BlackSix

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban" - Discussion

@Gambit21 This A-20 campaign is a masterpiece. Very immersive, indeed. Even I as mainly a virtual fighter pilot had a lot of fun flying bombers.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Love the atmospherics you have created here and beautiful use of the map. Only thing that prevents me playing more is the inability of the game engine to compress time. I simply cannot spend 30 mins just waiting to get to the action so frustrating. Anyway many thanks for this and hopefully one day I will get to fly it all if the devs can ever introduce meaningful time compression!       

On 1/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, KPnutskgwanchos said:

Love the atmospherics you have created here and beautiful use of the map. Only thing that prevents me playing more is the inability of the game engine to compress time. I simply cannot spend 30 mins just waiting to get to the action so frustrating. Anyway many thanks for this and hopefully one day I will get to fly it all if the devs can ever introduce meaningful time compression!       

Thank you.

I understand, but if getting to the action is the only desire then the QMB is more suitable for you...or another campaign with bases closer to the action. ;)

Aside from just blowing things up, the campaign is also designed for the guy who enjoys the act of flying, as I stated long ago. This is why so much time was put into this aspect of the campaign. 

It’s best enjoyed by someone who can set aside 50 minutes to an hour plus to really sink their teeth into the experience. Thus time accelerating to the target area would frankly be pointless - just fire up the QMB.

The Hell Hawks campaign is the same way. Pilots had to actually spend time getting to the target, and the flying aspect is just as much of a focus in the new campaign (with plenty of blowing things up along the way)

All that said nobody understands demands in time better than me, I haven’t actually flown for fun in several years now - no time.

Hi,

On mission 3 I am able to drop only 4 bombs out of 12. Then I am stuck with 8 bombs.
Switching to "Bombing View" with V key and pressing the "Open" and "Drop" buttons do not help.
What am I doing wrong?

On 1/23/2020 at 7:19 PM, Gambit21 said:

Thank you.

I understand, but if getting to the action is the only desire then the QMB is more suitable for you...or another campaign with bases closer to the action. ;)

Aside from just blowing things up, the campaign is also designed for the guy who enjoys the act of flying, as I stated long ago. This is why so much time was put into this aspect of the campaign. 

It’s best enjoyed by someone who can set aside 50 minutes to an hour plus to really sink their teeth into the experience. Thus time accelerating to the target area would frankly be pointless - just fire up the QMB.

The Hell Hawks campaign is the same way. Pilots had to actually spend time getting to the target, and the flying aspect is just as much of a focus in the new campaign (with plenty of blowing things up along the way)

All that said nobody understands demands in time better than me, I haven’t actually flown for fun in several years now - no time.

Thanks for reply Gambit... Fully understand what you are saying. No criticism of your fine effort here intended. I do know what you mean regards the immersive nature of doing the flying.  Something very satisfying about formation flying in the Havoc. It would be good for the game to give you the choice on jump to action or just speeding up one leg etc. Ironically it means I would play the game more often as I could be confident of enjoying shorter slots... For example between the kids going in the bath and then drying their hair 🙄😜🤣

Lol - I raised twin girls. I can relate.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Gambit .... quick question ... Mission Number 4 ... Moving to new Airfield ... Tried a few times and getting problems such that I cant finish the mission.

1. Trucks in the way on the taxi way to take off
  2. Lead aircraft ... the one taxying in front of me ..... gets to runway taxis half way down it then stops for good (checking back half way thru mission it was taxying in circles) 
  3. Two other A20s do take off but end up endlessly circling a town half way down the route
  4. I get no target opportunities
  5. I land on my own as destination but mission does not trigger completed

Any Ideas?

2 hours ago, KPnutskgwanchos said:

Hi Gambit .... quick question ... Mission Number 4 ... Moving to new Airfield ... Tried a few times and getting problems such that I cant finish the mission.

1. Trucks in the way on the taxi way to take off
  2. Lead aircraft ... the one taxying in front of me ..... gets to runway taxis half way down it then stops for good (checking back half way thru mission it was taxying in circles) 
  3. Two other A20s do take off but end up endlessly circling a town half way down the route
  4. I get no target opportunities
  5. I land on my own as destination but mission does not trigger completed

Any Ideas?

Some bug/s that have suddenly cropped up perhaps. Before I look into it, are you running any mods?

Not running any Mods no .... let me try one more time .... perhaps I should try waiting with the leader half way down the runway to see if he takes off when the other 2 A20s taxi out .... as I say tho the immediate issue is the trucks moving on the taxi way which the lead A20 crashes thru without any obvious damage altho on the second attempt one of the trucks caught fire .....

Ok - this is the first report of this. I’ll fire it up later and take a look.

9 hours ago, KPnutskgwanchos said:

Trucks in the way on the taxi way to take off

Yep I can confirm that. It looks like Lead taxied through them (optical illusion with icons on). Wondered how #2 was going to get around me to line up on the runway.

HOK01.thumb.jpg.20620914adadcb393eb22df070412717.jpg

I taxied around the vehicles on the infield grass. Probably should have waited for #2 to pass me. But I didn't.

HOK02.thumb.jpg.c7bc833f0184c6d6416fc261c850e0fe.jpg

9 hours ago, KPnutskgwanchos said:
  • Lead aircraft ... the one taxying in front of me ..... gets to runway taxis half way down it then stops for good (checking back half way thru mission it was taxying in circles) 
  • Two other A20s do take off but end up endlessly circling a town half way down the route

Lead does taxi pretty far down the runway and stop. I stopped on the right side of the runway (in line with Lead) not far past the threshold with what I thought was plenty of room for #2 to get around me. Numbers 2 and 4 stopped as if they couldn't get around me. Finally I took off (triggering that I announced I was ready for takeoff in the process). Numbers 2 and 4 taxied up to Lead and they all promptly took off.

The mission went well (as expected?) with the exception the AI would not land.  After multiple missed approaches I ended the sortie with the mission complete.

HOK03.thumb.jpg.485449bb4d327e27d92103611f341a26.jpg

This campaign is very entertaining. I like flying the A-20 at low level.

Edited by busdriver
  • Thanks 1

Generous of you to test busrdriver - thank you.

After checking, there is nothing wrong with the mission logic (which I'm not surprised at, it's been working for a year now) so some odd/new vehicle logic (under the hood) but that I didn't see in beta for some reason. Offending vehicles deleted, that's the only fix I have time for.

Landing issue was wind at 4 mps, set wind to 0.

Mission working again...fix will be posted ASAP.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KPnutskgwanchos said:

Brilliant work chaps! .... I will get on it this evening .... much appreciated

The fixed mission will not appear until the devs post an update.