Sign in to follow this  
1984franco8445

CoD 5.0

Posted (edited)

Hello, when you say CoD 5, do you mean the release of Team Fusion Mod 5.0?
I had a long stop, I'm not updated and I love both CoD and TeamFusion
Thank you!

Edited by J4SCrisZeri

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, J4SCrisZeri said:

Hello, when you say CoD 5, do you mean the release of Team Fusion Mod 5.0?
I had a long stop, I'm not updated and I love both CoD and TeamFusion
Thank you!

Mod does not exist anymore. In december 2017 TF made a deal with 1C and got source code of CloD, this allowed them to take over a long abbandoned by maddox (probably publisher decision which was ubisoft) project and they are working on new expansion which is suppose to be Sands of Tobruk. People call it 5.0 but i think TF should actually drop that 5.0 thing, it makes people confused and then some think that they worked 6 years on this and are upset. Still thinks it's a mod, since TF 4,3 (?) was published in 2013 i think. Last patch was 4.5 that made this game to be released on steam and Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Like i said mod is gone and now this is semi-full project. Devs work in their own free time but thanks to the source code, they can do much more and expansion that will take place in africa is about to come. It's going to be a paid expansion and important one, sales will tell if TF will see it's worth to still support CloD and make more expansion.

Sands of Tobruk should be huge from what we know, a lot of new planes like Marlet, P40, Bf109F2, Dewoitine D520 and more, new map, bunch of new AI units including historical ships like Admiral Scheer will come too. A lot of fixes, AI improvments and campaigns for single player.

You can watch some video updates on their yt channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAC_-3uQhIEPUQ19RVNVhFg

Edited by InProgress
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, InProgress said:

Mod does not exist anymore. In december 2017 TF made a deal with 1C and got source code of CloD, this allowed them to take over a long abbandoned by maddox (probably publisher decision which was ubisoft) project and they are working on new expansion which is suppose to be Sands of Tobruk. People call it 5.0 but i think TF should actually drop that 5.0 thing, it makes people confused and then some think that they worked 6 years on this and are upset. Still thinks it's a mod, since TF 4,3 (?) was published in 2013 i think. Last patch was 4.5 that made this game to be released on steam and Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Like i said mod is gone and now this is semi-full project. Devs work in their own free time but thanks to the source code, they can do much more and expansion that will take place in africa is about to come. It's going to be a paid expansion and important one, sales will tell if TF will see it's worth to still support CloD and make more expansion.

Sands of Tobruk should be huge from what we know, a lot of new planes like Marlet, P40, Bf109F2, Dewoitine D520 and more, new map, bunch of new AI units including historical ships like Admiral Scheer will come too. A lot of fixes, AI improvments and campaigns for single player.

You can watch some video updates on their yt channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAC_-3uQhIEPUQ19RVNVhFg

So will sands of tobruk contain Clod or will it just be NA ? I'm confused now

1 hour ago, Herne said:

So will sands of tobruk contain Clod or will it just be NA ? I'm confused now

Tobruk is dlc for clod. So if you want to play it you will have to buy clod first. If you already have clod you can just buy it as dlc for your game. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, InProgress said:

Tobruk is dlc for clod. So if you want to play it you will have to buy clod first. If you already have clod you can just buy it as dlc for your game. 

Are any of the improvements retrospective though, like when BoK increased terrain draw distance this was done for BoS BoM and BoK along with Improvements to all map textures.

So things like the new UI improvements for instance, will that only be available to people who purchase sands of tobruk ?

1 minute ago, Herne said:

Are any of the improvements retrospective though, like when BoK increased terrain draw distance this was done for BoS BoM and BoK along with Improvements to all map textures.

So things like the new UI improvements for instance, will that only be available to people who purchase sands of tobruk ?

Yes, they said all stuff that improves and fixes game will be free. You can already see that in last patch, 4,53? Something like that. Don't remember numbers. Basically what you pay for will be map, new planes and assets for African theatre.

Some stuff that will be added to clod should be free (99% sure) like new ships etc. Don't know about fw190 should come after tobruk for clod. Should be free since they said they won't charge for single planes (I wanted ju52 as premium 😛 ) so unless they decide to make bigger channel dlc after Africa, should still get some bigger free stuff later on. But that's something buzzsaw should answer. 

Long story short, fixes and upgrades like new explosions etc. Will be free for maim game.

• Thanks 1