Han

Game version 3.009 discussion: U-2VS, Fortress on the Volga, Havoc over the Kuban

3 hours ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

Trying to squeeze in more functionality, new content, improvements and additions for you before the holidays, we've prepared another update 3.009. This time, the main feature of this update is the new content: Collector Plane, famous Soviet light bomber U-2VS which is developed in cooperation with "Ugra-Media" company. At the moment it can be used in QMB and multiplayer modes, but we'll add new Career mission types especially for it (Stalingrad and Kuban ToWs) next month.

There are two new scripted campaigns available. One made by =BlackSix= happens at Stalingrad after 'Blazing Steppe' and continues the story of the German pilot that started in '10 Days of Autumn' campaign, while another made by =Gambit21= is dedicated to A-20 squadron operating in the skies of Kuban.

News on 3.009 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 8

Hooray! Brilliant news. Thanks a million. A good Xmas is to be had by all. :biggrin:

:drinks:

Edit: U-2VS and Havoc Over the Kuban purchased! Good job I'm not going out tonight :salute:.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 2

Marvelous! Merry X-mas!

I already can see Arianne_Scharfi doing an Ace in a flight video 😉

_U2_3.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

17. It is now possible to lean to the gunsight closer than before on all aircraft;

^^^^^

what a welcomed surprise for our VR brethren!

• Upvote 5

Nice!

I just bought myself a U-2VS for christmas:)

And like the naughty boy I am, I will not wait until christmas eve to fly it. As soon as v3.009 download is complete...

Edited by Chopper
  • Upvote 2

cool update! any word on the other collector plane people are eagerly waiting for?

Edited by EpeeNoire
reduced passive-aggressiveness
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Nice!

I just bought myself a U-2VS for christmas:)

And like the naughty boy I am, I will not wait until christmas eve to fly it. As soon as v3.009 download is complete...

Very tempted myself to get it, whats she like?  few more days for pennies yet so asking out of curiosity cus i'll get her at some point lol

Excellent Job Guys! Thank you so much, 

The U2 is a great Christmas present! bought as fast as I could!

Edited by TG1_Nil

U-2 is overall such a fantastic model, superb modelling, superb skin details, superb FM and DM IMO. Also slow speed flying besides a train while shooting from the gunners seat... :cool:

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Impressive list of improvements. I'm kind of cold to the bi-plane honestly but I'll add it down the road as supporting the cause more than any real desire to fly it.

Nice update, very welcome to see that the timer issue has been solved (re-trigger in deactivated state).

Too bas that the corresponding counter issue remains unresolved (counter doesn't fire after reactivating when it has been triggered to threshold value while being deactivated).

:drinks:

Mike

19 hours ago, sparty72 said:

Very tempted myself to get it, whats she like?  few more days for pennies yet so asking out of curiosity cus i'll get her at some point lol

It is like a WW1 airplane.

Can`t see [edited] because there is wings everywhere.

Can barely take off and lift its own weight.

It is really slow.

It is really fragile.

The guy in the backseat looks semi retarded.

I love it!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
rule 7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Guys, thanks a lot for the update! But for heavens' sake, that XSolla crap is driving me nuts! WTF, it declined payments 3 times and now it says that there's additional security verification on my purchase! I will always try to purchase from your website, but you got to do something with this, otherwise I'd have to buy through steam.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

FC is getting better :)

fc.jpg

Love the wing-mounted gun. First time I fired it I wondered where the noise was coming from!

21 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Is this available now & installing thru Steam if so I'm not getting it.How else can i try to install? HELP!

Yes i'm down loading now on steam

Last night I was getting frustrated with Peshkas lauching rockets at an empty field in QMB.

This has now apparently been fixed, I hope those same PE-2s will now try to attack my airfield which will make the entire mission more interesting and rewarding.

Keep up the good work, devs!

Santa, you're early this year, about two weeks, d'oh! :lol:

Thank you dev team and all the other involved making IL2 better and better! :drinks:

I wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :fly:

Po-2.JPG

• Like 2

What a monumental month. From .7 to.9. Many thanks guys this is unbelievable. To celebrate i have bought both scripted campaigns (planned and budgeted) and the biplane (unplanned and unbudgeted)😀.... you deserve it. Blessed Christmas and new year and enjoy your vacation (i hope u get). You r number 1.