Sign in to follow this  

I updated . But the launcher freezes . Tells me  please stand by loading but it never comes on  . Hangs up the PC   I believe it is a launcher problem. It went one time into tdhe game but then would not allow me on as it stated no internet. Which is false internet is working fine.  Now it. fails to launch at all.

When you say that you updated, do you mean you got the red update progress bar and then the red bar with "Play"?

When you started the game, did you get to the entry screen, and if you did get there, did you then click "Enter" or did you click "Offline". I once found that you need to click "Enter" the first time after an update and then you can click "Offline" the next time you start the game. This may have changed though.

In your game folder under /data, open startup.cfg in Notepad, scroll to the bottom and list what's in the [KEY = updater] section please. I had an issue awhile back where startup.cfg was getting corrupted for some reason and the updater section was one of the things getting corrupted. Now, I keep a backup around just in case but I haven't had the issue for quite awhile now.

Edited by JimTM

After the down load completed, the loading screen came  up. I clicked on play , it went to the IL2 Sturmovik page and says Loading Please Wait.  But that is were it stays  Hung UP. it will not enter into the game.