9./JG54_GermanWolf

bf109 canopy eject

Please I am flying 109 and I have noticed among the German pilots, many ejecting the canopy and thus allowing a better vision, in my view a kind of cheating, since the airplane continues flying normally. I ask that the developers create something that prevents this. let's ruin this wonderful simulator
Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As you say, this is a wonderful simulator.  So wonderful it simulates what will likely happen if you decide to open the canopy in a real 109 while flying at high speed.

And yes, I freely admit I've ...*ahem*....ejected the canopy in the past.  Case in point!

Forgive my language in this video...I get a bit feisty in the thick of things... 

FYI - I do not view this as a "cheat"....I view it as a choice.   In the situations where I have done this,  I decided that having better vision was worth the trade off of the extra drag and slower speed resulting from my plane being somewhat less than optimally aerodynamic!  FYI - It's a dumb thing to do if you are using the 109 the way it's meant to be used (i.e. as an energy fighter in the vertical), but if you like a bit of a challenge and want to knife fight multiple Russian planes it's something to consider!

But by all means...put a restriction on it!   We wouldn't want this simulator to simulate too much!  At this rate, I'm sure we will be at War Thunder levels of "simulation" in no time!  :D

Edited by ATAG_Invictus

Really? C'mon, you don't need to post this three times. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Sad 1

Just delete it per:

9. Willful duplication of topics and excessive branching of topics is prohibited (i.e. placement of similar meaning posts and content). Before starting a new topic in a section, please use the search function to find similar posts. This will help make sure the subject you are interested in is easy to find by others. Topics that needlessly duplicate other discussions may be closed without notice and subsequently removed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 9./JG54_GermanWolf said:

Please I am flying 109 and I have noticed among the German pilots, many ejecting the canopy and thus allowing a better vision, in my view a kind of cheating, since the airplane continues flying normally. I ask that the developers create something that prevents this. let's ruin this wonderful simulator
Thank you.

Making the plane irreversibly slower than most of it's competition is a big enough penalty already... What do you want it to do, start spinning randomly? I really doubt the plane would react that way, plenty other fighters do have open cockpits and could fly normally.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Really? C'mon, you don't need to post this three times. 

Sorry, my bad.   I wasn't aware that GW posted this topic before.  If I had been aware I would not have responded. 

1 minute ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Making the plane irreversily slower than most of it's competition is a big enough penalty already... What do you want it to do, start spinning randomly? I really doubt the plane would react that way, plenty other fighters do have open cockpits and could fly normally.

Agreed.  GW is incorrect...the plane does not fly "normally" when you send the canopy flying away.  Your plane is slower and feels slightly less stable.....at least that's how it effects the E7, which is the only 109 I've tried this stunt in.

• Confused 1