BlackSix

Historical Campaign "Fortress on the Volga" - Discussion

This was a lot of fun and the story before each mission added a great load av immersion. After reading the story I put on my Rift and I'm right there in my 109 with a background story, ready for take off.

Great missions with a lot of interesting fight going on.

Looking forward to your next campaign and I happily pay for it.

Na zdrowie

Thanks!

My next campaign will be devoted to the actions of the special IL-2 group (from 226th ShAD 8th Air Armу) in November - December 1942 as it was chosen by the community)

• Like 4

Outstanding campaign! Great fun dogfighting all those La-5s and Yak-1s for which basic armament of G-2 is sufficient, but I was getting more and more frustrated versus Il-2s and Pe-2s. With my single cannon-ed bird (the 7,9s aren't even worth mentioning versus these) I felt like trying to kill partially sedated boars with a sewing needle. 

Finally I arrived to the "KanonenBoot" mission yesterday and got a couple of those cement IL-2s with it - but sheer number of enemies is becoming daunting! Despite winning an aerial Kill to Death ratio, Reds are winning the numbers game nevertheless. Like somebody said: "The idea is not to outkill, but rather to outproduce them."

Hat's off BlackSix!

Thanks! I tried to show that Soviet aviation had an overwhelming numerical advantage all time, but their actions were ineffective and this situation persisted until the end of the war, apart from rare exceptions.

• Upvote 1

Hey BlackSix,

I just want to write while it's fresh on my mind.  Fortress Volga mission #3 is one of the most fun SP missions I have played.  What a hot mess! ...just the way I like it.  I've replayed it a few times just because I don't want it to be over with only two kills.  

(Here's what I like about it if feedback helps you:  Short commute to work.  Busy world, fog of war.  Different flights with different objectives.   Often, cool to see a real war on the ground.  Good challenge without playing the same exact dogfight over and over.)   

I haven't played Sea Dragons but your fighter campaigns rock.  Hope you're coming to Flying Circus soon.   

(And I like that you're working toward making the campaigns more replayable, like you said in the Stormbirds interview.)

Thanks,

Ceowulf<><

Thanks! The third mission was the most difficult, I've spent about three weeks to make and debug it))
Regarding
Flying Circus, I don’t know anything about WWI aviation and I've never been interested in this period. So I can't create any missions for FC but I've huge plans for the WWII aviation campaigns.

Black Six is the master of Campaign Making.  Two thumbs up! I love them! :good:

Just a tiny comment, I wish you reconsidered the possibility of having official campaigns with collector planes. :ph34r:

Keep making those campaigns and I'll keep buying them!   :)  For me they're quickly becoming the heart and soul of Great Battles.

Thanks, my next work will be official German campaign for the Tank Crew and then I plan to return and finish IL-2 campaign for BOS I announced last year.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Just finished. Excellent campaign BlackSix. Great THANKS!

Looking forward very much to your next WWII campaigns...