Spicysauced

"Outdated hit data received" and other quirks

To anyone flying online this should be a common message, sometimes completely spamming the chat section. 
And I honestly dont know how this has not become a bigger topic yet, people are leaving servers because of this. 
It is clearly an error which is netcode related, since its happening on almost all servers with mission objectives.
It wasnt there until 3.007 I believe, and definitely not in earlier versions of the game (2.x, 1.x).
I once was flying a Spit attacking a 190, spent my whole ammo on him but he didnt react, nor did his plane "react" to my shots until 110(!!) seconds later. I was still following him at this point so I could see the delayed impacts and its results happening "live".
This is completely game breaking when it happens and as I said earlier, I cant imagine how this didnt become a bigger topic yet, since its not a rare occasion but happens daily and often.
If that happened in any other game, say a so called AAA title, the community would be "up in arms" in no time, here it seems, that most people dont care, even if they spent 200+ bucks on the franchise.
So, devs, please fix this. To fix bugs should ALWAYS have a higher priority than getting new content out, that is my opinion. 

Second, the "grey start button" bug. Anyone knows this aswell. Is that a server issue? I dont think so - I just know that it is in the game since 2014, so right from the start. Why hasnt this been fixed yet? You have to leave the server and come back. Another variation of this is the "lite version" of this bug. You press start, you hear the *clonk* sound of your plane spawning but you still see the map, nothing happens. Then you gotta click somewhere on the map, press "spectate" and for some odd reason only then you are able to be in your plane that just spawned. Also this has been in game since YEARS and hasnt been fixed, although a lot of new content has been pumped out by then. 

Third: The "cant join server" bug, and again, anyone flying on populated servers knows this. Say you wanna join Wings, it says 52/84. Alright, lets have a go!
Or not.
It loads the map, and ... you are in the menu again. The cycle repeats several times until the server/netcode/game gods let you join. Ive had instances when I tried 15 times or more to join. 
And AGAIN, this bug, which leads you to the menu is in the game since years, nothing has been done about it.

Lastly, I want to make a proposal about the server selection screen itself. When you go to that screen, it never saves your last "sort order" selection. What I do is, I always click the little arrow to sort after player numbers to find most populated servers quickly. Since players are forced to go to that server selection screen more often than they would like to due to the aforementioned bug, it would be nice if that screen would remember your sort order or sort the servers after player numbers by default.

Thats it for now, sorry if its a long post, and Im not really a forums guy who writes often, but this has been on my mind since a long time so I wrote it down here. 
Greetings and have a nice day :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Outdated is reported here, most people i guess PM dev with info about if after it, so i guess thats why you dont see it on forum raised offten, ( i do see and here lot of questions about it on ts3 or in game server chat)

Greyed start key, it usealy happends when you stay on server when mission ends and after first sortie on next mission you have that grey start that doesent alow you to start and only fix is disconect and reconect. Also i noticed it it will happend when missions are heavy and outdated messages happend. Also after you do first sortie you have grey start and have to reconect.

I also expirianced that what you say when you press start and then you need to wait and nothing happends, and then when you click on speculate your in your airplane, but i expirianced this before 3.007, after it it never happend to me. Dont know what was/is coasing this problem.

Cant join when you clearly see there is free slots happends usealy when new mission starts, as most if not all players leve server when mission switches to avoid that grey start problem, all are now trying to join, and at some point there is 40-50 trying to join at same time and they are just loading and reloading and so on and lobby just dosent update fast enought for you to see that server is already full, offten you can see 83/84 and your constantly geting kicked after loading on join as some other players also trying to join at same time and load faster , and if its 5-10 players and offten it is like that your out of luck and need to wait and just try untill you load faster then them ( SSD and fast next makes your chances better :)  )

thouse small things combined can make any player easy frustrated realy fast.

Edited by 77.CountZero

5 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

thouse small things combined can make any player easy frustrated realy fast.

Exactly. Maybe we can get a community thing going here, pushing the devs to put out a patch which actually fixes these long known bugs before releasing shiny new toys. 

as far i know they are aware of all thouse problems and i just think they are not easy to eliminate, last few updates are atempting and fixing some MP problems, and there is still few anoying ones still undetected or unfixed. The outdated messages are there to colect data so i exect that to be resolved in near future.

grey start is probably conected to overloaded mission ( either by planty ppl joining after restart or heavy mission ) so that could also be fixable in neer future.

lobby and joining problems i dont know what they could do ther, some kined of waiting list or similar was already sugested by some ppl before.

Edited by 77.CountZero

31 минуту назад, Spicysauced сказал:

Exactly. Maybe we can get a community thing going here, pushing the devs to put out a patch which actually fixes these long known bugs before releasing shiny new toys. 

We are aware of all the bugs about which you wrote and also want to fix it, but in our reality it is not so simple. At the moment we are working to eliminate the delay and hope that the message will not appear in the next patch. We are not sure that this update is the cause of this delay, but this should definitely improve multiplayer.
We also cannot stop developing "new shiny toys", because a huge number of users are already waiting for their new aircraft and tanks.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answer, airahusky.
Well, with all due respect Sir, except the first bug I mentioned (The outdated hit data one) the others have been around for years.
To me it seems, that if someone in the dev team mentioned these bugs they were being told "We know, doesnt matter right now, develop [Plane XY, Map XY] first. 
Why? Because this is where the money is, I get that. No one, also I, didnt say you should stop develop new toys for us, I for example am very much looking forward to the Mustang and Tempest to have something that can match the K4s performance, since the Allies right now dont have anything that matches its speed, climb or dive performance (which is another topic altogether).
But what should be done in any company regardless of the product they produce is, to make a product as perfect as possible before releasing something new, making a product more complex and bugs even harder to iron out.
Sure people are waiting for these new toys, because dev blogs and announcements are fueling the hype train for those, and the company, in this case of course you, are responsible for creating these hypes aswell.

I know, that developing a complex program or game never really stops, its an ongoing process of patching and sometimes patching the patches. 
But what Im saying is, that the priority should not be to create and fuel short or midterm hypetrains for new planes or maps before the base product as a whole is not free of gamebreaking bugs.  I hope you can take these lines as constructive criticism, because thats how they are meant. I am enjoying flying as a hobby as all of us do here, but this is only possible with an as bug free base product as possible.
Thank you for listening and understanding and have a great day!

Edited by Spicysauced
Typo
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2