BlackSix

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban" - Discussion

Thanks El.

Truck on the taxi-way will likely cause the 'runway busy' message.

I'll fix that.

Posted (edited)

Just had another crash, just like last time and in about the same place. The flight leader and the rest of the flight disapeared and about few minutes later the game CTD, seconds before it crashed I got the message, the convoy was at 12 O clock and to follow the flight leader.

Also after last weeks crash, I verified the game files with steam and it found 1 file that needed replacing. Checked the files again after the crash tonight and they are all OK this time.

Here's tonights dump file.

Il-2_exe.13260.zip

Edited by w00dy

G'day Gambit. FYI...On mission 5, Dawn Patrol - I too had the system crash - ran the mission twice and identical to w00dy - each time, same place, just as Eagle leader announced convoy at 12 O clock. Will just move on to mission 6. Didn't attach a zip file as it would just be a repeat of w00dy's. 

Beautiful scenery/graphics going over the mountains.

Love your work.

Same here, I experienced a ctd in mission 5 yesterday, same event (flight leader announcement). 

It was the first time I played it and did not try to re-run. Will continue to mission 6.

Well I tried Mission 5 again tonight after the update and it worked fine for me, so third time lucky for me :dance:

I have to say Gambit, I think it's the best bomber mission I have ever played to date, I even taxied the plane after landing and parked it and I have never felt the need to do that before.

So now I can move on to mission 6.

18 minutes ago, w00dy said:

Well I tried Mission 5 again tonight after the update and it worked fine for me, so third time lucky for me :dance:

I have to say Gambit, I think it's the best bomber mission I have ever played to date, I even taxied the plane after landing and parked it and I have never felt the need to do that before.

So now I can move on to mission 6.

Pretty sure Han nailed the fix yesterday, but didn't want to say anything until some results came in.

Good job Han and the boys.

Probably still an errant vehicle causing landing clearance problems here and there, I'll nail those as I find them or reports come in.

In any case, glad you're having fun...makes all the time worth it. :)

6 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I have purchased this wonderful campaign  when it first came out...how do I update it? Thanks!

Should update automatically

Re-ran mission 5 after the update and it went smoothly.

Thanks a lot Gambit for this excellent campaign. The attention to detail is top notch and I can understand easily how many hours it took to make all actors to work together! Overall immersion is great, and flying as a wingman of a capable leader is a real plus!

Looking forward to discovering the remaining 10 missions.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello guys, tried mission 5 again tonight and completed it, all is well, no CTD on this occasion. ;)

Thank you very much for the fix, really appreciated. :drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

This is really a cool campaign and I don't want to be a complainer.  I am sure writing something so complex and getting it perfect must be difficult.  A couple weeks ago I had a CTD 3 times like others have reported at the point where the enemy supply column was spotted.  After recently hearing others were able to get past that point, I ran it again and also got past that point.  After attacking on several passes and depleting my bombs I was about to leave and it CTD.  I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of spare time and haven't read how to create an error report, but I thought you would want to know that there is still a problem  This is the only time I have ever had a CTD with BOX.

On the plus side, I totally respect the work you guys have done and support all of your projects.  VR flying in a WWII plane is fantastic and it's really cool to see other people who love the aircraft like I do.  Thanks to all of you for the great work!

On 3/12/2019 at 3:24 AM, Schmehl said:

This is really a cool campaign and I don't want to be a complainer.  I am sure writing something so complex and getting it perfect must be difficult.  A couple weeks ago I had a CTD 3 times like others have reported at the point where the enemy supply column was spotted.  After recently hearing others were able to get past that point, I ran it again and also got past that point.  After attacking on several passes and depleting my bombs I was about to leave and it CTD.  I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of spare time and haven't read how to create an error report, but I thought you would want to know that there is still a problem  This is the only time I have ever had a CTD with BOX.

On the plus side, I totally respect the work you guys have done and support all of your projects.  VR flying in a WWII plane is fantastic and it's really cool to see other people who love the aircraft like I do.  Thanks to all of you for the great work!

Run the "enable error reporting" script in your BoX/data folder

Then after a crash run the "ViewCrashDumps.cmd"

You will then get a file that you can zip up and PM me.

These help the Devs hugely in tracking down what is causing the crash.

Posted (edited)

Well I'm enjoying this campaign so much and especially with the taxiing at the start of the missions, I have gone  and ordered some rudder pedals. Before starting this campaign taxiing never  interested me in this game, now I feel the need to do it, even after landing I feel the need to taxi and park the plane :)

Edited by w00dy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, w00dy said:

Well I'm enjoying this campaign so much and especially with the taxiing at the start of the missions, I have gone  and ordered some rudder pedals. Before starting this campaign taxiing never  interested me in this game, now I feel the need to do it, even after landing I feel the need to taxi and park the plane :)

:good:

Now I am definitely going to have to grab this campaign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, w00dy said:

I'm glad to hear you say this...this is what I'm after.

Basically the act of flying being just as important as any combat that might occur - a lot of time went into this aspect, and that's my audience for this piece of work.

• Thanks 1