Sign in to follow this  
F/JG300_Faucon

[To DEV team] Head movement when rolling (or "yawing")? with videos

Hello, 

I'm just wondering if that unrealistic feature will be removed (or at least largely decreased) for next updates? 

Because it's largely overmodeled. It's like the pilot have 0 muscles in his neck. 

That's all... :) Thank you!

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1

Based on my (minimal) experience in aircraft it's partially accurate. That is, your head does move in the opposite direction to a roll due to inertia but is easily corrected to bring it back to cockpit centre once the roll is established, whereas in Cliffs it stays pressed to the side of the canopy throughout the roll.

I got to disagree with you :)

From aerobatic experience, it's completely and easily possible to keep the head centered when you apply full ailerons (or rudder), at this kind of rollrate. 

Even at 400°/s (rollrate), the inertia movement is far lower than what we see in the game :o: You can see by yourself on those 2 videos. First one by me last year, second one by François Le Vot in 2013 (more interesting cause there are more aileron rolls). And know that in my case, about half of head movements are there to avoid hitting the canopy with the helmet. Also, it's normal that the head moves more during snaprolls cause it's more brutal than a simple aileron roll.

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon