Solmyr

No Landing Priorities for Damaged Planes

I guess title is quite enough to get the point but : why such an AI "feature" still not in the game ? I just watched a Pe-2 bomber in my career : it was leaking fuel from minor damages on left wing. But it was at the end of the queue landing -> drama. Did about 8 times the circuit, and eventually crashed because out of fuel. All other planes were ok.

Maybe it's time to get a priority landing related to damage ? Could it be tough to implement ??

• Upvote 3

Or just somehow reduce the landing time per plane: as of now they take an absurdly long time, it should be about 15 seconds per plane. They do not space out around the circuit, so they all have to do one complete circuit per plane that lands. Additionally, the airfield should be counted as clear to land once the landing plane is past the tower, no need for it to clear the runway altogether.

Maybe one day.

• Upvote 2

It would be proper to do so but atm I just go in ahead and land...

but prioritizing would be a nice feature

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2018 at 3:46 PM, unreasonable said:

Or just somehow reduce the landing time per plane: as of now they take an absurdly long time, it should be about 15 seconds per plane. They do not space out around the circuit, so they all have to do one complete circuit per plane that lands. Additionally, the airfield should be counted as clear to land once the landing plane is past the tower, no need for it to clear the runway altogether.

Maybe one day.

Yes, I'd like to see this reviewed when there is time.

Depends on the damage. I dont want AC that are likely to block the runway as a result of damage landing before me. In the case of undercarriage or control surface damage having them land last is preferable. Damage to fuel tanks or coolant is a different story though.