E69_geramos109

Bf109 3D cockpit model not accured

The in-game 109s'  frontal glass upper bar looks very similar to the following bar as viewed from this particular angle: here the pilot's "eyes" are strickly stuck on the ceiling of the canopy.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109-G-2-Black-6-IMG-576

(Image quoted from a previous post.)

Edited by wonders9

Would be cool to know from where this is from.

Also, do you mean that the bar in the game looks like from this particular angle in the photo,

therefore wrong?

11 hours ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Would be cool to know from where this is from.

Also, do you mean that the bar in the game looks like from this particular angle in the photo,

therefore wrong?

It is from Talon_'s second post in this thread.

Basically, yes. But in this argument one needs to put in the missing logical links himself.

Edited by wonders9

On 1/13/2019 at 3:39 AM, wonders9 said:

The in-game 109s'  frontal glass upper bar looks very similar to the following bar as viewed from this particular angle: here the pilot's "eyes" are strickly stuck on the ceiling of the canopy.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109-G-2-Black-6-IMG-576

(Image quoted from a previous post.)

Probably even out of the cockpit. You can see there is no metalic bar on the photo. Just the armored glass

9 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Probably even out of the cockpit. You can see there is no metalic bar on the photo. Just the armored glass

I think this is the metalic bar -- or, if missing, where it should be.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109-G-2-Black-6-IMG-57630.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ a separate post ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Among the images in Talon_'s first and second posts in this thread, there is this 109; but I suspect that this 109 is not using the original armour glass, since this piece of armour glass does not fit into its metalic frame (see the red lines in the second image below).

0020_Zirchow_Usedom_Messerschmitt_Bf_109

0020_Zirchow_Usedom_Messerschmitt_Bf_109_G-14_WNr_462707_Cockpit_Instrumentenbrett00.thumb.png.fc31bee927795c915e54a280a951e1ee.png

Bf2010920G-1420WNr20462707_2.png

Edited by wonders9

Bloody 3D artists they keep making these German "Bar" things to obscure the Vista :)

Honestly, DCS' K4 is modeled about the same. If sources state they are mostly like that I dont imagine we will see this changed. 

12 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Honestly, DCS' K4 is modeled about the same. If sources state they are mostly like that I dont imagine we will see this changed. 

No idea if is going to be changed. I sent Devs everything and sources are very clear. Still waiting some answer but i guess it will take some time go them to read the pm

On 1/28/2019 at 1:07 AM, Field-Ops said:

Emphasis on about. 

In DCS, the side bars of the cockpit front are way less obstructive than in IL2.

If one takes a closer look, it seems as if they are bent in IL2 to fit the upper windshield, whereas in DCS they look in line with the side windows.

I can‘t be completely sure without seeing both teams‘ sources, but  my guess would be that the DCS team got this one right. If it‘s possible to be less obstructive, then why be obstructive.

Edited by So_ein_Feuerball

On 1/27/2019 at 9:07 PM, Field-Ops said:

Edited by Panzer-uy
  • Thanks 1

I hate to revive this topic. ¿Devs are already aware of problem?