216th_SilentEskimo

"Show custom paint schemes"- what exactly does this do?

Spoiler

inked2018_6_2__9_59_1iacz5.jpg

Hello,sorry if this is the wrong place to ask it or it is already discussed and anzwered a dozen times. I used the "search forum"-function but I only found a german thread about this without much information.

So does anybody know what the checkbox "show custom paint schemes" in the game settings is for? Is it possible to see skins of other players even if I don't have them on my own when it is checked?

5 minutes ago, 216th_SilentEskimo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

inked2018_6_2__9_59_1iacz5.jpg

Hello,sorry if this is the wrong place to ask it or it is already discussed and anzwered a dozen times. I used the "search forum"-function but I only found a german thread about this without much information.

So does anybody know what the checkbox "show custom paint schemes" in the game settings is for? Is it possible to see skins of other players even if I don't have them on my own when it is checked?

It should be like this: If you tick this, in Multiplayer you would see other players custom skins without having those skins. 
It does not work.

• Thanks 1

Hello Silent eskimo ,  if it s unchecked , you will not see any custom skins from other players , and if it s checked , you will only see custom skins from other player that  you have downloaded  and installed into the skin folder  ... if you dont have them , it will be the default skin .

Edited by 13Nrv
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 216th_SilentEskimo said:

I see! Would have been phantastic news if it worked.😔

Well, it works if you have the skin they're using downloaded.

Hi gents,

are you sure this option doesn't work? I think it's working as it should. On Berloga f.ex. I saw many custom skins that

I definitely don't have on my hard drive and which are definitely custom skins. So, what is it now?

Possible that if someone does not activate this, for sure the others will not see custom skins although there is one

in use. But if I select this option, then for sure everybody else will see my custom skin even if they don't have them.

Or I am completely wrong?

Cheers

33 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Or I am completely wrong?

You 're completely wrong.  The only way to see a custom skin is to have it in your skins folder. 

The only way to get a custom skin is to download it and place it in your skin folder manually.

To see it on someone else's plane in multiplayer check the show custom skins box.

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

You 're completely wrong.  The only way to see a custom skin is to have it in your skins folder. 

The only way to get a custom skin is to download it and place it in your skin folder manually.

To see it on someone else's plane in multiplayer check the show custom skins box.

Well mate - please read what I stated. I know custom skins have to be downloaded, else I can not select one. That's 100% clear and logical.

No, what I'm saying is, that if I select my custom skin and have the option activated so that my custom skin is shown to others (visible for

others), my custom skin will be seen by others in MP - and I did observer this on several occasions.

Any other purpose of this option is completely senseless. Why should I need to download every possible custom skin for each and every

plane, just to be visible to others or see their custom skins? That's exactly how it's always been working before this "magical" option.

To me, this option makes having all possible custom skins local on my drive obsolete - except my personal custom skins of course or

I won't be able to select one.

59 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well mate - please read what I stated. I know custom skins have to be downloaded, else I can not select one. That's 100% clear and logical.

No, what I'm saying is, that if I select my custom skin and have the option activated so that my custom skin is shown to others (visible for

others), my custom skin will be seen by others in MP - and I did observer this on several occasions.

Any other purpose of this option is completely senseless. Why should I need to download every possible custom skin for each and every

plane, just to be visible to others or see their custom skins? That's exactly how it's always been working before this "magical" option.

To me, this option makes having all possible custom skins local on my drive obsolete - except my personal custom skins of course or

I won't be able to select one.

'Fraid you are completely wrong again.  The only way to see someone else's custom skin is for you to have downloaded it and placed it in your skins folder.

Therion, you're 100% sure you're not just seeing the base game's "custom" skins? If the swastika is censored on a German plane, there's a chance that they are. I remember not being sure either sometimes, since I don't have all of them in mind.

Arthur is right in my opinion. I've seen a few people rocking custom skins, and every time they were also installed on my machine. Real simmers hunt for custom skins every day. :^)

Edited by Frenchy56

Well then - so this option "Show custom paint schemes" is completely for nothing, isn't it? Or it is not working as it should.

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well then - so this option "Show custom paint schemes" is completely for nothing, isn't it? Or it is not working as it should.

It does what it says, if you hover over it a bit.