Han

Developer Diary 213 - Discussion

"our Lead Engineer is creating the physical model of the jet engine for Me 262."

I. Cant. Wait.

Plus, the Dora looks beautiful

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

will be two types of canopies as option for Fw-190A-8 too?

Maybe, but no promises, it depends on time.

4 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Happy New Year guys!

Thanks!

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 2

Good job A Team Developers  And Happy New Year   Some of us started Celebrating  Early...…… We are Excited about 2019

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Thanks Han and team. You guys made 2018  truly memorable. Happy new year. Ps saving for tank crewthe tank commander and tank platoon commander functionality which will be the backbone of Tank Crew gameplay. :salute:

Edited by Luger1969

The Dora and the D.VIIF - two of my favorites! Thank you for all your hard work, Jason and team, and best wishes for 2019. Really looking forward to flying above Arras once more!

Yes, it has been a wonderful sim year ;)

You deserve a great New Year party!!!

All the vodka on me! Thanks devs.

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

Great year and great job Devs !!

The Dora cockpit colors and details looks improved compared to other German machines :salute:

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Thank you all dev team!

A Happy New Year to all of you and to our great community!

1 hour ago, =FB=VikS said:

Yes, its gonna be optional.

Revi 16B is by default.

PS: as well as two versions of canopyes  - flat one and bulged.

OMG, it's sounds great!!

28 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

Maybe, but no promises, it depends on time.

We can wait, pls do it! :biggrin:

What these markings mean?

image.png.d3bba84556e8dc879728c54e12d4435d.png

31 minutes ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

our Lead Engineer is creating the physical model of the jet engine for Me 262. Of course, this work opens up the possibility to widen our aircraft pool in the future.

Just pls., don't go for post-war (WW2) jets. It's too soon... 
Plenty of WW2 planes and theaters not in GBs yet.

too fast for BOK(Korea)....
I think Ar234 is in Dev's pocket list

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Takuya_liang said:

Arado Ar234 would be awesome! 😍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm seeing sun glint off of the KV-1's turret periscopic sight...you folks are killing Steel Beasts!

7 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Thank you all dev team!

A Happy New Year to all of you and to our great community!

OMG, it's sounds great!!

We can wait, pls do it! :biggrin:

What these markings mean?

image.png.d3bba84556e8dc879728c54e12d4435d.png

The written part says: "Deploy flaps below 295 km/h".

The other, handwritten parts are what I assume to be maximum permissible indicated speeds at certain altitudes:

480 km/h at 9 km

610 / 7

720 / 5

850 / 3

900 / 2

• Thanks 1

Nice surprise for the end of the year.

2018 was such a leap to make Il-2 the best WW2 sim on the market. It was a quantum leap over an already incredible product. The Dora looks awesome. Looking forward to 2019! Happy new year team!

Happy New Year to the Dev Team !

I start loving your tanks 😊

46 minutes ago, Takuya_liang said:

Lockheed YP-80A Shooting Star, Italy 1945 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Great update for the P-47 skins! Are the Fw 190 D-9 skins going to be 4K as well? They look like they are. 

• Upvote 1

A great DD, thanks.

Happy New year to all. 

1 hour ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

our Lead Engineer is creating the physical model of the jet engine for Me 262. Of course, this work opens up the possibility to widen our aircraft pool in the future.

Just pls., don't go for post-war (WW2) jets. It's too soon... 
Plenty of WW2 planes and theaters not in GBs yet.

Totally agreed here. While it's nice to see that they will have the option in the future... there is so much more left to explore in WW2. 

I love the images of the Fw-190D-9 and the video of the tanks destroying buildings. But I am disappointed that the Dora wasn’t released this year because the dev images of it’s 3D untextured external and cockpit were shown along with the P-47 which was in the same developmental state, and that plane was released this year. 

I hope that the late January patch will include the D-9 and the P-51, or another Bodenplatte plane.

Happy New Year and best hopes for 2019😀

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

Totally agreed here. While it's nice to see that they will have the option in the future... there is so much more left to explore in WW2. 

how do people interpret anything other than ww2 in that statement in the first place? they said widen the aircraft pool, aka more aircraft for existing theaters. not add new scenarios...
Ar 234, He 162 there are more jets in WW2

• Like 1

The P-47 skins are lovely.

The Dora looks fantastic! That level of detail really gives it presence and a feeling of mass.

I got an Oculus Rift headset for Christmas that I will be setting up this weekend.

2018 was great and your much appreciated hard work will make 2019 even better!

Edited by Docjonel
Grammar
  • Upvote 1

WOW, the building damage model is truly impressive, I would not like to have been in one of those buildings.:o:

All is looking great for the New Year, have a great holiday guys, thank you very much for the update.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Love seeing the D9 pics! Although I truly hope the Mustang can be released next to stop all the "K4 has no equal" talk.

2 hours ago, PainGod85 said:

The written part says: "Deploy flaps below 295 km/h".

The other, handwritten parts are what I assume to be maximum permissible indicated speeds at certain altitudes:

480 km/h at 9 km

610 / 7

720 / 5

850 / 3

900 / 2

Shooting from the hip but it looks like a dive speed placard.

Just now, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Shooting from the hip but it looks like a dive speed placard.

It's not like I translated the placard or anything. :v

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warpig said:

Love seeing the D9 pics! Although I truly hope the Mustang can be released next to stop all the "K4 has no equal" talk.

Sadly, I don't think that will make that much difference. The K4 is still more advanced and higher performing than the P-51D. It's the Spit XIV that will make a real difference, if/when it is added as a collector's plane, along with the Tempest of course.

I'd love to be wrong, mind you, and I certainly Iook very much looking forward to the Mustang. :)

Edited by 71st_AH_Yankee_

Great update, can’t wait for the new aircraft.  Haven’t tried the tanks yet, but based upon the latest update I might have to try.  You guys are the BEST...wonderful work, my hat’s off to you.

2 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

Great update, can’t wait for the new aircraft.  Haven’t tried the tanks yet, but based upon the latest update I might have to try.  You guys are the BEST...wonderful work, my hat’s off to you.

the tanks are very interesting and very fun to play around with already, when all the systems are in place for them they should be one of the best tank experiences money can buy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

Sadly, I don't think that will make that much difference. The K4 is still more advanced and higher performing than the P-51D. It's the Spit XIV that will make a real difference, if/when it is added as a collector's plane, along with the Tempest of course.

I'd love to be wrong, mind you, and I certainly Iook very much looking forward to the Mustang. :)

As long as people give the Mustang and Tempest a fair chance, instead of thinking what if we had [insert plane here]. I think we'll be alright.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

WOW, the building damage model is truly impressive, I would not like to have been in one of those buildings.:o:

Particularly enjoyed the KV-1 driving through someone's outside kharzi at 1.22:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warpig said:

As long as people give the Mustang and Tempest a fair chance, instead of thinking what if we had [insert plane here]. I think we'll be alright.

I don't think fairness is relevant, to be fair.

The Tempest will be a major contender at low level, however, there's no doubt there. But at higher altitudes the K4 is definitely going to be top dog until we get the Spit XIV.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... it's not like we haven't had the same scenario for years now on the eastern front, after all. I still look forward to that Spit XIV though. :P

Wow.  I gotta lie down.

That vid was just effing stoopid good.  Is this the damage model we can look forward to for all buildings?  Bombing is going to be such a treat now, as if it wasn't already.

The tank footage gave me wood.  The paint looks awesome on the planes, and I don't even know how to express myself about the 190.  I think something between shudders and "woo, I'm spent!"

Seriously, you guys have really really outdone yourselves.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Wow.  I gotta lie down.

That vid was just effing stoopid good.  Is this the damage model we can look forward to for all buildings? 

Just buildings we have built for TC map for close quarter combat with tanks. But they can be added to other maps in the ME.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Just buildings we have built for TC map for close quarter combat with tanks. But they can be added to other maps in the ME.

Jason

Oo, oo, oo!  Fun fun fun!

I've been away from this sim for a few months due to RL issuses, but coming back - things just keep getting better and the creative possibilities just keep expanding!

Sooo cool!

I'll have to build a barnstorming obstacle course  for my squadron(with invulnerability on - or off!)!

Edited by No601_Swallow

Wow, what a nice DD! The D9 was a long awaited plane and thank you for the implementation of the two types of Canopies for the Dora. Hope we see it on the F8 too. Would be a unique feature in a flight sim, since the beginning of Flightsims in the early 80's 🤗

The extra details with the building modelling will make ground pounding extra good on these tank maps. 🙂

One thing really stood out but no one else has commented on it: The town in the P47 shot below looks extra delicious. Is this with the current public map tech? It seems to be way better then we have now. Maybe it's a graphics card/settings thing but I haven't experienced that degree of near photo-realism before. 

town.thumb.JPG.eb52549b29fd723732cb06e0c4540fb8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1