She's an odd-looking duck CCG_Pips, that's for sure. It would be interesting to see if anybody can make anything out of it. Somewhere above, I mentioned that important elements of this template such as pannels, rivets and now dirt are currently colour coded to fit this machine. I'll supply generic, one tone copies of these on release, but I haven't yet got as far as testing them against winter or desert camouflage for instance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi FurphyForum. The elevators are raised. All is as it should be -  well, those lightening holes are a bit too big. I've used the  alpha channel to cut those holes out and it exposes internal framework. Very cool of the modeller to include this.

• Thanks 1

Hi Oyster_KAI. I've learned so much and, despite the drizzly tone of some posts above, thoroughly enjoyed the process of making this template.  I'll send this version to Jason et al and if they like it, it may well find its way onto the official template links page. Either way, I'll certainly throw a copy out for everybody to use amd improve.

As you can see below, I will have to make two versions to cover the late style exhaust stains. Then there's the cannon gondola, the bomb racks, late and pc markings and finally, some generic shading to sort out.

We're getting there!😃

Spoiler

uBpEz7M.jpg

148bMwB.jpg

8rslVxc.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Everybody.

I'm pleased to report the HS129 is just about wrapped up. Half an hour's layer management and a bit of tidying up, then off to the template masters and language experten for any feedback. Then it's all yours.

Thanks for hanging in there with me and for all the help freely offered whilst I tried your patience.

dtqAYbV.jpg

5E2x8Ry.jpg

Edited by KpgQuop
Forgot the big gun.
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
11 hours ago, Asgar said:

Can't wait to create some medicore skins with that fantastic template :lol:

Was the HS129 ever used in a medicore? I was under the impression it was pure ground attack? Where would it carry casualties?

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the feedback everybody. It's the icing on the cake.

Hi Danziger. I think "medicore" was an autocorrect issue, since, as far as I am aware the duck never got involved in this area. With the canopy open however, two crew could just about squeeze into the cockpit - very handy when it comes to picking up downed squad members.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, KpgQuop said:

I'm pleased to report the HS129 is just about wrapped up

Well... after all this time... where is it then? Come on, don't keep us all in suspense!! :)

ps Looking GOOD!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Upvote 1

Hey all. I'll throw some links here by Sunday. Apparently it all requires a wholesale rework but that'll be a job for somebody else. The donkeywork's done leastways.

Edited by KpgQuop
  • Like 4

Great work KpgQuop, very impressive.  I sent you a PM on an issue I noticed with your normalmap and felt a few pictures would show what I am describing.  I couldn't post them in PM but I did send you a link with your 4K normalmap including the corrected alpha channel.

Default damage textures.

1330956938_DefaultDamage.thumb.jpg.5c4f2fe7380e4e21f0ac09feea9959d1.jpg

Your damage textures.

1037924437_YourDamage.thumb.jpg.cc44cd8c220420681abbf043337e65c8.jpg

Edited by ICDP

Hi DetCord12B. I've just taken delivery of the spirals you spent time and effort on for this template. Thank you, thank you and thanks again. I simply could not get my head around those. I'll pm you because I owe you. Naturally, they' ll be incorporated into an update of the template.

In the template there's a layer group called "copies". There, you'll find a selection of layers covering things such as fading and discolouration, rivets, pannel lines etc. These are neutral copies of the same layers dedicated to the Oblt Ruffer skin. If you use the layers in the "copies" folder you should be able to reduce the appearence of those yellow smudges around the nose etc. Thanks again for the hubs and this skin.

In the next update, I also need to look at the Infantry support emblems. I forgot to edit them in the non historical versions of the Ruffer skin. My sincere apologies for the offense.

DetCord12B FOR. THE. WIN!!! But Raptorattacker!!! BlackHellHound!!! Little Guardian!!! ZG26_5tuka!!! Danziger!!! Zargos, for Heaven's sake and IDCP!!! has just stepped in to make the template serviceable. PatCartier!!! Johnny Red!!! (I'm sorry for the radio silence Johnny Red, but if you knew me, you'd understand). There's too much win in this list of names for one human frame to comprehend.

Yes, I need to look at those generic layers. They're not fit for purpose.

Edited by KpgQuop
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, KpgQuop said:

Hi DetCord12B. I've just taken delivery of the spirals you spent time and effort on for this template.

Let me know if you run into any issues. I can always redo them, though the quarter, hub, and demarc spinners should be good to go. I tested everything before sending it to you.

The spiral on the other hand I'm still not sure of even after extensive testing. I spent at least nine hours getting that one right and it still looks off to me, though I'll let you be the judge.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to showcase DetCord's work on the spinners. They look sensational.

These screenshots also demostrate efforts to tidy up the camouflage under the yellow nose as well as generate some workable(?) wear and tear layers applicable to generic summer schemes at least - not just the Ruffer skin.

As soon as I get permission from DetCord, I'll release what I hope you'll agree is an improved, more useful template.

Who knew normalmaps had to have an alpha channel? ICDP does and thany you to him for working on this.

Thank you and apologies to little_Guardian for not downloading your work on the stencils before the download expired.☹️

Thank you to BlackHellHound for the constructive criticism. That's it bro. I can't do any more. I'm ducked out.

On, with thanks to DetCord's spinners...

dIwnEFv.jpg

sCdxbHF.jpg

e0yRtUF.jpg

X2efi8a.jpg

ps. There's another set of spinners not included in these screens. They are of course in the template and generic markings skinpack.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Hi KpgQuop,

you have forgotten to mention another person!

It s yourself buddy, 😉

thank you very much for taking this long ride and giving us a beautiful bird. Its a stunning work and was worth waiting the time:salute:

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...