Sign in to follow this  
Mega2016

Exhaust Flames

Hey - is there a way to disable the exhaust flames? in witch way was this effect created? Is this a part of the 3D modell or is it a part of a texture that can be made transparent?

I want no discussion about pro and contra - i only ask for advice how i can learn to disable it.

Greetings + Merry Christmas

bernd

Ok I have never flown an AC, nor have I worked on an AC's engine in reality - disclaimer

I pose these two questions firstly to real life pilots /mech engineers, that have flown / worked on Rotary / Inline engines,  then it will be over to the modders, so have to wait on the replies for the first two questions. Ok here we go:

Q for pilots /mech engineers;

In game we have orange/yellow flames emitting from an exhaust port via the cylinder that has just fired in sequence, does this colour occur in reality and do they expose themself in that length in real time as it is displayed in-game?

If the engine was damaged, be it via battle or a defective part/s, would the colour emitting from an exhaust port change at all?

Q for modders;

Based on the answers above would it be possible to alter the exhaust flame to the colour described above when the engine is working at 100% and alter the colour again when damage is inflicted in the graphics for the damage model (provided that it does actually change in colour).

I hope it makes sense in what I am saying/asking.

Cheers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Ok I have never flown an AC, nor have I worked on an AC's engine in reality - disclaimer

I pose these two questions firstly to real life pilots /mech engineers, that have flown / worked on Rotary / Inline engines,  then it will be over to the modders, so have to wait on the replies for the first two questions. Ok here we go:

Q for pilots /mech engineers;

In game we have orange/yellow flames emitting from an exhaust port via the cylinder that has just fired in sequence, does this colour occur in reality and do they expose themself in that length in real time as it is displayed in-game?

If the engine was damaged, be it via battle or a defective part/s, would the colour emitting from an exhaust port change at all?

Q for modders;

Based on the answers above would it be possible to alter the exhaust flame to the colour described above when the engine is working at 100% and alter the colour again when damage is inflicted in the graphics for the damage model (provided that it does actually change in colour).

I hope it makes sense in what I am saying/asking.

Cheers.

Answer to Q for moders;

Possible, but it requires modification of the file in which the effect is defined and most effect files (.efx and .epl) are encrypted and so far not modifiable files.

• Like 1