Sign in to follow this  
Tom25briklebritt

Need your help - pressed F10 and cannot reset view

I pressed F10 when in cockpit. I use TrackIR and now my pilots head is saved in wrong position. Please tell me how to reset view to standard? Cannot get it. Please help.

I made the mistake of hitting F10 while in a Bf-109G-4 and it put my nose right up against the gunsight.I went to snapviews /defaults as recommended but can't figure out what to do next AND there isn't today's date in the list for 'last modified.Can you give me a hint how to sit back in my seat? Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I made the mistake of hitting F10 while in a Bf-109G-4 and it put my nose right up against the gunsight.I went to snapviews /defaults as recommended but can't figure out what to do next AND there isn't today's date in the list for 'last modified.Can you give me a hint how to sit back in my seat? Thanks!

For head trackers:

All you need to do is position yourself again where you  want the default to be and then hit F10 again to save a new default position.

What I do is zoom in on gun sight where I want it set (with the correct position up/ and down/left&right/ forward and back), then zoom out (keeping that position) and save with f10. This centers the default on the gun sight.

If its in an awkward position to start with you may need to do this 2x to get it right. 1st time to get in roughly right and 2nd time to get it exactly where you want it.

Non head trackers:

If you are using snap views F10 saves the position for the current snap view you have selected, so if you then select the snap you want to alter and then use mouse and keyboard movements to adjust that snapview position and then save with F10.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

1 hour ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

For head trackers:

All you need to do is position yourself again where you  want the default to be and then hit F10 again to save a new default position.

What I do is zoom in on gun sight where I want it set (with the correct position up/ and down/left&right/ forward and back), then zoom out (keeping that position) and save with f10. This centers the default on the gun sight.

If its in an awkward position to start with you may need to do this 2x to get it right. 1st time to get in roughly right and 2nd time to get it exactly where you want it.

Non head trackers:

If you are using snap views F10 saves the position for the current snap view you have selected, so if you then select the snap you want to alter and then use mouse and keyboard movements to adjust that snapview position and then save with F10.

I'm using VR so that might change things .Perhaps i should do re-positioning with VR off?Do I do up down & back -front with the mouse?

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

I'm using VR so that might change things .Perhaps i should do re-positioning with VR off?Do I do up down & back -front with the mouse?

ya as I don't use vr so I can't advise , but you can def do without vr enabled to set default position.

Mouse default is x,y coord head movement, and up/down/forward/back/left /right uses keyboard (check bindings for what to use) under setting/key mappings/pilot head control.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

In VR do the same like trackir.

Set head position where you want it to be and press f10.

Suggestions worked lie oa charm-thanks guys &have a great Christmas & New Year!!

XMASTC.jpg

And to avoid this in the future, rebind that from F10 to something like RightAlt + F10. Muck more unlikely to press it by mistake.