Benzin1973

Gunsight view?

Hello everybody, new player here. I have a little experience with IL2 1946, and i recall that there i had a "gunsight view" where if i pressed the Delete key, my view would "snap" to the gunsight for accurate aiming, and then pressing End would return me to normal view.

Now on IL-2 Bos/BoM i cant seem to find such a view. Sure i can "manually" manouver my head to lean forward, look at the sight, zoom in, etc. But it would be nice to have a one-key quick view of it like i had in 1946.

Is the Quicksight view not in BoS, or have i just completely missed it?

thanks!

To the best of my knowledge there is not such a view as standard but you may be able to create one using a snap view.

Edited by AeroAce

21 minutes ago, =L/R=RAFCIO said:

Try Num5.

This is only to center or recenter the forward view. What he's actually looking for does not exist in IL GB - he wants a view

where there is only the aiming cross or reticle displayed - no frame, no bits of the cockpit etc.

@Benzin1973 correct?

2 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

This is only to center or recenter the forward view. What he's actually looking for does not exist in IL GB - he wants a view

where there is only the aiming cross or reticle displayed - no frame, no bits of the cockpit etc.

@Benzin1973 correct?

You are wrong. This view (without cockpit) in Il2 1946 was after press Ctr F1 not Delete. Benzin if you want only see aiming cross you must press Num5 and you must press the key assigned to"Pilot head:zoom in" in section "Pilot head control". You can use the same key.

Not exactly, In IL2-1946 there was "SightView". It is the same as if in BoS you would lean your hear almost all the way forward centered on the sight, and applied a little zoom. You could still see the upper part of the "dashboard" on the cockpit, a little to the sides thru the front window, etc. 

It was exactly as seeing the sight up close, with a little zoom. But made with a single key press, instead of having to "steer" your head into the sight using controls for each movement.

I will try to make a custom snap view for it.

thanks guys

1 minute ago, =L/R=RAFCIO said:

You are wrong. This view (without cockpit) in Il2 1946 was after press Ctr F1 not Delete. Benzin if you want only see aiming cross you must press Num5 and you must press the key assigned to"Pilot head:zoom in" in section "Pilot head control". You can use the same key.

Yes, exactly. That was a different (cheaty) view hehe.

Yep, Numpad 5, followed by head forward, and a little zoom get the same result. Now its only a matter of saving it as a quick snapview. 

OT:

YAY! i just completed my first "full" mission in BoS. taking off, destroying some ground targets, returning and landing. While continuing to have a pulse, no bulletholes and a complete aircraft hehe.