SP1969

Roll Call

I was interested in finding out who is actually playing this game and thought I may as well get the ball rolling.

I'm Stuart, retired, UK based, online a lot of the time GMT 11.00 - 23.00.

Ex RoF SE5a driver, currently flying whatever the opposition isn't.

Pleased to meet you all.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hi Stuart!

It's great to see people such as yourself already getting actively engaged in multiplayer. I hope you find others to fly with on most days, though I would also caution you not get discouraged if that isn't the case. For the most part Flying Circus is still (very) early access and there just aren't enough planetypes available yet to have compelling engagements beyond some (very) fast food dogfighting with the, um, SuperCamel. Hopefully that will change in the very near future with the release of the Western Front map, a couple more scouts and maybe an FM review of the Fokker Dr.I.

For now, if you want to get your fix, don't hesitate to drop by in RoF. It's about as active as it's been in years.

You will find people online on the NFF dogfighting servers on most nights.

There's also the Thursday fly-in on WarGrounds:

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/51030-join-us-103rd-and-jg1-flyin-thursday-evenings/

The Sunday Cuban Connection Vintage Mission (new topic every week, this one was last week's):

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/52900-sunday-vintage-mission-late-1917-battle-vendin-lifeline-dec9/

And a whole range of seasonal events such as Flanders in Flames, Bloody April and Black September:

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/52558-fif-2018-fall-campaign/

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/52101-black-september-iii-hosted-jasta-5/

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/51574-bloody-april-viii-campaign-mar-24-apr-28/

It may not be quite what you're looking for, but if nothing else you'll get to meet more people from the community who will one day make the transition to Flying Circus.

Take care for now and hope to see you in the skies!

• Thanks 1

Hey Stuart,

ZF here, North of the Border !

What do you fly as in RoF ? I've flown most days for the last 5 or 6 years. Hate the SE5 !

I'm not sure the dogfight servers (NFF) are quite as Bender says, the long slow decline continues in MP numbers. I regularly see all servers empty at what should be peak Euro and US times. But you still get up to a dozen if you're lucky. Very hit or miss these days. I find the barans.rof site invaluable for checking who's flying (on my phone) so I can decide if I'm going to boot up the computer. (Sorry cynicAI ;) ).

I've been flying as Apocalypse Dude lately so pop in for a scrap if you see me.

Salute !

29 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

I've been flying as Apocalypse Dude lately so pop in for a scrap if you see me.

Salute !

Appropriate name given the current status of RoF.

Hello! I’m a fellow Brit RoFer and testing the water in F.C. I’ll usually be on a few evenings a week after work.

generally I’ll be on Bergola and keep an eye out for people flying in the FC zones and then switch over. It’s still too early for busy dedicated servers but it’s not stopped me getting a taste for the amazing fun we have in store!

• Like 1

As Hellbender says, please do check out the events put on by J5 and JG1:  from what I have been told, it is likely that we will fly a Winter Flanders in Flames campaign after the start of the new year.  Currently on the last Fall FiF mission, every Saturday we get around 40+ people showing up at 7pm GMT for mission oriented gameplay.  It is really the best that RoF has to offer, and it is still a gorgeous and high fidelity sim in my opinion. 

Flying Circus will have its day...next year.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I'm more of a lurker only. I've downloaded the game in anticipation of how it will fill out.

I've been around some flight sims, such as RB3 and it's "add on" Hells Angels, Il2, ROF, OFF and some others. Most of the time I enjoy flying alone.

I have enjoyed watching the world of flight based around war grow. 

I can lovingly remember SWOTL, RB1, Aces over the Pacific/Europe and god only knows how many I have forgotten the names of.

WW1 and WW2 are my preference.

I'm from Australia.

• Like 1

To everyone that has replied so far - 'Hello!'

Hellbender - the EST times are a bit graveyard shift for me, but I will try to pop into the Sunday flight.

Thank you so very much for letting me know.

Zooropa - I love the SE and have done ever since I was a little boy and was given the Revell 1/72 plastic kit to build back in the 1970s.

I only wish my eyes were still good enough to have another go at it now!

Hello Stuart,

I'm Stephan and I think we have met a couple of times on Berloga.

My time is UTC +1 and my time frame is from 2100 to 2300 on weekdays.

I like to fly the Pfalz because she is very forgiving, but I usually end up flying a camel.

Hope to see you up in the sky again

Stephan

Heyo, another Brit RoF'er - but there was a mix-up and I was posted to a yankee unit!!! 

I've been really enjoying FC1 recently and have been appearing on it more and more, although I'm currently in the process of getting the 103rd's crates painted up, so I fly singleplayer a bit more often than MP. 

I think it'll be a little while before FC1 really picks up, but we and JG1 have been plotting the odd off-night from ROF to fly FC! 

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Tried to load up RoF earlier - in order to play at Cuban, but it suddenly dies after the black load game screen.

Am I alone in this?

I haven't purposely flown any Flying Circus multiplayer yet but I intend to join in at some point during the holidays if I have time. Definitely love the aircraft that we have so far although I'm partial to the Camel and the S.E.5.a!

Once again, hello to everyone!

I have met a few of you in the virtual sky - briefly, before the ground rushes up introduces itself and look forward to acting as a target drone for many more of you as this Sim progresses!

Just saying hello guys, so hello. 

Also UK based and happily retired, best job I have ever had.  Played ROF a long time ago before moving on to cliffs of Dover where I flew with ACG. This game became broken so moved onto the Russian front, not enjoying it so noticed flying circus.

Very new and hopeless but willing to learn and flying the Camel. I am using Oculus rift and looking for a good server, good company and a teamspeak channel. 

Hope to visit regularly but at the moment life is bumpy sorting out 88 year old parents so might be a bit hit and miss for a while.

Any pointers would be appreciated and hope to see you sometime.

Ron.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome aboard Ron! You're coming in at an exciting time for Flying Circus! While it's still very much in development, it is already showing a lot of potential! :)

Might as well add myself to the roll call. ;)

I'm a 23 year old college student from the great state of South Dakota! Working on wrapping up a major in History. I've been flying Rise of Flight since 2012, and have been privileged to be part of the fantastic JG1 squad since 2015. WW1 dogfighting is my first love, so when Flying Circus was first announced, I was super-excited! Took my first flight in it last night, and I think I'm dangerously close to being hooked lol! 

I currently fly once a week and livestream those flights on my Twitch channel. I also have a YouTube channel (linked below) where among other things, I'll be posting flight sim videos featuring Flying Circus in the future! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyP7X6aOIueuWkT9WBETK-g

Looking forward to entering the fray with you all! 😄

- Cole (JG1_Hotlead_J10 online)

Edited by JG1_Hotlead_J10

Hello you crate lovers, "fokkerfrei" here, maybe someone rembering, looking forward to FC as well, was flying around a bit but its hard to find even a server to fly at ...

Hope to see you in future ..., S!

Edited by I./ZG1_feuervogel
  • Upvote 1

S!

No much flying for me yet. Enjoying VR but waiting for immersion with maps and the ALBATROS... no flying without that. In the maean time I hope my work will lighten up so I can  fly a bit of Rof with Jasta 5 again!

J5_Rumey

Edited by J5_Rumey
  • Like 1

To all of you I saw in the sky tonight at the JG1 fly in.....that was a lot of fun, thank you!

• Like 1

Agree with SP1969, had a great time even though I pulled my wings off a number of times. Have to say JG1 considering how many pilots were on last night, flying from the UK I found the server very smooth and ran extremely well after the first few reboots.

Thanks.

Adding myself to the roll call! 

Hello! I'm Orion, I'm from the Pacific Northwest of the US, Washington State specifically. I've yet to buy Flying Circus due to financial struggles, being a college-aged poor man, but I do plan to get it hopefully beginning of January! Il-2 has been a blast so far for me however I am much bigger into WWI aircraft, so FC will end up being a huge time-sink for me.

I'd love to get into a Discord chat possibly, and learn a few new things about the game. I'd call myself very very newb right now, so any help is appreciated! Currently (trying to) fly the bf-109 F-4 :) 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OrionPlum said:

Adding myself to the roll call! 

Hello! I'm Orion, I'm from the Pacific Northwest of the US, Washington State specifically. I've yet to buy Flying Circus due to financial struggles, being a college-aged poor man, but I do plan to get it hopefully beginning of January! Il-2 has been a blast so far for me however I am much bigger into WWI aircraft, so FC will end up being a huge time-sink for me.

I'd love to get into a Discord chat possibly, and learn a few new things about the game. I'd call myself very very newb right now, so any help is appreciated! Currently (trying to) fly the bf-109 F-4 :) 

hi here is a discord for FC, 10 members feel free to join , im on most of the time, https://discord.gg/W9RV46p , it also has section for IL2 ww2, IL2 ww1 and DCS titles.

11 hours ago, GCF said:

hi here is a discord for FC, 10 members feel free to join , im on most of the time, https://discord.gg/W9RV46p , it also has section for IL2 ww2, IL2 ww1 and DCS titles.

Thanks! I joined in anticipation of trying out the MP servers!

1 hour ago, OrionPlum said:

Thanks! I joined in anticipation of trying out the MP servers!

hello online on discord now till late tomorrow morning, sorry had friend around earlier.

thanks for joining

I'll be at JG5 for a while (like in 5 minutes). Yesterday was good and I did not experience any lag, although it is in China as people say. It has fun maps.

And I thank the people who upload these missions for us. Even though right now it is intermittent (the servers go on and off without notice), we had like 8+ (IIRC) players yesterday at JG5, in general six, just because I dropped a word here in advance? Hotlead created a topic last week and we had almost 30 players for the whole afternoon?

It looks promising, especially when they drop the Flying Circus map.

Hi SeaWolf

Enjoyed our short scuffel on JG1 last night (Saturday)  you shot me down of course lol. Was due to leave server when you joined but hung around for a short time.  Salute!