Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik Campaign (Bf-109 G-2)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the campaign!

I'm not very good or experienced with WW2 sims and I'm a bit overwhelmed in mission 3. It's just me and my wingman against 8 enemy fighters. I would appreciate tips on tactics. Am I supposed to wait until they are close to the airbase so I get help with AAA or something like that? Or maybe this campaign is just too difficult for me at the moment :)

8 hours ago, cuervo111 said:

Thanks for sharing the campaign!

I'm not very good or experienced with WW2 sims and I'm a bit overwhelmed in mission 3. It's just me and my wingman against 8 enemy fighters. I would appreciate tips on tactics. Am I supposed to wait until they are close to the airbase so I get help with AAA or something like that? Or maybe this campaign is just too difficult for me at the moment :)

You can finish the mission without shooting down any enemy planes. All you have to do to complete the mission is to land back at your airfield.

I would suggest to attack only one of the enemy flights, if you do it correctly the second flight will not interfere.

You should use the same tactics Luftwaffe pilots used over Stalingrad:

- Only attack if you have a advantage in speed and altitude.

- Avoid prolonged turn fights.

- Make one firing pass, climb back to altitude and attack again.

- When you have lost your advantage, use the superior speed of the Bf-109 to get away.

The tactic is sometimes called "Boom and Zoom". You can find a good explanation here:

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Boom_%26_Zoom

Edited by Juri_JS