Solmyr

Flying Circus Vol.2 Period ?

Hello all,

Did we get any clue about the next WWI period covered with Flying Circus  2nd opus ? Early war ? Mid war ?

Side remark, I'd love to see much more french aircrafts because we only get 1 in Vol.1 in spite of France being 1st aerial power at that time...

• Upvote 2

Yeah, French planes would be a big reason for me to buy something like this, I passed on the current one since there's only the Spad, mythical as it is.

Volume one has to be successful enough to merit spending valuable resources on volume two.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

I think we'll have to wait for volume one to be near completion, or complete before any word will come out about volume two.

Probably true. I just was asking myself if I had missed something on it.

1 hour ago, Frenchy56 said:

Yeah, French planes would be a big reason for me to buy something like this, I passed on the current one since there's only the Spad, mythical as it is.

I think you should grab it now while it's still in pre-order if you can, you might regret it if not : it's still the most important era of the war, and the plane set is great !

1 hour ago, Danziger said:

Volume one has to be successful enough to merit spending valuable resources on volume two.

I have no doubt that it will be successful. That series will be a blast.

There is no information that has come from official sources at this point with regards to a Vol 2. Vol 1 has to be a success likely for Vol 2 to happen but I do have high hopes seeing as when I look around the forum I see lots of the regulars have bought it and there are some new faces that bought it too.

Mid-late next year we should know what's going on but I do hope.

IMHO, the next set I'd like to see is the 1917 set. Throw in the two large bombers (the Handley Page and the Gotha) and I think we'd have a pretty exciting pack. It would also be an opportunity for the devs to reintroduce the Career mode for the series and that would be a step towards Flying Circus reaching full potential. I have high hopes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Keep in mind there is a “Collector Planes” subdivision around too;
So before FC2 there might come some frosting on this cake)))
Just add up what is in the actual Rof hangar and one notices this holds great potential ...
Could be the Bébé Nieuport or the Pup ...

For FC2 I'd say the N17 in every version for sure and like they can no longer hold back on the big bombers the HP and the Gotha;

Edited by West
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

I passed on the current one since there's only the Spad, mythical as it is.

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by 'mythical' in this context?

6 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by 'mythical' in this context?

Well, what is the P-51D to WW2 aircraft in terms of fame? Or, an even closer subject, the Sopwith Camel or S.E.5 to the RAF's history?

The SPAD shares its place as the most famous French WW1 fighter biplane with the Nieuport.

Edited by Frenchy56
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frenchy56 said:

Well, what is the P-51D to WW2 aircraft in terms of fame?

The existence of the P-51D is not in dispute.  Did you mean 'legendary' perhaps?

• Upvote 1

Language trouble I fear. Mythical appertains to some object or person that doesn't exist - except in legends or myths. I suspect that you've been led astray by the modern use of 'legendary', which is now said by everybody when they mean 'really famous'. Dragons are legendary - David Beckham isn't.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

The existence of the P-51D is not in dispute.  Did you mean 'legendary' perhaps?

Woops, meant "legendary", but "mythical" still has some meaning in this context.

Edited by Frenchy56
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Solmyr said:

I think you should grab it now while it's still in pre-order if you can, you might regret it if not :

FC is not and never has been in pre-order. Why do you think delaying purchase might be regrettable?

1 hour ago, 216th_Cat said:

Language trouble I fear. Mythical appertains to some object or person that doesn't exist - except in legends or myths. I suspect that you've been led astray by the modern use of 'legendary', which is now said by everybody when they mean 'really famous'. Dragons are legendary - David Beckham isn't.

Cheers.

I'm no expert on language, but Google says amongst other definitions: Legend - an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field. "The man was a living legend". And I've found similar definitions in dictionaries like Collins and Webster like a notable person whose deeds or exploits are much talked about in his or her own time. So I think it fits the bill.

And David Beckham... Well, I would say Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Puskas, Cruyff, Garrincha and such :biggrin: ;)

• Like 1

Might depends on the amount of involvement, being French one ends attributing mythical properties to a mere SPAD;
An Englishman couldn’t possibly start understanding LOL

16 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

I'm no expert on language, but Google says amongst other definitions: Legend - an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field. "The man was a living legend". And I've found similar definitions in dictionaries like Collins and Webster like a notable person whose deeds or exploits are much talked about in his or her own time. So I think it fits the bill.

And David Beckham... Well, I would say Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Puskas, Cruyff, Garrincha and such :biggrin: ;)

A living legend, yes, legendary no. The true (or old, i.e. more than twenty years ago) meaning of legendary applied to people such as King Arthur and Merlin, maybe real, maybe not. And I would definitely agree with the names on your list before Beckham any day :good:.

17 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

A living legend, yes, legendary no. The true (or old, i.e. more than twenty years ago) meaning of legendary applied to people such as King Arthur and Merlin, maybe real, maybe not. And I would definitely agree with the names on your list before Beckham any day :good:.

I think the use is much looser. From Collins and Webster: : WELL-KNOWN, FAMOUS - a legendary football player [Webster]. If you describe someone or something as legendary, you mean that they are very famous and that many stories are told about them - the legendary Jazz singer Adelaide Hall [Collins].

But this is just semantics, although these crates and pilots were trully legendary.

2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

But this is just semantics, although these crates and pilots were trully legendary.

Indeed it is, I'm just getting old. But personally I won't be legendary until after I'm dead. And maybe not even then :blink:. I think I'd rather be a myth. Or was it moth?

Cheers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Vol 1 has to be a success likely for Vol 2 to happen but I do have high hopes seeing as when I look around the forum I see lots of the regulars have bought it and there are some new faces that bought it too.

And that the RoF player base didn't migrate yet (even guys like me bought it but quite wait for it to be released before actually regularly play it, though I didn't fire RoF since a way too long time). We can decently hope that most of RoF regular community will come in the dance eventually.

Edited by Solmyr

4 hours ago, Solmyr said:

And that the RoF player base didn't migrate yet (even guys like me bought it but quite wait for it to be released before actually regularly play it, though I didn't fire RoF since a way too long time). We can decently hope that most of RoF regular community will come in the dance eventually.

I'm not really surprised that they haven't all jumped right away. For the last few months its just been two planes. Now it's four planes. This is not a complaint but the realism of early access and the pace of development is about what I expected. When a few more planes appear, the map appears, and either some official missions or unofficial mission makers get started, and maybe a dedicated multiplayer server or two... yeah that's when we'll start to feel the momentum.

18 hours ago, Archie said:

If you want a chance of a volume 2, buy volume 1...

Yep you are right,

I do not care or speculate on mid. or early or late period, I only hope 1C eventually will swap all the RoF planes to FC as flyable planes. 

If the WW1 market is not being profitable, then I do hope they will considder to introduce these planes as AI controlled planes in the FC game, just like the 2seaters in 2009 in RoF.  I would be a great loss if these RoF planes could not be used in FC, so if these Vol1 would not making any profit, I do hope they will make an AI plane pack only, payware pack, that is containing all the planes from RoF. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Indeed it is, I'm just getting old. But personally I won't be legendary until after I'm dead. And maybe not even then :blink:. I think I'd rather be a myth. Or was it moth?

Cheers.

If you want to be a Myth, I believe the UK government is trying to enact laws that enable you to become one, just by saying so. Or a Mythiss, of courth.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Woops, meant "legendary", but "mythical" still has some meaning in this context.

Mh.. Seems that it's more a common french language abuse that we're accomodate to. Anyway, I guess everyone got it.

22 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

FC is not and never has been in pre-order. Why do you think delaying purchase might be regrettable?

Here again, maybe a language trouble : don't call it pre-order if you want, but it's in early access. You can save 10 $ right now and it will be a long time then before the price gets lowered.

Still, from Il-2 Great Battles' official site : "Buy now and take advantage of our Pre-Order discount ($10 OFF) and Early Access program - fly these antique warbirds as soon as they are ready!"

12 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'm not really surprised that they haven't all jumped right away. For the last few months its just been two planes. Now it's four planes. [...] When a few more planes appear, the map appears, and either some official missions or unofficial mission makers get started, and maybe a dedicated multiplayer server or two... yeah that's when we'll start to feel the momentum.

This is precisely what I meant. So I'm fairly confident that it will eventually be a commercial success, if it isn't yet.

Edited by Solmyr
  • Like 1

To be honest it's the map, the depth of detail and a convincing campaign that will sway me to get even remotely excited about playing it.

I will probably fly the aeroplanes more once something that I love flying turns up... it needs to be a massive improvement over RoF to make me buy into vol 2 ...

• Upvote 2

On 12/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, Royal_Flight said:

If it’s got the FE.2b then I’ll be happy. 

If it has the Fe2b with better crew animations, not the stand up/sit down/stand up/sit down routine that ruined it in Rise of Flight; then I would definitely but FC2.  And FC1 as well. 

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

If it has the Fe2b with better crew animations, not the stand up/sit down/stand up/sit down routine that ruined it in Rise of Flight; then I would definitely but FC2.  And FC1 as well. 

What you really need is an FE.2b with the gunner from the Peshka. 

That would be a flying murder factory. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

RFC callisthenics, old chap. 

Got to keep yourself in shape.

Sadly, I've bought into FC with hopes that it will one day be a "finished product",  ... something that RoF never was (in my opinion). I own nearly all of the content of RoF, yet I would spend double, or maybe even triple the amount all over again for the things we should have, yet never saw in RoF;  a career mode that was out of beta, seasons on the channel map, an early allied 2-seater (BE-2), to name just a few missing pieces. I'm hopeful that FC vols. 1 & 2 combined will finally give WWI enthusiasts a war sim that is more than just simply a multi-player dogfight simulator. Hopeful, ... but I definitely wouldn't say optimistic. S!

On 12/22/2018 at 9:52 AM, Cynic_Al said:

Pre-order, early access, same damn thing - you are buying the product before it has been fully released. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Pre-order, early access, same damn thing - you are buying the product before it has been fully released. 

Well it was Jason who made the distinction, so take it up with him.

Pre-order, early acces, beta phase, a not finished game, you can call it what you like, but I did fly a big amount of free flight missions during the Xmass holidays and I must admit it is very good when using VR.

Yep I’m happy when trying to fly these WW1 birds and using the parachute, because me as an bad pilot I’m always shot down. ☠️

2 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

Well it was Jason who made the distinction, so take it up with him.

He didn't, so quit making up arguments where there were none to begin with.