new P-47D22 or D28 Skins uploaded @ LockOnFiles.com (08/02 2020)

I am going remake my now 10 year old A2A P-47D skins,  those were the first WWII warbirds I made, here is the list: https://www.lockonfiles.com/files/category/338-a2a-p-47d/

this one is the only new one, still trying to find some more info for it, "topper" Lt Warren F Penny

WIP

Il-2_1028.jpg

Il-2_1030.jpg

Il-2_1031.jpg

Edited by Tom_Weiss
  • Like 7

I've finished preparing the metal, green and tan camouflage templates - they are all weathered

Il-2_1035.jpg

Il-2_1036.jpg

Il-2_1037.jpg

Il-2_1038.jpg

Il-2_1039.jpg

three skins are done - I'll do a couple or maybe three more and then release them.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hi Tom. Just a quick note about the Checkertail Yellow. The colour was more Orange-Yellow, the closest reference I could find to the colour is in Photoshop using the colour picker, the reference would be: f3a716

Lovely work as always, cheers, Mysticpuma

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

If only we had AI seaplanes and maybe some liaison bushplanes (L-2 thru L-5) - that would be a terrific campaign on the Normandy map!

@Gambit21 *nudge*

You had me at seaplanes  - talking my language there. Flyable please. 

L-2 is something I could have used in the Jug campaign as a spotter already.

• Upvote 1
  • Tom_Weiss changed the title to new P-47D22 or D28 Skins uploaded @ LockOnFiles.com (08/01 2020)
  • Tom_Weiss changed the title to new P-47D22 or D28 Skins uploaded @ LockOnFiles.com (08/02 2020)
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, Mysticpuma said:

I wonder when they decided to go paint free?

Basing on Essential Aircraft Identification Guide: Allied Fighters 1939-1945 by Chris Chant, they stopped using paint, when Germans started to lose and they did that also to reduce the weight and get some additional speed. Worth noting is that they were still painting the fuselage in front of the cockpit, so the sun would not blind the pilot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, GSP_Hund said:

I just read of the passing of our dear friend Tom_Weiss: 

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/11/10/tom-weiss-creator-of-lockonfiles-has-passed-away/

Not often I am shocked but this genuinely stopped me in my tracks. Absolutely gutted to read this, he was a true legend of the skinning world. Condolences to the family he really will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That s very sad to hear.

I didn t know that. I know his site and Tom made me skins. I don t know what to say, i am shocked.

Rest in peace Tom, we will miss you, condolences to his family.

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

He  is in my POV the best skinner you can find in the BoX scene. Guess the this P47 as posted above on 2aug is his last master piece for BoX. 

As it seems he is the owner and hosting the Lock-on website I think it is the best to download all skins, as who knows it will be shutdown. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Hey guys,

The links for the 36FG don't work on Tom's site anymore (God rest his soul). Does anyone them please?

Just tried (black and white nose P47?) works for me.