KpgQuop

HS129 V2 WIP

Hello All

Here's a quick update on a 4k Hs 129 template.

There's nothing very new apart from a couple of refinements and there's still a long way to go.

I'm travelling for a couple of weeks so I won't get to work on this for a while. Nevertheless, I'll keep you updated on my return.

All the best to you all for 2019.

Spoiler

cX6WvM1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6

Hi Furbyforum. Oh yes I'm backing up this time round. Thanks for your interest. I'll be back at my games machine by the end of this month so hang tight and more updates will follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm back from my jollies in Sarawak and I've picked up the Hs129 where I left off. Again. there's nothing new here if you were following last year's thread, but at least the project is ongoing now.

Spoiler

I3Osdqz.jpg

xc7ObvC.jpg

I3Vizzv.jpg

Edited by KpgQuop
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Kirk. I'm pleased you like the work so far.

Today I finished off the stencils and I've made a start on the shadow layer. Things are progressing relatively quickly this time round I'm pleased to say.

• Thanks 1

Thanks DetChord12B. Coming from a skinner of your calibre, that means the world!🤩

On 1/30/2019 at 2:47 AM, KpgQuop said:

Thanks DetChord12B. Coming from a skinner of your calibre, that means the world!🤩

You've got to remake it from the ground up, none of which is even remotely easy. I've created templates for several official P3D addons and it's a trying, exacerbating, keyboard smashing experience. If you need any help let me know as I'm sure you've got your hands full with it.

That said, have you considered contacting ICDP?

Hello again DetCord. Thanks for the further encouragement.

Yeah, this 4k malarchy isn't the work of a minute, but I do have the inestimable advantage of the 2k template from Zargos as a guide. I also have to get in touch with IDCP as I've adapted some of his detail work in this template.

So, shadow layers complete. I now need to work on the alpha layer to give an impression of fabric control surfaces. Then its on to the lumps n bumps, then the weathering. 

• Like 3

Hi DetCord.

You betcha. 😁. I finally understand the process involved merging layers in the normalmap. It makes a world of difference in the appearence of subtle pannel bulges and rippled metal. I'll post screenshots of the results a little later after a bit more experimenting.

Cheers and thanks for the interest.              

No Pug Spam here.... Yea! Beeeeeeauttttiful Nice work Keep them coming !!! Can't wait to fly that factory fresh Duck.

Fly Pug.jpg

Edited by Magnum11
EDIT
  • Upvote 1

Update to show work on normalmap.

Spoiler

CtuY9MN.jpg

HLcU4SP.jpg

MPCQyMv.jpg

ERzQLOZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Looking good!

I wonder if you could use my prop spirals in your template? Scaling them up from 2K might be an issue though.

• Upvote 1

That looks great! Do you use Photoshop or Gimp? I would love to know your technique for saving your normal map. I get major jaggy compression artifacts in the cloudy panel deformations when I save mine.

• Upvote 1

Magnum, Field Ops et al, thanks for your continued interest in this project.

DetCord, I will certainly use your spiral spinners If you'd send me a copy please.

FurbyForum, yes. I never understood the normalmap process on the first go round and it showed. I don't quite understand the process now, but there is an improvement.

Danziger. I use photoshop. To achieve the effects seen here, my Nvidea tools-filtered layersck reads from top to bottom...

Rivets

Pannel Lines

Ripples (this creates an impression of dints and folds in the metal surface.)

Bulges (this creates a pillowed effect beneath the ripples.)

I then use this script to combine the layers. http://vincentcallebaut.com/CombineNormal.html

If there's anything else, let me know, and I'll see if I can help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi DetCord

Got the spirals. They'll look sharp in blue and white.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KpgQuop said:

Hi DetCord

Got the spirals. They'll look sharp in blue and white.

Thank you.

No worries. Hopefully you can use them in the template. You might be able to marque, inverse and trim a bit or RVO them via a new layer. Feathering might work but I not quite sure how they'd turn out like that.

I could try recreating them for 4K use if you'd like. I never thought they looked all good in 2K to begin with.

Spoiler

xV20Q4V.png

Edited by DetCord12B

No worries DetCord, I should be able to work with them just fine. Thanks for pre empting this by the way. Spirals were on my list of things to get help about.

Currently getting inconsistent results on the normalmap. I'll plug away at it for a few more sessions, then throw my hands up and seek councel.

Edited by KpgQuop

Having finally come to terms with the normalmap, I've more or less brought that phase to a conclusion. A little work remains to do on the fabric surfaces and weapons systems.

I've also had a look at DetCord's spiral spinners, but that's painstaking work to get right and will be done next week now.

Here are some WIP shots and as always, thanks for looking.

Spoiler

3hfKtrU.jpg

IX0FUG6.jpg

vcZNdzi.jpg

XAnLfoi.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Really a fantastic work KpgQuop !!!!  Congratulations !!!!  Would be happy to make some skins on your template ....

Many thanks by advance

😉😉

• Upvote 1

Can't Sleep at night waiting  for this 4K Beauty...  It's been much Ignored By the Skinners, Hope you will do the Eastern front 4k  green and gray P39 or green and Black.. some time also 

Thanks so Much

Mike

• Upvote 1

fantastic work on the normal map! Really looking forward to the finished template

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your comments everybody. I hope you'll all enjoy the finished product ans thanks for your patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking good. I am making a huge free-hunt mission for the 129 so I came here looking for skins :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's this week's update.

Spoiler

l7UQg90.jpg

AWK75GX.jpg

pGlojm1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Yeah. It's been "Almost threre now." since May 2018.

• Upvote 1

Good Things can take a While . . .

I'm really looking forward to this. The HS129 has become one of my favorite planes lately

Thanks in advance

The little Guardian

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the good vibes everybody.

Those MiGs are stunners by the way Danziger.

Updates Sunday.

Have a great weekend y'all

• Thanks 1

It's not much to show for a week's work.

Spoiler

gli2Lnx.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1