Sign in to follow this  
Olt_Kloetenburg

AA on airfields

Happened to me last week that I was chased by 6 Lagg-3 and 2 Mig-3. As I was damaged and I lost my whole flight in the extensive dogfight, I decided to push my Bf-109 to the limit and head home. 

They were still behind me when I finally reached Krasnodar, my base. At that moment I felt the need to have AA units on active airfields! 

as far as I know the AA gunnery was among the first things to be set up on a frontline airfield, on both sides. It happened quite often that enemy planes disturbed takeoff and landing, even more the simple presence of valuable aircraft attracted a lot of attackers. 

It would be very helpful and exciting to have fixed airfield AA for both sides. Right now I could chase a bomber formation right to their homebase without any danger as the airfields are totally unprotected.

Thank you a lot for this impressive piece of work. 

I see a general lack of AAA at the moment. I have ground activity setting at medium and base AAA on. 

I flew a good while today and saw almost

no AA. They did knock down my flight leader in one mission but there just isn’t much flak at all. Ground activity is set to medium. 

I have been looking for a solution but have not been able to come up with answer.  I've even gone into advance conf. into mission limits and changed use 10X flak: and use airfield MIG: from  0 to 1 through 5 with no seeming effect.  In the regular campaigns there is always good MIG and AAA converage,  I have been chased by as many as 3 enemy planes and I try to get them to follow me to my air base and if continue to fly very near or over my air base either MIG or AAA will knock out at least one and damage another.  

All AAA in PWCG is set to pop up based on proximity of enemy planes.  Please remember that when testing - you won't see the AAA unless an enemy aircraft is close enough to activate it.  One way to check is to open the mission in the ME and go to your airfield.  That will show you if AA units have been palced.

Thanks Pat,  they do show up however it is usually just 3 and MIG no flak guns.  I was just wondering.