BlackSix

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban" - Discussion

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban"

havoc_over_kuban_P1Apapn.jpg.4ccb248ce169302cb6e6c3debab7ddeb.jpg

This historically inspired single-player campaign is set during mid to late 1942 on the Caucasus Front, after the capture of Rostov-on-Don on July 23rd by German forces. The bold thrust by Germany's Army Group A, the 17th Army, as well as several other units, including German mountain divisions continued toward the lower Don regions and the Caucasus. The ultimate goal being the Russian oil fields at Maikop, Baku and Azerbaijan.

You will fly the A-20B Boston, or "Havoc" in the #2 slot as a replacement pilot in "Eagle Squadron", a unit specializing in risky, but effective low-level supply interdiction as well as anti-shipping on the Black Sea. The leader of your unit knows the region well, every peak and valley, and takes full advantage of his knowledge of the terrain as he takes you under his wing and leads you and the rest of his "Eagles" northward, over the snow-capped mountains, and over the Black Sea to thwart the German advance.

Time frame: Sept 3rd, 1942 - Oct 27th, 1942
Regiment: Fictional
Available Aircraft: A-20B
Duration: 16 missions
Mission Duration: 30 to 80 minutes
Average total playtime: 12 hours

Author:  =Gambit21=

This campaign requires IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban.

01.thumb.jpg.0ee06c8657a54a32a879baf46a75e88e.jpg02.thumb.jpg.f9c43464ad68e4953f63edd6da3163b9.jpg03.thumb.jpg.bfa5d5716fb5b510dfeffce2c254d6f8.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.9acd44126eb0bdac063d179df3c7109e.jpg05.thumb.jpg.6709a6a16de14a08a7d3748749965d0e.jpg06.thumb.jpg.0dd8a0d38b408af07a94d730b73943c0.jpg

Buy the campaign in our store

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

So far into the second mission and looks great.

Finally some mission with startup and taxing combined with naval objectives....very nice job Gambit!

Gambit's done a great job on this campaign and I encourage folks who enjoy flying the A-20 to really check this out. There are some great missions in here!

• Like 1

I will not have time to fly this campaign before Christmas but I have bought it. I loved the sea dragon campaign by Black six and I really recommend people to try out bomber ground pounder campaigns. I will when things calm down in sales donate 5 of this campaign to people not affording to buy it or would not buy it for other reasons. And hope for future similar campaigns. Go Gambit and Blacksix to me you guys make all the difference. I know how much energy you guys put into these campaigns

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LuseKofte said:

I will not have time to fly this campaign before Christmas but I have bought it. I loved the sea dragon campaign by Black six and I really recommend people to try out bomber ground pounder campaigns. I will when things calm down in sales donate 5 of this campaign to people not affording to buy it or would not buy it for other reasons. And hope for future similar campaigns. Go Gambit and Blacksix to me you guys make all the difference. I know how much energy you guys put into these campaigns

I loved the Sea Dragons campaign as well, it was the first flying I did after a long break, the first flying with my VR headset. However, once I reached mission 7 (I think, maybe it was 6 or 8), there was a lot of stuff going on and my performance in VR dropped to a state that it was unplayable for me, so I didn't continue. I fear the same might happen with this one, otherwise it would be a sure buy for me.

• Like 1

Well sir I gift you one   It sounds like you are my first customer 😁 

Edit: Done  you should have the key now

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 1

Fantastic cinematic trailer, this campaign looks so interesting. Flying through valleys and attacking shipping... - What's not to like!

Gambit, congrats on having your great work published! Wishing you a well-deserved Christmas holiday! 

• Thanks 1

Between the two campaigns and the U2 it looks like my BOBP and TC fund is about to get wiped out again 😀.

This campaign looks awesome

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

Well sir I gift you one   It sounds like you are my first customer 😁 

Edit: Done  you should have the key now

Very lovely from you. Many thanks!! 🙂 Now I just hope my processor is going to manage the whole campaign this time 🙉

Just bought!

Great job, Gambit. I'm low on money, so the U-2 should wait till next year, but this campaign will keep me busy in the meantime 😁

Fazer.

5 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Gambit's done a great job on this campaign and I encourage folks who enjoy flying the A-20 to really check this out. There are some great missions in here!

Agreed - and - a pretty cool trailer from you as well....:cool:

• Thanks 1

Makes such a nice difference when the Head dude calls you by your first name and doesn't want to stamp your head into the mud. Lovin it. Attacking stuff really does get in the way of enjoying the beautiful views though..... 

….. might have to gift unreasonable a copy...….but then again...

3 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Now we wait Gambit to thank us for thanking and praising him! 😂

You guys are great - thank you.

Glad it’s being enjoyed finally - it was a long road...don’t ask how many hours.

In the end it’s about enriching the content of the product and growing it. In a few years we should have a nice collection of scripted campaigns, both official and otherwise.

I’ll paste my release notes from the other thread here later when I’m not on my phone, and when the power comes back on from this wind storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

You guys are great - thank you.

Glad it’s being enjoyed finally - it was a long road...don’t ask how many hours.

In the end it’s about enriching the content of the product and growing it. In a few years we should have a nice collection of scripted campaigns, both official and otherwise.

I’ll paste my release notes from the other thread here later when I’m not on my phone, and when the power comes back on from this wind storm.

Ah, you must on the Or. or Wa. coast.  Thanks again finished the 2nd mission last night and received a few holes on the 2nd mission not sure from AA or flying debris from boat exploding as I was little low on my release over the target, there was a very bright flash behind me,  but made it back to base.  Thanks for campaign it is fun.:drinks:

Thank You Gambit and all the others involved for this campaign. Your effort is highly appriciated. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!😀🍻

3 hours ago, Taxman said:

Ah, you must on the Or. or Wa. coast.  Thanks again finished the 2nd mission last night and received a few holes on the 2nd mission not sure from AA or flying debris from boat exploding as I was little low on my release over the target, there was a very bright flash behind me,  but made it back to base.  Thanks for campaign it is fun.:drinks:

yeah, he's in Oregon.

I beta tested it for him and really enjoyed helping iron it out, bought it too, want to see if the AI improvements in last patch make a difference. 

Cheers Gambit

Edited by 392FS_Hoss

Release notes.

1. The campaign is designed to be flown with Icons OFF for maximum immersion.

Way-points are present only so that the AI flight leader flies where he's supposed to, rather than for player reference.

Eagle Lead grew up in the area and knows it well, for this reason you may notice that way-points might deviate slightly from the basic, simple flight route  out on the mission map.

Don't worry about this, or report as a bug. It's just your flight lead going "seat of the pants" a bit based on his knowledge and to avoid most of the enemy fighters in the area.

Your reference is your flight lead - follow him and his instructions.

If you get lost or need some help, then by all means flip on the Icons for a moment, but please understand that you'll get the most out of this campaign with Icons off.

Icons give you "spoilers" as to what's coming up ahead, etc.

2. You'll notice that your bomb load-out is sometimes different than the rest of the flight.

This is because AI will only execute dive/low level attacks with an external load. Therefore because of the nature of this campaign, they will always have external bombs, even if the ideal (and your aircraft) is outfitted with internal bombs.

3. Mission logic is based on the flight lead, and timing etc is triggered according to his aircraft.

If for some reason he crashes during an attack, mission logic will not progress properly. There will be no "form up, let's go home" message etc.

This never happened during testing, but with the AI under constant development, and with so many playing the missions now, the possibility exists of this happening to

some of you at some point. (maybe logic changes temporarily with a build and the AI crash into low hills for instance) If so, please report here.

If this occurs you can simply ignore, fly back to base on your own and progress to the next mission, or re-fly.\

Finally - enjoy!

Best Regards

Gambit21

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, 392FS_Hoss said:

yeah, he's in Oregon.

I beta tested it for him and really enjoyed helping iron it out, bought it too, want to see if the AI improvements in last patch make a difference. 

Cheers Gambit

Washington state actually - and thanks again for all your help!

There were a couple of other testers, including No 105_Swoose who was also invaluable as were you.

9 hours ago, Freycinet said:

Fantastic cinematic trailer, this campaign looks so interesting. Flying through valleys and attacking shipping... - What's not to like!

Gambit, congrats on having your great work published! Wishing you a well-deserved Christmas holiday! 

Thanks!

Shammy did a fantastic job on that trailer.

• Thanks 1

Flew the first mission earlier today.   Got home with a bent prop on number 2 (damn trees), but still gave Jerry a bloody nose. 

Gambit, are you sure you are not a BltizPig?  This is our kind of flying.  Max (or nearly so) bomb load, on the deck and in your face.  👍

Great job sir.

51 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Flew the first mission earlier today.   Got home with a bent prop on number 2 (damn trees), but still gave Jerry a bloody nose. 

Gambit, are you sure you are not a BltizPig?  This is our kind of flying.  Max (or nearly so) bomb load, on the deck and in your face.  👍

Great job sir.

Glad you're enjoying it.

That's how the A-20 (and ground attack) should be flown.

Low and in your face.

If your crew chief isn't pulling fir needles and leaves out of your engine, you're not doing it right. ;)

• Upvote 1

just flew thw second missipn yesterday, the setting, the whole morning startup was amazingly immersive... Than on my first dive on a tatget an AAA riped apart my A20s left side, and in the first time in my IL2 career the plane managed to limp home (tho almost kissed a mountain side while doing so) with a single engine.  Greatest 45 minutes I had in SP thus far!

• Upvote 3

On 12/21/2018 at 3:16 AM, Gambit21 said:

Thanks!

Shammy did a fantastic job on that trailer.

BTW, Gambit, do you have this book? - It is a really good read. Amazing range of aircraft Heinemann designed!

https://www.abebooks.com/9780870217975/Heinemann-Combat-Aircraft-Designer-Edward-0870217976/plp

Edited by Freycinet

First of all: Congratulations @Gambit21 for seeing your campaign published :salute:

I will not be able to fly it for sometime due to rl but I always take some pleasure to read the intro of the campaigns and of the first mission before starting them, and I did exactly this for both yours and Blacksix campaign 😁 

From the tone I really long to finally try it.

Just a note: it looked to me that in the first mission briefing "Tuapse" is spelled incorrectly, maybe give it a check if it needs some spell check.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help me I bought 3 scripted campaigns all of them say Keys now activated yet i go into IL2 Stalingrad and Moscow and can see the scripted Campaigns but all are still locked and I can not open them for love or money can anyone help? Am I doing something wrong? I have the keys and proof of pymt on the IL2 website

2 hours ago, Shihanshihan64 said:

Can anyone help me I bought 3 scripted campaigns all of them say Keys now activated yet i go into IL2 Stalingrad and Moscow and can see the scripted Campaigns but all are still locked and I can not open them for love or money can anyone help? Am I doing something wrong? I have the keys and proof of pymt on the IL2 website

You might need to own kuban.

Edit.  It would appear you only need kuban for Gambit campaign so in theory everything else should work with what you own.

Regards

Edited by Haza
Kuban

Can you play the first mission? You have to play them in order to unlock further missions if thats what your're asking 

the Campaigns I bought were 10 days of Autumn Fortress on the Volga and Blazing Steppes below is proof of my purchase and they are activated I only blacked out the actual keys for security purposes otherwise its exactly as shown

keys.jpg

Field ops no I can not unlock any of them they all have a padlock on them can not even play the first mission only can play the games that are standard with the game, but the other campaigns i bought can not be opened