HeimatSchuetzer

Help with Logitech Rudder-Pedals

Greetings and Merry Christmas everyone!

I received a new set of Rudder-Pedals for Christmas. These are my first and I am having a bit of trouble setting them up.

When I try to bind them to my rudders ingame the game only recognizes only one of the pedals and in-flight the plane tilts towards the side that does not get recognized.

I searched for other topics related but could not find anything. I installed the drivers from this site: https://support.logitech.com/de_de/product/flight-sim-rudder-pedals/downloads

My pedals: https://www.logitechg.com/en-roeu/products/flight/flight-simulator-rudder-pedals.html

Any help would be appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Sounds to me like you are binding an incorrect control. The rudder pedals are one axis, it should not be possible to have two seperate pedals, unless you are maybe pressing the toe brakes?

Here's an example where rudder pedals should be assigned:

Image1.thumb.jpg.4b7431d02f47ba3f627e44032464270e.jpg

So, basically, click on the box to the right, move the pedals - without moving the toe brakes - and you should be good to go. (Maybe you need to invert the axis, but you'll find out soon enough if that's the case)

Good Luck, and Have Fun!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, HeimatSchuetzer said:

Greetings and Merry Christmas everyone!

I received a new set of Rudder-Pedals for Christmas. These are my first and I am having a bit of trouble setting them up.

When I try to bind them to my rudders ingame the game only recognizes only one of the pedals and in-flight the plane tilts towards the side that does not get recognized.

I searched for other topics related but could not find anything. I installed the drivers from this site: https://support.logitech.com/de_de/product/flight-sim-rudder-pedals/downloads

My pedals: https://www.logitechg.com/en-roeu/products/flight/flight-simulator-rudder-pedals.html

Any help would be appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Hi,

I've got the same rudder pedals you have, except that they were from Saitek - which is now Logitech. So, apart from the labeling name they are 100% the same.

As others may object that they are not the best quality, they are not so bad after all. So, let's start with the following for you to check.

- You wrote that you installed the most recent drivers. OK, then you should be able to see them correctly displayed on your Windows System under "Printers and Devices",

right? It should look like this:

Capture2.PNG.ddff8e36fa2582be449318cfcb4daeba.PNG

Right-click the corresponding rudder icon and select "Game controller settings", select "Saitek Rudder Pedals":

Capture3.PNG.ac8502c85e0929d84524d7c8fd80cb12.PNG

Here you select "Properties" to end up here:

Capture.PNG.7f0816cbb9be6f39c3bbaea11578992b.PNG

- Can you move your rudder pedals accordingly and see corresponding bars moving correspondingly?

- Can you activate the left and right toe brake correspondingly?

If all of the steps above are OK, meaning that you can do all the steps instructed, then your rudder device works OK and is recognized properly by

you Windows System. That's a good start.

Now, let's move to the game. Go to the key mapping option where you will assign the axis correspondingly. Make sure to read the instruction and

do exactly, what is written. After this you can click on the icon on your right (red arrow):

InkedCapture4_LI.thumb.jpg.f671e39d344ac457b9daac4acadbbf97.jpg

You will get this window:

Capture5.thumb.PNG.2575886247812acafa38f44fe2558b52.PNG

Here you can check again, if your rudder pedals are working correctly - if so, then it will work when flying too.

Finally, you have to do the same with you toe brakes and assign them accordingly left and right.

Cheers

Edited by -IRRE-Therion
  • Like 1

Hey,

thank you two for your swift and detailed answers!

I did as you told me and checked the software under the control panel. Unbenannt.PNG.ca92ca06781a9826587156b7e7675087.PNG

The bar for the Left Toe stays like that without any input whatsoever, that also explains the tendency of the plane to go left in-flight.

It does not respond to any input. Right Toe however does and the breaks work on both peddals. I guess the hardware is broken but if you have any other suggestion let me know!

Thanks again!

Edited by HeimatSchuetzer
Spelling

This sounds bad.

Does "Rudder" horizontal bar respond to your input? When one pedal moves forward and the other pedal moves back at the same time.

What's in the "Deadzones" tab? Any option to calibrate?

Maybe try uninstalling the driver. It should still be recognized as a generic joystick type device. Then check if you have any option to calibrate.

But it could be a hardware problem.

First thing to do is calibration - don't forget hit Apply (or Save) after.

Preferable in Saitek soft, if not available in Windows Games Controllers - the last option.

If calibration don't help, indicates that this unit is defective - not surprise in "Saitek's", contact warranty. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! 

Sorry for the late update on things! I've recently got my new pedals and they are now working as intended. So to whoever else that may have this particular problem, it's probably your hardware.

Thank you everyone for your help!

• Like 1