E69_Qpassa

Going back to TrackIr

Hello guys,

So, my Samsung Odyssey HMD left screen stopped working  (the lense or whatever) and, at the moment, I have shipped it to the seller to use the warranty. It's going to be 4-6 weeks minimum (not taking into acccont Christmas holidays) and I decided to fly using my good ol' Track Ir.

How we were able to fly with Track Ir? It feels so artificial, too easy to lose contacts, I have to be so far from the screen, more difficult to aim. The only positive thing I can say it's easier to check your 6.

Have you experienced this? Did you go back to the HMD? I am seriously thinking to not play again until I have my HMD repaired.

Regards

6 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa said:

Hello guys,

So, my Samsung Odyssey HMD left screen stopped working  (the lense or whatever) and, at the moment, I have shipped it to the seller to use the warranty. It's going to be 4-6 weeks minimum (not taking into acccont Christmas holidays) and I decided to fly using my good ol' Track Ir.

How we were able to fly with Track Ir? It feels so artificial, too easy to lose contacts, I have to be so far from the screen, more difficult to aim. The only positive thing I can say it's easier to check your 6.

Have you experienced this? Did you go back to the HMD? I am seriously thinking to not play again until I have my HMD repaired.

Regards

Last time I used my Track IR was the day before I got my Rift, back in Jan 2017.

I tried to just check it out once, could not do it.

• Haha 1

Many things are loved when they are gone...

In this case it is just a month. It will pass fast.

In the 4 months previous to have IL-2 in VR I decided to not play IL-2 until it was implemented (just to not waster the new missions in monitor).

VR was implemented in IL-2 at 11-April-2017:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36705-one-year-of-il-2-vr/

Edited by chiliwili69

I never tried trackir - im 56 year , I'm not a gamer and it's my first game ( except try a little warthunder before ) 

It's like I'm in my life have waited for VR - and will not play it without 

So far didn't went back from VR to Track IR. But for a short time i went from TrackIR back to "key controled views", it was a similar experience.

We just get quickly used to things that work well and feel weel. ;)

Never liked track IR, used it many years , better than snap views.

Bought VR, sold track IR next day.

Track IR advantage to check 6, VR advantage to shoot planes down (gunnery improved a lot with VR)

If flight sim has no VR, I am not playing it.

I use VR exclusively now but feel it is wise to keep my track IR as back up in the event the Rift was to fail,

before my Pimax HMD arrives.

You all do forget it not only the VR headset, but also the game must be made for VR in 3d.  But indeed in my case there is no way back to TrackIR5 nor to an non 3D-VR combatflysim. 

My TrackIR 5 is boxed up in the corner along with a pair of Nvidia 3D Vision glasses (the 24" 120hz screen is still a worthwhile asset), a TM T1600 (first edition) and a T150 driving wheel.

No regrets.

Edited by Boneboys