raaaid

an idea for a long stick run in a short stick run via slider

i rememeber what brought me to the zoo was when the trim on a slider got delayed, well thinking about that ive just had an idea:

lets say the joystick has 5 cm run and the slider another 5

well as the old il2 implemented trim on a slider you would still get 5 cm run and all those complains about but turns which are actually factual for the tabs acting as servo

but my suggestion that can be done within the game or someone could design software to do it

when you move the slider fully 5 cm the plane stick moves 5cm but when besides you move the joystick 5 cm the plane stick moves another 5 cm

like that with 5 cm run you can get a more realistic 10 cm run, double precision

Edited by raaaid
  • Upvote 1

i always wonder why would anyone want a progresive throtle

i just need 90% when overheating 100% and zero

so i assign it to buttoms

i always wonder why would anyone want a progresive throtle

i just need 90% when overheating 100% and zero

so i assign it to buttoms

I wonder why anyone would not want a progessive throttle, why go back many years of progress? That to me would be like, why not just go back to a keyboard and mouse for controls...

yeah well forgive me i was too much thinking of me:

the part of the pilot glove which wears out the most is the one in contact with the elevator trim

i find gunnery easier with two elevator controls for each hand, maybe if you have it in one hand just use one brain hemisphere while if in two you use the two hemispheres

i thought every body thinks more important the elevator trim than the throtle but maybe its jut me and a few

edit:

well 1st forgive me for not posting this in the rof forum wheres being discussed but the trim makes it a whole new world

what i said its a a bad idea this is how i would implement a relistic stick:

i would make an extreme elevator curve with low sensitivity in the center and a NOT DELAYED ELEVATOR TRIM

like that if i have to shoot i center the trim and have a realistic low sensitivity run and if i have to turn i move the trim and have a low sensitivity realistic run as well

i mean the delay of the trim was such a mass histeria.. its like in a driving game you delay the wheel

yeah i can move a 720?

Edited by raaaid

So you are talking elevator response and trim, rather than throttle actions?

yeah i never mind throtle that much but two hands elevator control is a realistic must for me that due to nagging got lost

yeah i never mind throtle that much but two hands elevator control is a realistic must for me that due to nagging got lost

Well for me, I have a two handed HOTAS and much prefer it that way!

:)

In a real airplane with a trimmable stabilizer (German fighters, basically) you get the cumulative effect that you're talking about coupled with a (substantial) decrease in control effort.  The trick here is how fast you can run the trim back and forth.

Example: Messerschmitt rolls into turn, pilot pulls stick all the way back to the stop while dialing in nose up trim (lowering stab leading edge), reducing control force required to hold stick back at the same time increasing total nose up force (moment) while on up stop.

However, in a trim tab equipped aircraft things are VERY different.  To get the same cumulative trim/elevator effect (as above) the pilot needs to dial in nose DOWN trim (moving the trim tab in the same direction as the elevator), significantly increasing stick force but the additional nose up moment would be so little as to not be worth it, definately not if you weren't holding the elevator against the stop.  And that's the key, this would only help if you were already at full elevator travel.

In IL2 I believe all trims are essentially modeled like first example, trimmable horizontal stabilizers (THS).  And, of course, the question of stick force in game (a HUGE factor in RL) is almost nothing for FFB users and absolutely nothing to spring stick users.

ill be more clear:

the use of elevator trim to turn got named bat turn and declared unrealistic by a majority in the forum

they delayed the trim to plz the customers

fact: tabs have a servo effect by which is the onw wind force which makes the effort so with a force of grams you can hugely picth the plane at high speed as to get out of a dive for example

the error persists and we keep a delayed trim

how about delaying the stick? its reasonable for it weights hundreds of kg sometimes

oh no youre confusing it with the short stick run issue(advantage on my view) which i admit went pretty bad

i brought this servotabs effect up several times in the banana zoo and always been ignored, maybe its too technical

Edited by raaaid