Jump to content

Need your help - pressed F10 and cannot reset view


Recommended Posts

I made the mistake of hitting F10 while in a Bf-109G-4 and it put my nose right up against the gunsight.I went to snapviews /defaults as recommended but can't figure out what to do next AND there isn't today's date in the list for 'last modified.Can you give me a hint how to sit back in my seat? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

I made the mistake of hitting F10 while in a Bf-109G-4 and it put my nose right up against the gunsight.I went to snapviews /defaults as recommended but can't figure out what to do next AND there isn't today's date in the list for 'last modified.Can you give me a hint how to sit back in my seat? Thanks!

 

For head trackers:

All you need to do is position yourself again where you  want the default to be and then hit F10 again to save a new default position.

 

What I do is zoom in on gun sight where I want it set (with the correct position up/ and down/left&right/ forward and back), then zoom out (keeping that position) and save with f10. This centers the default on the gun sight.

 

If its in an awkward position to start with you may need to do this 2x to get it right. 1st time to get in roughly right and 2nd time to get it exactly where you want it.

 

Non head trackers:

If you are using snap views F10 saves the position for the current snap view you have selected, so if you then select the snap you want to alter and then use mouse and keyboard movements to adjust that snapview position and then save with F10.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

 

For head trackers:

All you need to do is position yourself again where you  want the default to be and then hit F10 again to save a new default position.

 

What I do is zoom in on gun sight where I want it set (with the correct position up/ and down/left&right/ forward and back), then zoom out (keeping that position) and save with f10. This centers the default on the gun sight.

 

If its in an awkward position to start with you may need to do this 2x to get it right. 1st time to get in roughly right and 2nd time to get it exactly where you want it.

 

Non head trackers:

If you are using snap views F10 saves the position for the current snap view you have selected, so if you then select the snap you want to alter and then use mouse and keyboard movements to adjust that snapview position and then save with F10.

I'm using VR so that might change things .Perhaps i should do re-positioning with VR off?Do I do up down & back -front with the mouse?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

I'm using VR so that might change things .Perhaps i should do re-positioning with VR off?Do I do up down & back -front with the mouse?


ya as I don't use vr so I can't advise , but you can def do without vr enabled to set default position.

 

Mouse default is x,y coord head movement, and up/down/forward/back/left /right uses keyboard (check bindings for what to use) under setting/key mappings/pilot head control.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...