Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.7.5 is available!

zn9b1AI.jpg

Tacview 1.7.5 is available

Download: HERE

• Release Date: Wed, 19 Dec 201
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 268.0 MB

This intermediate release brings a lot of improvements and fixes. The object database has been extended to better support your favorite flight simulator.

The telemetry exporter has been rewritten from scratch. Available in Tacview Advanced and Enterprise, it replaces the tool which was previously accessible from the charts. With the new exporter you can now save any telemetry variable (recorded or calculated) from any object in a single csv file. No need any more to export one by one each object variable in a separate file. It is now easier than ever to compile and analyze the telemetry data of your choice in your favorite spreadsheet.

I am now focusing more and more my efforts on Tacview 2: The goal is to offer you a brand-new platform with improved performances, fidelity, ergonomics, portability, all in a fully customizable package!

Best wishes to you all!

Vyrtuoz

Release notes

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added brand new telemetry export tool to export any possible data
  • Added BMS Pillars of Hercules theater map
  • Integrated Aegean 2.2 for BMS
  • Static objects declared in DTC files are now displayed only when Falcon 4 terrain is visible
  • Added support for waypoints in the telemetry
  • Added option to display current Track (TRK) in object labels
  • Added a new camera mode which looks forward of the primary object
  • Added WWI aircraft for IL-2
  • Added an option to always display position coordinates in the 3D view

FIXES

• Labels color should be inverted for weapons (old regression)
  • Improved support of corrupted uncompressed acmi files (typically after a DCS World crash)
  • Opening a VHS file by double-click or drag & drop was not working on a fresh install
  • Numerous fixes in improvement to the SDK
  • The label between selected objects was sometime displayed in a random position

1075786500187529216.png

• Like 2

It says 40% off, but the full price is still listed on your site, can you verify the sale price.

My apologies for the issue. In fact, I just had the same problem as you!

I believe this is a bug on the store. I think it has been fixed because I can now see the sale.

Can you retry and tell me if this is working for you now?

Yes, it`s working now. I just purchased the advanced version, I`ll use it for DCS and IL2, thanks again.

Edited by Wulfen

Do i need to uninstall previous version before install a new version of tacview ?

No, in general, it is not necessary to uninstall a previous version of Tacview when installing a new one.

That said, I believe there was a version number bug in the installer of one of Tacview 1.7.x versions (a mix between beta and non-beta folders). If you notice a strange behavior, then you may want to uninstall any previously installed edition and then reinstall the latest version (your settings will be preserved).

• Thanks 1

For me as an non English speaker, it is not clear: Is the free version free or limited by a period of free to use, like pure as a sample 14 days? 

Edited by Dutch2

The free version will not expire, you can use it indefinitely.

It is just that some of more advanced features (like the online-debriefing), will simply be disabled after 21-days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Vyrtuoz. I recently bought a copy of Tacview 1.7.5 and have a question about it...Is it possible to record data from the Career Mode? so far I have tested the quick missions and it is possible to record data but for some reason its not possible to do it in career mode, the red record icon doesn't even appear.

By the way I'm using version 3.011b or the sim.

PD: It works great with X-Plane 11.32!

Edited by Sudkan

Hello Sudkan,

I finally had the time to test and the data recording is working fine for me with IL2 3.012 in single mission as well as in career mode.

I launched the default Russian carrier and when I press LEFT.CTRL+R, I can see a little red camera in the top right corner of my screen.

As soon as I end the flight, I can see a valid acmi file generated in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Tracks\

Maybe IL-2 crashed during your flight and was not able to generate a valid acmi file? Is there any track file generated for your flight too?

Hi Vyrtuoz, I think that I found a reason for the issue that I was experiencing:

1-If you install Tacview and you already started a career the recording isn't going to work (no little red camera, at least for me).

2-If you have Tacview already installed and start a career from zero, Tacview is going to work without any issue.

For now, i already installed Tacview 1.7.6, and started a new career, without any issues for now.

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

That said, this is strange because you do not need to have Tacview installed to record IL-2 flights… Maybe that was a bug in IL-2 which has been quickly fixed.

Anyway, I am glad that everything is working fine for you now.