War Online:Pacific, new ww2 flight sim

https://store.steampowered.com/app/990060/War_Online_Pacific/

- pacific theatre

- japanese vs usa

-mmo

-free to play

ss_7607dbe7c458c255f6fc40a3576136997e3b8

ss_980fa286074eb86ee3ada16d1daf0f97ea348

Well - to me it looks a bit too cartoonish, if you ask me. Especially the cockpit views. And free-to-play? I don't like those games

because it ends up in pay-to-win. If you call it game, then OK. But combat flight simulation? Nah....

I'm from the old fraction and prefer to pay for something good. There is a German proverb saying:

"Was nichts kostet, ist auch nichts wert" - which means: "If it costs nothing, so it is nothing worth"

Edited by -IRRE-Therion
  • Like 1

. And free-to-play? I don't like those games because it ends up in pay-to-win

It's an mmo, so it's either this or monthly subscription, with FTP you don't have to pay anything to play the game.

There will be in-game currency 'war cash' which you earn in-game or purchase with real money - not pay-to-win, because you can earn it by playing if you wish so, so anyone can have the same things.

Edited by jesunx

3 minutes ago, jesunx said:

not pay-to-win, because you can earn it by playing if you wish so, so anyone can have the same things.

Yes and all those ones who are too lazy or have no ambition, but an good filled wallet will just buy everything.

So finally it is pay-to-win. It is just cosmetic to talk about "war cash".

That's my opinion and I do not intend to blame anyone.

2 minutes ago, Danziger said:

So it's war thunder minus everything but PTO? No thanks.

War thunder is room based 32 vs 32.

In this game hundreds of people play in same one arena untill war ends and new starts - think something like Tactical Air War server in IL-2

Edited by jesunx

Can I ask where you are getting your information on this game from, Jesunx? Because neither the Steam page nor the company's own website say anything about 'war cash', or about 'hundreds of people'. 

Just now, AndyJWest said:

Can I ask where you are getting your information on this game from, Jesunx? Because neither the Steam page nor the company's own website say anything about 'war cash', or about 'hundreds of people'. 

official forums of the developers who made their previous game

www.hitechcreations.com

Edited by jesunx

10 minutes ago, jesunx said:

www.hitechcreations.com

Can't find anything about the game there either. If this is from HiTech, can we assume that this is a rework of Aces High III? Because it was only 18 months ago that this was being pushed here, and it seems to have gone nowhere, judging by comments on their forum.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29506-aces-high-a-massive-multiplayer-ww2-flight-sim-goes-to-steam-greenlight/

If this is from HiTech, can we assume that this is a rework of Aces High III?

It seems like a rework of that game, things that differ are obviously free to play, and pacific usa vs japanase and not 3 sides fantasy war.

More info is yet to come.

Edited by jesunx
  • Haha 1

Hey, may I ask you one question? How many titles of IL2 Great Battles do you own? So we know, if you are competent...

To me, it seems that you are a promoter just spreading your news on all known and renowned forums.

34 minutes ago, jesunx said:

www.hitechcreations.com

And I just had a quick look at their homepage and saw some of their videos. The graphic engine reminds me

of the good old "Janes WWII Fighter", which was OK back then. But today??? Nah, no way to waste some disk

space for it, not even for fun if drunken...

3 minutes ago, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm said:

Are the Wildcats coming again?....

LOL 🤐

Hmm - if I think about this and compare those two fellows (profiles):

bugsix = jesunx ? Ahhh - you little clever chiseler... we've got you!

11 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

And I just had a quick look at their homepage and saw some of their videos. The graphic engine reminds me

of the good old "Janes WWII Fighter", which was OK back then. But today??? Nah, no way to waste some disk

space for it, not even for fun if drunken...

Gameplay > graphics

• Haha 1

Just now, jesunx said:

Gameplay > graphics

And as of now, we know precisely nothing about the gameplay. Or indeed, anything else much. I can see no reason to assume that this is anything more than an attempt to get the last bit of cash out of software that has failed to keep up with the times. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

And as of now, we know precisely nothing about the gameplay. Or indeed, anything else much. I can see no reason to assume that this is anything more than an attempt to get the last bit of cash out of software that has failed to keep up with the times. 

It costs nothing to try the game and play, I don't understand this reasoning.

If we had 5 new flight sims released every year, I would agree.

But there are literaly zero new flight sims released.

Edited by jesunx
  • Haha 1

If there was any evidence this was a 'new flight sim', that might be worth consideration. Instead, all we have is a recycled video of the Aces High III Wildcat, and a couple of web pages that tell us next to nothing. I get the distinct impression that even the developer doesn't think it is worth the effort.

Sure it might be a dud, but seeing as it is free to play I will surely give it a go when it launches.

• Haha 1

I played Aces High for years, don't expect much from this. It's sad because Aces High was a fantastic game at its peak, and I don't even think IL2 will ever find the massive multiplayer scale that AH was then. The developer there just doesn't know how to adapt to the modern market.

3 hours ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

bugsix = jesunx ? Ahhh - you little clever chiseler... we've got you!

I agree it definitely looks like a shill account, he joined only a few hours ago, doesn't have any ownership badges, and all his posts are in this thread.

Edited by =AVG77=Garven

S!

AH had back in the day events and other stuff that IL-2 can only dream of. Hundreds of players slugging it out in historical scenarios etc. You really were on your toes there! Shame that HTC has not been able to upgrade into 2018 and beyond, at least not yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Without wanting to be a buzz kill, I don't think it's going to be a brilliant flight simulator. 

I also think the number of players advertised is more like wishful thinking (maybe I'm wrong).
Even though I'm not a big fan of War Thunder anymore,

but I think this title will be still  better than that.  
Also, I still hope that the next expansion (or the one after that) of Il-2 will go to the Pacific itself, which would be a "new" Sim.

Edited by [KGv53]Big_Al_the_Allo

54 minutes ago, [KGv53]Big_Al_the_Allo said:

I also think the number of players advertised is more like wishful thinking (maybe I'm wrong)

When I first joined AH in 2008, there would be 500-700 people on at one time, in the same server. It was pretty insane, but those days are long gone.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, -IRRE-Therion said:

And free-to-play? I don't like those games

because it ends up in pay-to-win. If you call it game, then OK. But combat flight simulation? Nah....

Yo can have pay2win also in paid games, you know, kind of collector planes, etc ...

And regarding MMO, online is cool, but I love also having campaigns, the only MMO I play is Elite Dangerous, because there is no alternative with multiplayer and Campaign.

Edited by cercataa
  • Confused 1

Free2Play, but "fueled" with "War Cash".

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

omg....LOL. is this really the only alternative to the outdated IL-2/1946/Mods for the pacific theatre on the market?

what a shame....

This in 2019 by HiTech ... this guy really should quit buisness for he seems not to understand that competition advanced some 15 years ago. I had some feeling towards Warbirds and AH, but those games were relevant many many years ago. To release this today, what seems to be just a copy of AH3, is just showing how out of date and touch he is. 

How can anyone be so utterly out of touch that they think this abomination has any chance of success?

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2018 at 6:18 AM, jesunx said:

Sure it might be a dud, but seeing as it is free to play I will surely give it a go when it launches.

Go peddle this crap somewhere else.

10 active users on average ... not good for an MMO.

If I was an IL-2 veteran with hundreds of hours in the game, maybe I'd give it a try, but there is still so much IL-2 content pending for me, until 1 or 2 years I'll not try other WW2 flightsims

Edit: A friend that was bored tryed it, and he only said: BIG SHIT ☹️

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa