Sign in to follow this  
Tom25briklebritt

IL-2 1943 bombs not exploding?

Sorry for this stupid question, but when I drop the bombs, the are not exploding. Bombs are ready to go and set correctly. Is there a limit to the diving angle or speed?

There is a minimum altitude but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

I had no issues with bombs on the Po-2 yesterday. I haven't flown the IL-2 since the new patch came out...

try setting the bomb fuse timer to more than 5 seconds. I saw reports from some users that it fixes the issue with the non-exploding bombs.

10 minutes ago, Tom25briklebritt said:

Sorry for this stupid question, but when I drop the bombs, the are not exploding. Bombs are ready to go and set correctly. Is there a limit to the diving angle or speed?

i use 5s fuze delay on vvs bombs and no problem from any alt then

Like mentioned, set fuse to 5 sec, it will make bombs go off no matter how low you drop them. Makes aiming for moving targets harder though.

Or, perhaps, some new bomb (un)reliability has been introduced in 3.009.

Did you all checked if the bombs are armed (fuse)? Because I noticed with the P47's starting procedure the bomb fuse is set

automatically to armed and you cannot unarm the bombs on the P47.

On other planes like the PE2 for example you can unarm and arm the bomb fuses as you like. I always unarm the bombs when

taxiing and takeoff, just before reaching the ingress waypoint I usually arm the bomb fuses - I said usually because it happened

that I forgot to arm them before I dropped them and was very puzzled to only see the impact of them, but without going off!!!

5 seconds delay is the low altitude setting for VVS bombs.  Dropping bombs below ~100 meters will cause failure to detonate on other settings.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

46 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

I always unarm the bombs when

taxiing and takeoff, just before reaching the ingress waypoint I usually arm the bomb fuses

But only out of love for proper procedure, right? The real-life reason why bombs have fuses in the first place does not apply to the game... or does it?

9 minutes ago, danielprates said:

But only out of love for proper procedure, right? The real-life reason why bombs have fuses in the first place does not apply to the game... or does it?

Yes, you got me! I do it for the sake of my starting procedure / checklist. But, if you have an accident on the runway and your bombs are save, then

it will definitely alter your chance of survival, because the bombs will then not go off..... well, but perhaps your fuel tanks instead.

But to answer your question - the fuses work as they should in the game. If your bombs are not armed, then they won't go off.

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

But to answer your question - the fuses work as they should in the game. If your bombs are not armed, then they won't go off.

Oh for sure. I was thinking more along the lines of: will they prevent detonation in a collision if the fuse is off?

I tested and with timer set to 5 sec, my bombs are exploding.

"100 meters will cause failure to detonate on other settings" .. have not tested it, but will do 😉

Thanks!

I noticed the same, non expoloding bombs (Po-2). I'll try with this 5 sec.

Last night I had two bombs out of four explode, flying the U-2VS. All aimed at a train from treetop height with timer set to 5 seconds. Most odd.

Edited by 216th_Cat