Sign in to follow this  
bycomet

Activation key not received for steam version?

Hi guys,

I bought BOS/BOM/BOK from steam and used my steam account to login on https://il2sturmovik.com/ to active. In game, there is no problem for the content or multiplayer server access.

1.jpg.858cebb2b56aba6e819532cd8490fd62.jpg

But I note many guys in this forum have these badges below. I guess these badges are acquired by activating key on https://il2sturmovik.com/. But I did not received any key from steam , 1C or other sources. How can I get the key?

2.jpg.076ff7ce43abda8fd070da357a3f7fdd.jpg

You don't get an activation key if you buy it from Steam now. And even when it used to get one, it was not accounted for the forum badge system.

2 minutes ago, Mauf said:

These are awarded for preorders only.

They expanded it recently, but it only works for purchases from the webstore.

My BoM was not a pre-order, but I got the forum badge added (it was not there initially). It's bronze, since it was not a pre-order.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

You don't get an activation key if you buy it from Steam now. And even when it used to get one, it was not accounted for the forum badge system.

They expanded it recently, but it only works for purchases from the webstore.

My BoM was not a pre-order, but I got the forum badge added (it was not there initially). It's bronze, since it was not a pre-order.

Ah, explains why I got the bronze BoM. Thought it was a cheaper edition or something. Been a while.

I got BoS from Steam (with the old key system). I got an activation key for it (which I activated here). It shows up in my list of licenses in my profile in the webstore, but I don't get a BoS forum badge.

5 minutes ago, Mauf said:

Ah, explains why I got the bronze BoM. Thought it was a cheaper edition or something. Been a while.

If I'm not mistaken, the silver badge is for pre-orders of standard editions.

• Upvote 1

If you buy directly from the website you get a key. Steam will only have the key show up in your profile if you link your IL2 account and your steam account. 

PS if you buy directly from the website its still compatible with your steam build but the devs get %100 of the money rather than steam getting a cut.