sfrayner

P-47 Engine Management

Is there an option select or deselect simplified engine management? I am trying to gain control of mixture, rpm, turbo, etc. without much luck. Thanks.

You can link prop to throttle with shift+I and turbine control to throttle with Alt+I. Mixture can normally be left at auto-rich/85% although going to 100% seems to give a slight performance boost at low altitude and maximum settings.
I just got approximately 13 minutes before engine failure sustaining 359mph IAS at sea level in a test flight on Kuban Autumn using the following settings:

Cowl flaps and oil cooler-Closed
Turbo and throttle-Maximum
Mixture: 100%
Propeller: 2550rpm/87%
Boost On

Edited by Rattlesnake

If you keep rpm under 2550 the timer extends greatly. Unfortunately doesn't seem to work like that for the emergency mode.

For some reason at the deck there is extra 2-3" of boost - a nice perk but it reduces timer. Keep the MP at 52" and it extends past 30m. At the 49" I just ran out of fuel.

More hints for the P-47D we have in the sim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

It sounds like he's asking if there is an in-game command to enable complex engine management in a server that is set to allow simplified engine management. 

Is that correct? 

Voyager: That is correct. I did find the setting I was looking for however. All of the responses here were useful and thanks to you all. I am trying to learn how to a Jug Head.

• Like 1