NZXExploit

IL2 BOS Draw Distance Improvements

Il2 is a great game. But all great games can improve as this one has been.

I would like the team to look at altering the far distance forest textures to match the color of the teams that will eventually spawn when in view.

The bottom photo show the vastly different contrasts of colors between the spawned trees and the out of draw distance texture.

I propose that the colors need to change so this eye sore is not so apparent as it is, as it doesn't need to be. Changing the color of the texture to more closely match the soon to spawn forest will not take up any further resources which will effect FPS or performance. Well it shouldn't do.

The top picture shows that sometimes a forest more closely matches the texture and the spawn line is less visible.

Can anything be done to alter these far off forest colors or is anything getting done?764785578_Il2Drawdistance2.thumb.png.2a86479a1c9266eeb0ad951ea376ca3e.png622427220_Il2Drawdistance.png.de9b6fa258a3e534be2f8574f961585f.png

Edited by NZXExploit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hmmm..the only thing that comes to my mind is to set the overall graphic settings from high to ultra. This increases the draw distance from woods & trees.

It is already at ultra. Max detail on everything possible. This is an issue of color difference not graphical draw distance as it will never be spawning assets 150km out. 

They need to match the color patterns to fix the issue. 

On 1/1/2019 at 12:13 AM, NZXExploit said:

It is already at ultra. Max detail on everything possible. This is an issue of color difference not graphical draw distance as it will never be spawning assets 150km out. 

Even though I do not know if what you are suggesting is possible it does make sense to me to match the colours better.

Ps I would consider changing the thread name because I guess most people will read it and say ahh not another draw distance thread.

• Upvote 2

I suspect this is not so much a colour matching issue as it is the fact that within the draw distance, the trees, shading, shadows, and textures are rendered, whereas beyond it everything it simplified down to one colour/texture. Unless you're going to introduce transitional texturing to ease it I can't think of how to fix it.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

I can't think of how to fix it.

I know F all about this kinda thing but could you not code: if outside the bubble colour = 2 shades darker... even if it just gives the impression/illusion of the shadow, shading. ..

Edited by AeroAce

1 hour ago, AeroAce said:

I know F all about this kinda thing but could you not code: if outside the bubble colour = 2 shades darker... even if it just gives the impression/illusion of the shadow, shading. ..

Maybe? Right now the forests appear dark compared to the land beyond because the darker portions of the rendered trees are different than the background, Change the background to be the colour of the darker portions of the rendered trees, and the lighter portions of the texture would then pop out to your eye more...so it might be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Some kind of gradual transition might work, with fuzzily rendered trees and buildings on the edge of the bubble, or some kind of haze mask making things gradually less distinct, might make it pop out less to players. But that might be more performance intensive than straight up rendering.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:13 PM, NZXExploit said:

This is an issue of color difference not graphical draw distance as it will never be spawning assets 150km out. 

I think that is graphical draw since it appears "flattened" (not rendered).

I also have all max settings and same graphic issue.

With Mod maybe solved but 99% of multiplayer servers don't accept Mods.

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp