fancy colourations, most pilots didn't really know who they were fighting unless the same two squadrons ran into each other several times. 

That being said, I have my colours on display: 

OELhlo7.png
 

Edited by US93_Larner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so long ago me with buddy cooperation ended one famous guy 99 streak, we of course didn't know that we  fought vs him and his wingman, but before we etered the game we were  inspecting stats and was speaking about him probably trying to achive 100, because those was last day in the month and all stats are reset for new month. After his death he show us middle finger in chat ! We were LOL hehe, that was hilarious !

Or I remember first time when JG4_Karaya sign and show up at FNFB and was first guy shoot down in that event (by me) , in addition in flames, same with kill one of the 77th guy and read chat message about,  finally, gk, Horrido! 🙂 🙂

 

BTW I always secretly hope to meet and  fight against the best on the current mission. 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh! Before it slips my mind...

 

The 3rd Pursuit Group USAS is proud to present the Lafayette Merit Ribbon to Matthias of Jasta 5, following his tireless efforts in creating missions for and maintaining the Jasta 5 Flugpark Server, as well as his efforts for creating the missions for Black September IV - FC's first official community campaign. The efforts made by Matthias have contributed greatly to the growth of the Flying Circus community and its player base. 

The Lafayette Merit Ribbon is our group's official award for appreciation of exceptional and outstanding efforts to benefit the community as a whole. Please, feel free to display the ribbon in your signature, or simply keep it as a memento and a formal mark of appreciation from the 3rd P.G! 

G8J2XIJ.png
YuNTHFd.png

 

 



 

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:


"...Back in RoF I remember hearing tell of a certain Squadron who would deliberately ram high-scoring pilots just to end their streaks. "

I


 

 

Oh they are still here but got a bad name so they changed identities. Not telling 😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:

Oh! Before it slips my mind...

 

The 3rd Pursuit Group USAS is proud to present the Lafayette Merit Ribbon to Matthias of Jasta 5, following his tireless efforts in creating missions for and maintaining the Jasta 5 Flugpark Server, as well as his efforts for creating the missions for Black September IV - FC's first official community campaign. The efforts made by Matthias have contributed greatly to the growth of the Flying Circus community and its player base. 

The Lafayette Merit Ribbon is our group's official award for appreciation of exceptional and outstanding efforts to benefit the community as a whole. Please, feel free to display the ribbon in your signature, or simply keep it as a memento and a formal mark of appreciation from the 3rd P.G! 
 

 Well Done Matthias! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, US93_Larner said:

That being said, I have my colours on display: 

OELhlo7.png
 

 

 

Soon...

 

ScTexpb.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

 Well Done Matthias! 


Hear hear.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, great showing! I also saw it max at 53/54.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was great fun indeed! We had quite a few memorable moments, including the SYN squadron diving in massed Bristol formation to attack our aerodrome. It looked so magnificent...and frightening. Believe me, I was glad to have already taken off! 😅 Other memorable moments included huge high altitude furballs with massed Camels and Bristols and seeing the Third Pursuit Group fielding large formations of SPADs in synchronization. Add a bunch of freelancer pilots to the squadron patrols scattered throughout the map, and you have multiplayer like ROF in its heyday. A truly great time. Thank you for making this server available, J5! 😎

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying solo when there's 55 people on was a disaster for me. Couldn't seem to catch a break. But it was super cool to see such a heavily populated server!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good fun last night, including: 

  • flaming a German sausage and suddenly finding a whole bunch of angry Fokkers chasing me, and then crash landing in no man's land. At least it diverted their attention from my squadmates flying Bristols to bomb some barges.
  • that last mission in Bristols to bomb the northern German front airfield, ending up in a massive furball a few feet above a town, and getting shot down as expected 😆

Looking forward to next Sunday!

Edited by SYN_Ricky
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SYN_Ricky said:

Good fun last night, including: 

  • flaming a German sausage and suddenly finding a whole bunch of angry Fokkers chasing me, and then crash landing in no man's land. At least it diverted their attention from my squadmates flying Bristols to bomb some barges.
  • that last mission in Bristols to bomb the northern German front airfield, ending up in a massive furball a few feet above a town, and getting shot down as expected 😆

Looking forward to next Sunday!

Good job with your squad bombing the bad guys. Our squads will have to team up some time and wreck havoc on the evil empire. Wonder how long it would take us to take the map. My guess is 1 hr.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instructions for pilots ANTANTA!  Activate the parachute jump.  Log off the server before your pilot hits the ground.  After that, go to the server again.  In the statistics, you will have a successful parachute jump and the strick will not break.  Good luck, comrades!  ;-))

Do it all, show the middle finger central, with their rags from women's bedrooms on the ropes !!  Hooray and banzai !!  ;-)))

This google forever twists me ... in Russian hoorey sounds like Urraaa.  F u ma 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now comes the minute of farewell,
You look me uneasily in the eyes.
I catch your (pleasant) native breath,
While in the distance there's already the breath of disaster.
 
The air froze foggy and deep blue,
And fear gripped at our temples,
As Russia calls us to the heroic act,
A breeze coming from the marching regiments.1
 
Farewell, Fatherland,
Remember us.
Farewell, dear faces,
Not all of us will come back.
 
Farewell, Fatherland,
Remember us.
Farewell, dear faces,
Not all of us will come back.
 
This march did not stop on the platforms
When the enemy obscured the horizon.
Fathers of ours with it in smoky carriages,
Trains took to the front.
 
(We) took it with us to the Winter (Palace) in '17,
In '45, it was marching into Berlin.2
All Russia was raised to battle,
On the roads in hard times.
 
And if to march
The country calls,
To the edge of our domain
We all will go to the holy battle!
 
And if to march
The country calls,
To the edge of our domain
We all will go to the holy battle!
Holy battle!
 
They sound in the fields of grain.
My Fatherland marches3
To the height of happiness,
Through all the bad weather,
Of the road of peace and labour.
To the height of happiness,
Through all the bad weather,
Of the road of peace and labour.

https://lyricstranslate.com

Yes.  Russians love poetry.  But that makes us strong, not weak

 

I ask my comrades in arms to forgive me for a bad translation of Google’s translation of these verses.  To my regret, I am not ready to present you the real meaning of these lines.  But I think that those people who have truly bright souls will understand the meaning even in such a not very correct form.

Edited by emely
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing this history, Emely.  The Eastern Front and what occurred there (in both wars) is not remembered enough.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Flugpark to 4.004.  Parser will be updated when a parser software update is available.

 

 

Edited by J5_Baeumer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jumped online and flamed a german sausage while no one was around. Tracked some AI running their route and noticed that the zoom/rendering was working pretty damn good. The distant contact no longer disappeared as you zoomed it.

 

Boys I think they finally fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, US213_Talbot said:

The distant contact no longer disappeared as you zoomed it.

 

But this was with Alternate Visibility as far as I know. What people are / were complaining is when nearby contacts (around 2km, sometimes even at 1.5km) disappear when you zoom out. They don’t scale well when you zoom out and get too small. So we have a very limited spatial perception.

 

I flew today and they still seem to disappear pretty close when you zoom out. What I think changed, might have been fixed, is the contrast bug, when they no longer blend with the sky when the sun shines on them. I just saw it once, and then I need to fly more to see what really changed.

 

I have a track today with a contact disappearing at 1.5km when I zoomed out, so contacts still seem to be sub-dimensioned or unable to scale properly with zoom totally out (the so called pixel hunting).

 

I never had contacts disappearing when I zoomed in, unless when J5 tested Alternate Visibility back in October (lots of people reporting the same problem back then).

Edited by SeaW0lf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parser Status:  1/22/20 15:50 GMT - RESOLVED update issues.  No data loss.

 

 

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I was looking at contacts contrasting to the sky that went from 500m to probably 10k to 15k away.

 

Before, the only way I could spot anything is to scan zoomed completely out. Once I found something, if I zoomed in at all, it "disappeared" or really it just didn't scale with the zoom properly. Yesterday, no matter how much zoom in or out it scaled as it should like in RoF. 

 

They seem to disappear less against clouds too but that is still there.

 

Now below the horizon I can't speak on that just yet.

Edited by US213_Talbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll check today if I have time. Off the top of my head, I never had this issue with expert visibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLUGPARK SERVER 20-01-22 UPDATE ALL MISSIONS

 

Arras St. Quentin maps

  • Albatross D5 Patrol Airstart fixed to spawn D5s as opposed to Fokker D.VIIs
  • All Entente armored cars switched to Mk 5 male tanks  In additional, all ground attack targets have 2 such tanks and 2 infantry.
  • All Central ground attack targets now have 2 infantry guns and 2 infantry as opposd to 1 gun and 3 infantry..
  • Added parser countable points for completing two seater missions (Photo Recons).  After completing the mission and landing successfully you will be prompted by subtitles to taxi over to the hangar closest to the windsock to "make your claims".  Hangar will have spawned three searchlight trailer chassis which you may kill with no FF penalty.
    • Each completed Photo Recon is worth 3 ground kills.

Doullens Cambrai maps

  • Flak Zones got removed and AA guns from the zones got incorporated into the defensive flak line along the front

  • Recon targets got moved closer to the frontline

  • Recon altitutde changed to 2000m - 3400m

  • Central recon field got moved to Sector B

  • Additional AA guns near frontline ground targets now fire at enemy planes

 

 

Update deploying approximately 7AM EST.  Shout out to Oorpii - Sorry if you get booted temporarily!

 

 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, US93_Larner said:

Oh! Before it slips my mind...

 

The 3rd Pursuit Group USAS is proud to present the Lafayette Merit Ribbon to Matthias of Jasta 5, following his tireless efforts in creating missions for and maintaining the Jasta 5 Flugpark Server, as well as his efforts for creating the missions for Black September IV - FC's first official community campaign. The efforts made by Matthias have contributed greatly to the growth of the Flying Circus community and its player base. 

The Lafayette Merit Ribbon is our group's official award for appreciation of exceptional and outstanding efforts to benefit the community as a whole. Please, feel free to display the ribbon in your signature, or simply keep it as a memento and a formal mark of appreciation from the 3rd P.G!

 

I thanked you over discord but will do so again here.  I'm honored.  Just which I could move faster for you guys.  Everything takes longer to get done than I want it to.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Thanks 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J5_Matthias said:

FLUGPARK SERVER 20-01-22 UPDATE ALL MISSIONS

 

 

  • Each completed Photo Recon is worth 3 ground kills.

 

 

 

Time to become a Schlastameister.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J5_Matthias said:

Added parser countable points for completing two seater missions (Photo Recons).  After completing the mission and landing successfully you will be prompted by subtitles to taxi over to the hangar closest to the windsock to "make your claims".  Hangar will have spawned three searchlight trailer chassis which you may kill with no FF penalty.

  • Each completed Photo Recon is worth 3 ground kills.

 

 

GREAT IDEA!!!! Fantastic Workaround to compensate missing featerures !!!!

 

Thank you!! :dance:

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matthias and the Jasta 5 people, with this server, have rekindled the interest of people in WWI flying after the RoF era. They have certainly provided a place for me to enjoy the game I love and for the Jasta 2 to continue on our 12th year of activity.

 

Hail Jasta 5 and thank you for your tireless efforts!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J2_Drookasi said:

WWI flying after the RoF era.

 

Yes, FC is a new era in WW I flight sims.  The graphics, FM/DM as well as new features and capabilities put it way ahead of RoF.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 12:56 PM, J5_Matthias said:

FLUGPARK SERVER 20-01-22 UPDATE ALL MISSIONS

 

Arras St. Quentin maps

  • Albatross D5 Patrol Airstart fixed to spawn D5s as opposed to Fokker D.VIIs
  • All Entente armored cars switched to Mk 5 male tanks  In additional, all ground attack targets have 2 such tanks and 2 infantry.
  • All Central ground attack targets now have 2 infantry guns and 2 infantry as opposd to 1 gun and 3 infantry..
  • Added parser countable points for completing two seater missions (Photo Recons).  After completing the mission and landing successfully you will be prompted by subtitles to taxi over to the hangar closest to the windsock to "make your claims".  Hangar will have spawned three searchlight trailer chassis which you may kill with no FF penalty.
    • Each completed Photo Recon is worth 3 ground kills.

Doullens Cambrai maps

  • Flak Zones got removed and AA guns from the zones got incorporated into the defensive flak line along the front

  • Recon targets got moved closer to the frontline

  • Recon altitutde changed to 2000m - 3400m

  • Central recon field got moved to Sector B

  • Additional AA guns near frontline ground targets now fire at enemy planes

 

 

To think that I am nowadays more excited to read about server updates than actual game updates.

 

Thank you and @J99_Sizzlorr for your continued work on the missions!

 

 

Just yesterday I was attempting to do my little "milk run" sortie off-hours and nearly got my wings blasted off by AAA.

 

Good.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, J5_Hellbender-Sch27b said:

 

Just yesterday I was attempting to do my little "milk run" sortie off-hours and nearly got my wings blasted off by AAA.

 

Good.

 

 

Interesting.....

 

 

::flies off to find cows and the secret CL2 highway::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just highlighting this innovative additional development we have been able to come up with to advance the ability to score two-seater mission.  Thank you to Matthias for putting up with my continual prodding to brainstorm with me to come up with a potential solution!

 

Two-seaters unite!  (and fly the recons and score points!)

 

On 1/22/2020 at 11:56 AM, J5_Matthias said:

Added parser countable points for completing two seater missions (Photo Recons).  After completing the mission and landing successfully you will be prompted by subtitles to taxi over to the hangar closest to the windsock to "make your claims".  Hangar will have spawned three searchlight trailer chassis which you may kill with no FF penalty.

  • Each completed Photo Recon is worth 3 ground kills.

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...