BlackSix

Scripted Campaign "Havoc over the Kuban" - Discussion

Yes, I grabbed it (but haven't tried it yet) because it looks brilliant and seems like the very best reason to try out a bomber.

Just finished 1st mission, went ok, but when we got back to base the other 6 Havoc just continued to circle, I eventually peeled off and landed but 20 minutes later the rest are still circling! A lone fighter has just landed, taxied and parked up in the same spot as me and damaged both of us 😫

Posted (edited)

That’s a first - I’ll look into it later.

Fixed - thanks Zappa.

Not sure when the fixed mission will get uploaded/replaced in the campaign.

Might have to wait for an update...I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by Gambit21

Well done, that was quick, glad I mentioned it - thought it might have been something I’d done or not done at a crucial point in the mission 👍

Hello Gambit, I have also had the CTD in the mission over the mountains, I think this is the file you need not sure, could you please take a look.

Mediafire link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iabqbqf1njk5ors/Dump_file_for_Gambit.7z/file

Flown it twice now and it goes down just as the convoy attack is due to begin, also had the other reported issue of lead dropping his bombs soon after take off.

Those mountains are nice, not quite the Owen Stanley Range though.:lol:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Missionbug, that's the file I need - thank you!

Also, which mission did the leader dumb his bombs after take-off...was this mission 6 also?

Hello Gambit, glad I got the correct file, hope it helps.:drinks:

Now I have actually used that process and found the correct file will it be necessary to activate it again if I have another issue or does it now work automatically for any CTD because I have used it once?

As for lead dropping his bombs you have already dealt with it here:

One other issue that seems to recur in various campaigns and did again in the mission I had the CTD is that I seem to have to take to the air before lead to make everyone move, usually I park as close to his side as possible, however, could it be I am not quite in position and this upsets the mission logic, or am I just impatient to get airborne?

Hi Gambit, I'm working my way through this excellent campaign and really loving it - thanks for all of your hard work.  I haven't had the CTD on any of the missions; they have all run flawlessly. 

A couple of things that I have noticed, the loadouts on my plane often doesn't include external 4x FAB-250 bombs, but the AI always carry them. I've got wise to it now and add them for myself, but it's a bit odd especially when the briefing states that we're not taking a heavy load. Also, when returning to Adler the ATC are always waving off the AI by saying that the runway is busy, even when it isn't. I've tried parking in several different places across the field (assuming that I'm causing this) but it makes no difference. There are a few spelling errors in the briefings - 'Taupse' for 'Tuapse' and 'site' for 'sight' but I can live with those - I blame the vodka my flight leader insists on drinking before every sortie! :drink2:

Edit @Missionbug. I find that quite often the leader taxys halfway down the runway before waiting for permission to take off, which is strange behaviour. He won't go until I'm in position but I approach at a roll which sets him going and gives me an extra bit of oomph to deal with the shortened runway.

Edited by 216th_Cat

4 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Edit @Missionbug. I find that quite often the leader taxys halfway down the runway before waiting for permission to take off, which is strange behaviour. He won't go until I'm in position but I approach at a roll which sets him going and gives me an extra bit of oomph to deal with the shortened runway.

Okay, I will give that a try in future, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Edited by Missionbug

6 hours ago, Missionbug said:

One other issue that seems to recur in various campaigns and did again in the mission I had the CTD is that I seem to have to take to the air before lead to make everyone move, usually I park as close to his side as possible, however, could it be I am not quite in position and this upsets the mission logic, or am I just impatient to get airborne?

Hey Pete, make sure you get close enough to lead.

He wont' move until you're in position, along with the rest of the flight.

6 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

Hi Gambit, I'm working my way through this excellent campaign and really loving it - thanks for all of your hard work.  I haven't had the CTD on any of the missions; they have all run flawlessly. 

A couple of things that I have noticed, the loadouts on my plane often doesn't include external 4x FAB-250 bombs, but the AI always carry them. I've got wise to it now and add them for myself, but it's a bit odd especially when the briefing states that we're not taking a heavy load. Also, when returning to Adler the ATC are always waving off the AI by saying that the runway is busy, even when it isn't. I've tried parking in several different places across the field (assuming that I'm causing this) but it makes no difference. There are a few spelling errors in the briefings - 'Taupse' for 'Tuapse' and 'site' for 'sight' but I can live with those - I blame the vodka my flight leader insists on drinking before every sortie! :drink2:

Thanks for the further feedback - much appreciated.

I'm glad you guys are having fun - makes the whole endeavor worth it.

As far as loadouts, what you're seeing is intentional and has to do with AI limitations.

From my release notes on the first page (I'll have Black Six include this in his "green" post)

2. You'll notice that your bomb load-out is sometimes different than the rest of the flight.

This is because AI will only execute dive/low level attacks with an external load. Therefore because of the nature of this campaign, they will always have external bombs, even if the ideal (and your aircraft) is outfitted with internal bombs.

As far as AI/runway clearance - can you specify a mission? It makes it easier to test on my end.

Might be a vehicle too close to the runway.

6 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Now I have actually used that process and found the correct file will it be necessary to activate it again if I have another issue or does it now work automatically for any CTD because I have used it once?

You just run the "vew crash dumps" every time.

You'll see past dump files in there as well with dates. I keep it cleaned out so that don't have a bunch in there.

I posted the dump in the beta forum.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

As far as loadouts, what you're seeing is intentional and has to do with AI limitations.

From my release notes on the first page (I'll have Black Six include this in his "green" post)

2. You'll notice that your bomb load-out is sometimes different than the rest of the flight.

This is because AI will only execute dive/low level attacks with an external load. Therefore because of the nature of this campaign, they will always have external bombs, even if the ideal (and your aircraft) is outfitted with internal bombs.

As far as AI/runway clearance - can you specify a mission? It makes it easier to test on my end.

Might be a vehicle too close to the runway.

Mission 12 was the most recent one to feature the 'busy' runway. There have been trucks driving about when I've come in to land recently.

I'd forgotten about that on the release notes, my bad; it doesn't matter anyway as I always take the big bombs as well, and as for the AI only dive/low level attacking with external bombs they don't get much of a chance. As soon as the leader says that he is 'setting up an attack pattern' I'm away and in there wiping stuff out before he gets a look-in. I managed to sink the sub before he'd called it out! Confused him somewhat :biggrin:. I'm gambling with the flak rather than letting him show where it is but haven't been shot down since mission 2 so have a charmed life so far. :dance:

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat

3 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

You just run the "vew crash dumps" every time.

You'll see past dump files in there as well with dates. I keep it cleaned out so that don't have a bunch in there.

I posted the dump in the beta forum.

Okay, thank you very much, really appreciated.:salute:

I see some have made it past the mission I am having issues with so are those like me who have this problem now stuck there until the issue can be fully identified and a fix issued by the development team or is there a way to carry on?

Once again as I think you forgot to clarify above (or I missed it) we're talking mission 6 correct?

In any case I have the logic set in each mission so that as soon as you take off the mission is "successful" and you can move on to the next mission.

I just double checked mission 6 to make sure the logic was set appropriately.

Edited by Gambit21

Hello Gambit, the mission is No5 Dawn Patrol, we cross the mountains and attempt to hit a column on the other side, the mission crashed before we actually engaged the target and when I load the game again the only missions named are those up to and including No5,  the list there after has no names so I assumed because we did not hit the target then I cannot progress and would have to play again,  in some campaigns it is possible though, so the reason for asking was for clarification as to what point the mission is a success.

You indicate once I took off I should be able to move on even if the mission is not a success but as I have pointed out all entries after five are not named and I did not want to attempt to load just in case it made the rest of the campaign unusable.

I usually play my game using normal settings so icons were on and I do not use full engine management just in case that makes a difference, never has in previous campaigns but you might have set the logic to exclude some things.

Hope that helps.

I be home in a little over a week .

I have 4 more of this campaign to buy and give away. Just PM me if you want it.

Personally I prefer to give it to someone not affording t buy it, but I will ask no one and no one have to explain anything. Just need to get a pm from you and the 4 first will own it.

I cannot do it form La Gomera, so it will be a little over a week before I can gift.

• Upvote 2

Finally been home long enough to play the first 2 missions. I don't usually fly twins so I did a few practice runs on QMB first.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 missions and looking forward to more of the same. Twas a real pleasure to fly against shipping without being blown out of the sky. Got home albeit with a lot of flack damage.

Well done Gambit, may all your camels be blessed with two humps.

• Like 1

Just bought this as I'm loving the A20 so much and these days I'm more into single player so anything with a historical slant gets my vote.

I'll give it a whirl tonight in VR and see how it goes.

Thanks Gambit for your time and effort in enhancing this great sim even further.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:12 AM, Missionbug said:

Hello Gambit, the mission is No5 Dawn Patrol, we cross the mountains and attempt to hit a column on the other side, the mission crashed before we actually engaged the target

Have the same problem, game crashing in that mission after we fly past the surrounded Soviet troops on the ground and the leader announces that the convoy is spotted.

Hey Arthur - l’ll report again in the beta forum. I know flying that long and getting a CTD is a drag.

Only some get the crash - not sure why yet. I’ll see if I can get it to crash later myself.

• Thanks 1

Just tested - no crash.

Which is consistent with test results - however as I said earlier in the thread I got a CTC on misson 01. a while back which was a first.

So the fact that I didn't get a crash is good on one hand, but disappointing on another because I want a crash dump file to post in the beta forum.

Please click on the "enable error reporting" file in your BoS "data" folder.

Then if you get a crash, click on the "view Crash Dumps.cmd" in data.

This will show you the dump file that you can pass along to me.

This will help the team track down the cause of the crash...I've only received one thus far since release so any others would be helpful.

2019_2_8__0_49_5.jpg

Bought it yesterday, but after the latest patch all of the three scripted campaigns appear like this in the GUI:

2019_2_8__8_22_55.jpg

I've reinstalled the game due to stutters I was getting after the hotfix. Not only my framerates got smooth, but also the crash in Mission 5 Dawn Patrol was gone😃

And yeah, the campaign is awesome!

Bought it one week ago cause i heard its fantastic!

Cant play it at the moment having same issue as jcomm

Edited by Yankee_One

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Bought it yesterday, but after the latest patch all of the three scripted campaigns appear like this in the GUI:

2019_2_8__8_22_55.jpg

We'll fix it soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello again guys, sorry to have to report same CTD, same place, same mission.:(

I give up on this campaign, it has had far too many attempts, not going there again.

All the best, Pete.

Can you post the dump file please?

That will help those guys.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Can you post the dump file please?

That will help those guys.

Nothing has changed my side since the last dump file I sent you apart from the recent game updates.

I flew the mission again one last time, turned off everything in JGSME and flew with Hud off , still same outcome.

I give up.

Pete.