Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

Do guns in FC jam?

In RoF guns can & do jam and can be cleared with keystone ( reload I think...its been a while) I think but don’t know for sure without an ammo counter that I have had gun jams during QM combat. If that is true (if) how do I unfamiliar them? Is it possible now or will that be added ( along with visible empty expended cartridges ) at some later date.

Yes, guns "jam" (as in they can misfire) in FC and yes, you need to hit reload button to unjam them (left_alt + R by default i believe). It will automatically reload the jammed gun only, if you have more than one gun and it will also unjam both if both are jammed.

• Thanks 2

What do you expect to see if you unjam your gun?

The empty or not functional cartridge will be pulled from the chamber and goes it's usual way.

In a German Plane the empty cartridge will leave the mg14 parabellum on the underside and go into a storage bin.

The only thing to see is the usage of the reloader.

In FC guns can also overheat if your bursts are to long.

Edited by Darkowl
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

It will automatically reload the jammed gun only, if you have more than one gun and it will also unjam both if both are jammed.

Nice service, isn't it? ;)

:drinks:

Mike

Haven't looked at the German guns, but not seeing much from the twin Vickers in the Camel in the way of expended shells from the shell chute...

Funnily enough, for some reason in FC it takes me a while to notice the jams - usually it's when I only see the one tracer stream! 

On a side note, I think it'd be cool if there was some kind of percentage modifier to unjam the guns...would make fights a lot more tense if you had a double stoppage! 

P.S - I think the Camel's shells are in a blind spot

Edited by Larner
  • Upvote 1

Would be cool if there was a difference between jams and misfires. Misfires could be cleared using the cocking handle. Jams...you’d have to use a hammer (maybe modeled the same way the flare pistols are?) to knock those straight. 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, Blitzen said:

In RoF guns can & do jam and can be cleared with keystone

No, no, no.

Neither the guns in ROF nor Flying Circus jam - they misfire. There is a difference between jams and misfires.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 3

Any plans to include a Jam mechanic? Such a big part of air fighting in WW1 would be cool to see in-game...inherently trickier to implement than a misfire though, I imagine...

1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Where would he sit ? 

'Just can't get the staff, these days'