BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 53

I am still not able to update, deleted all files in directory updates, restart launcher_dbg but get this message everytime I tried: Estimated update size: 0 Mb; Update finished successfully; both progress bars are green/completed, game won't start.

Any ideas to solve problem?

I am still not able to update, deleted all files in directory updates, restart launcher_dbg but get this message everytime I tried: Estimated update size: 0 Mb; Update finished successfully; both progress bars are green/completed, game won't start.

Any ideas to solve problem?

Yes, just a little patience!

Update seems not available for everyone yet. They are working on it, that`s why the livestream is delayed.

Don't worry if you're not playing yet, it's okay (officially and technically). Stream goes live in 5-10 minutes.

Lovely show on Twitch: searchlights look just magnificent!

Ok, guessing the LaGG will last less than  a minute :-)

EDIT: Ah no, he maneuvers pretty well and the AAA still didn't get him...

Edited by Freycinet

Those searchlights look impressive. Beautifully done. They'll make life difficult for the VVS pilots for sure. The IL-2 also looks magnificent and all those load out options! I can hardly wait for the update. Well done guys. :salute:

Still no update...

I am not alone, thanks, I was almost get crazy

I think there are quite a few of us in the same situation

Oh, the waiting ............................... the waiting..................................................... update be here soon. :)

On the other hand we got one day extra to play around yesterday, so I call it even, and download tomorrow :D

• Upvote 1

[20:50:04] Checking for updates

[20:50:05] Failed to get latest version

Is it 20:00 GMT?  :huh:

Newermind! 

[20:52:01] Checking for updates

[20:52:02] Using default servers

[20:52:03] Started update

:biggrin:

Edited by Wandalen

For any testers - the new test version isn't the same as the new EA version but input files from yesterday are transferable.

Loving the il2 already, truly a sweet ride, well done team!

Good news in general. Nice to see the development going on... but...

> exhaust flames color now varies depending on the mixture saturation.

Is this cosmetic stuff more important than working gauges and trimmers etc.?

I hope that they do not get stuck to improve minor stuff but forget to fix the BASICS.

The planes are not ready, the MP is not ready, while really unimportant things get implemented?

Maybe they should revisit the priority list.

For several releases now I have just no interest to play that game longer than half a sortie...

So much of basics still missing and not to be added as it seems. Keep pushing, devs!

Ning ning ning they are not fixing the things want so i'll have a bleat here.

Point taken but!

Get over it mate they are all working their respective 'Butts off' so give them the respect and latitude to address what they want, in the order they want to achieve it.

Remember that this sim is about 40% complete and is running along very nicely so I for one am very happy that the updates come mainly weekly,

the devs are fastidious with regular communication keeping us in the loop with regards to what they are doing and plan next

Good work Team I for one am the proverbial 'happy camper' and say thanks and keep it coming.

Btw i've realised I will have to build a new computer (this ones 6 yr old and shows it) to be able to adequately play the sim when it reaches 100% finality

• Upvote 1

exhaust flames color now varies depending on the mixture saturation. It all depends on how you perceive it. To me this was an awesome addition it shows just how deep the attention to fidelity goes with this sim. Hooooaaaahhhh keep up the good work!!!!!!

Scientific modelling and simulation[edit]

In the fields of scientific modelling and simulation, fidelity refers to the degree to which a model or simulation reproduces the state and behaviour of a real world object, feature or condition. Fidelity is therefore a measure of the realism of a model or simulation.[1] Simulation fidelity has also been described in the past as "degree of similarity".[2]

There goes the record of the fresh live stream with Loft.

A VERY important situation update here, folks. Please, keep this in mind

ATTENTION: All input settings will be wiped with the up-coming update. Please, do NOT try to back up the recent configuration and replace the new one - reconfigure settings from scratch.

Something i want to suggest about this. I know now is the early access the games is not ready and all that so its ok to loose all the input settings i dont mind but will be hard when the game is done to have something like a data cloud like most of other games have to keep the player settings in their personal account.Why i am asking this...i will tell you from my experience from rof ,My father for example is a big fun of rof and il2 since both came out but he is not into computers a lot,He can do everything ok but because i set it up for him first,its pain in the ass for him to configure the game by him self and he is very annoying that he needs to do this again  after every update.

I dont know if it sounds very melodramatic but i have notice this problem with others...or even with my self that takes me a lot of amout of time to setup my settings again !

Btw good work with these spot lights very realistic

Edited by 5./JG54_rOEN911

Is there a way for 109 to terrorize Il2?  Meaning can anyone make a mission for me to shoot 'em down?

Paf, you have a knack for taking screenshots at just the right angle.  :good:

The Il2 is a fantastic ride, highly maneuverable in the horizontal and highly effective at destroying vehicles, like trucks or tanks. She is highly vulnerable to the big guns, but this is what I expected, that she would be best off not attempting to go after dug in guns, as Il2 casualties would likely be high. All and all, I think that the Il2 is a very fun ride. Speaking of fun rides, I spent some serious time with the LaGG-3, again. The LaGG-3 Series 29 is a very satisfying interceptor, not too mention my favorite ride in BOS, so far. All of the new content works great. The Il2 mission, with the entire flight of Il2s, is really cool. Thanks a lot for all of the neat stuff! :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA
  • Upvote 1

I didn't quite get if with the new update the access will be granted unlimited and not only at the weekend. Did I get that right that it was announced in the developer diary part 52 for this week?

So, what is that vertical thing on the nose of the IL-2? A backup gunsight?

Some (later, all) IL-2's had no internal gunsight and lined up a cross on the glass with that tower. It was found the internal gunsight caused serious head injuries or death during crash landings.

There goes the record of the fresh live stream with Loft.

Zak, very interesting video about the searchlights and thanks for showing those features of the lovely IL-2.

Clever thing,  that reargunner/mouse option, very practical :)

Some (later, all) IL-2's had no internal gunsight and lined up a cross on the glass with that tower. It was found the internal gunsight caused serious head injuries or death during crash landings.

Good that we do not suffer from that....

What a blast this update is. At 62, I'm probably the most uncoordinated gamer you will meet but I have fun. The 109 and Lagg were a real challenge for me to just land. I've probably made 2 0r 3 successful landings of the 109 and/or Lagg and I've been here since the beginning. The Il2 is a real treat. I took off and actually landed the first time. What a great plane.

This has been a thoroughly enjoyable alpha and if the release of the Il2 is any indication I'm really going to enjoy this sim.

Edited by skline00
  • Upvote 3

Anyone who wants to know what it was like to fly the IL2 during the war must read, 'Red Star Against The Swastika' by Vasily B Emelianenko...

To read about the initial horrendous losses inflicted on the Sturmovik units during Bararossa, where they had hardly any experienced air crew, or even understood the tactics required to use the plane effectively is quite sad, but the book takes you through to the end of the war and the use of the later types of IL2's as they evolved.

• Upvote 1