tattywelshie

What PC do I need?

Back in the distant past I used to play the original IL2 and loved it! After years out of PC ownership (PS4 user....don't shoot me!) I feel the need to get a new PC and get back on the IL2 horse! So, my question is, to run IL2 at it's best graphic performance, what sort of PC should I be looking for? What specs do I need? I don't have a very big budget so would welcome suggestions on specs from you wise owls :) 

The good news is you don't need a super machine for 1080p. If you are running ridiculously high resolutions and settings then that may change.

1080p, high settting, Vsync 60fps on, no problem:

dual-core i3 6100 (single thread speed is the important thing here, this is one of the best cheap cost-effective processors for gaming)

Radeon RX460 2GB

4GB memory

SSD hard drive (important)

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

On pc there is no "best graphic performance" cuz there are multiple variants of usage. If you want the whole shebang using VR then at the very least Gf1070GTX is needed, Gf1080GTX preferred.

If you intend to run in 1080p at ultra graphic setting :

i5 class CPU (nevermind the generation)

Gf1050GTX or adequate ATi

6GB video memory

12 GB RAM memory

50GB HDD (SSD is much better)

Data needed for any recommendation:
- monitor resolution (size is not relevant);

- desired refresh rate/frame rate (and also if you want G-Sync or FreeSync);

- maximum budget for this PC (without monitor and without any peripherals - so just for the PC itself);

- if you want to use that PC for other games (and which) or for other things (if yes, then for what other things).

Edited by Seb71

5 hours ago, Mac_Messer said:

If you intend to run in 1080p at ultra graphic setting :

i5 class CPU (nevermind the generation)

Gf1050GTX or adequate ATi

6GB video memory

12 GB RAM memory

50GB HDD (SSD is much better)

This is nonsense. “i5 class” is meaningless; there are far too many variations. 6 GB GTX 1050 doesn’t even exist. ATI branding hasn’t existed for a long time now.

5 hours ago, Seb71 said:

Data needed for any recommendation:
- monitor resolution (size is not relevant);

- desired refresh rate/frame rate (and also if you want G-Sync or FreeSync);

- maximum budget for this PC (without monitor and without any peripherals - so just for the PC itself);

- if you want to use that PC for other games (and which) or for other things (if yes, then for what other things).

This is the correct answer.

If you dont use VR you really dont need super rig for smooth gameplay up to 1080p. Im using high settings (vsync on, fullscreen off, 1920x1200p, 4k textures, landsape 2X. gorizon ditsance 70Km, all other stuff med or high) and Im at 60FPS rocket solid (limit of my Dell IPS monitor). In nvidia CP settings texture filtering quality at Performance and power management at Prefer max performance. CPU is cheap but modern pentium G4560 (2cores, 4 virtual, HT ON in BIOS) at 3.5Ghz, nvidia 1060 3GB OC +15%, SSD  240GB, and 8 GB 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM (2X4GB - dual channel setup for pentium). MP is smooth for me (except netcode rarely goes wild but thats not because of my rig). Im using Edtracker PRO but TiR5 shouldnt use much more resources.

Dont waste your money if you dont use VR. Rather spend that money for virpil or VKB flying gear.

Edited by blackram