Han

Game version 3.008 discussion: Damage model update, fixes and improvements

You guys are crazy....goodūüėČ

i wanted to say nearly fubarūüėä

Didnt expect any update for a while. Great work, this is a fantastic team, #1.

Thank you for giving us a wonderful "game"

5 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Nope

Thank you for the clarification.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

2 hours ago, Haza said:

FlyingShark,

Hopefully this link below might be helpful if you are referring to a similar encounter/question that I raised!?

Therefore, I do not believe that the throttle has changed, although it would appear that there are two types, depending on whether you select gyro-guns sights or not and therefore perhaps you have not realized this level of detail, as i overlooked this as well.

Regards

Thank you for the clarification.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

46 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Has anyone been able to have a look and make similar tests with the infamous Pe2? 

Well, I don't know what is so infamous about the Peshka 2? It's a very nimble and nice bomber.

And finally, what do you want me to say? What do you want to hear? That I can shoot her down with 2-3 MK. 108 rounds?

Well then, I have to disappoint you - no, I couldn't. But I destroyed here with a few more shots. And man, did it look great!

The damage you do with your weapons - no matter what caliber - looks fantastic and far more detailed than before. And

you can judge much better, if this plane will make it home or not. That's another way to save your ammunition for another

target.

I did some tests in the QMB on the Lapino Summer map. Selected a wave of 3 Pe2 (all of them empty, but still watch out for

the rear gunner!) - all 3 went down and I didn't even run out of ammo. And of course I got hit some hits too, but actually

not fatal ones.

Cheers

P.S.: Although it was nice to test, I felt a little bit bad about it. Usually I fly them and like to hurt the Lufties... ;)

Edited by -IRRE-Therion
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JG700_Rammjager said:

After new patch game crashed sometimes  without any reason.

I've nothing changed on my machine or game settings. Sometimes game crashed to Win, sometimes to main menu.

Ramm.

Hello mate, your problem looks like bad downloaded patch. Try this - delete all files in update folder and update game again. Note - save all your settings first! 

15 hours ago, Darbz said:

Glad to see the updates, some good improvements in there.

Normally my game updates automagically when I start it up, but apparently not this time. I've tried starting through steam also but no joy. It keeps telling me I need to update and won't go past the black IL-2 loading screen. Anyone else having this issue?

The same like for Ramm ;)

Best regards and happy fighting.

Baron

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

Thank you very much for the update guys, really appreciated.:drinks:

The new British pilot model just looks so good, unfortunately to see him up close in all his glorious detail I had to be flying my parachute again.:lol:

And just WOW, that broken wooden Spitfire prop is just so awesome, I am starting to think things look better in game when they are shot to pieces.:blush:

Keep up the great work guys.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

In my opinion it looks much more realistic now, molotse devs!! 

I hit an inverted 109 with a 37mm HE shell into its engine block from below, while moving perpendicular. Instead of simply exploding and going Cuban cigar mode without wings, the structure held correctly, the engine basically lost all its assembly and the 109, engulfed, smoked steamed and seconds later burnt out of a felt dozens of scattered holes in its frontal fuselage and along the engine which grinded to a halt. 

I was amazed, 10/10 better than an aircraft simply going Cuban cigar without wings. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

In my opinion it looks much more realistic now, molotse devs!! 

I hit an inverted 109 with a 37mm HE shell into its engine block from below, while moving perpendicular. Instead of simply exploding and going Cuban cigar mode without wings, the structure held correctly, the engine basically lost all its assembly and the 109, engulfed, smoked steamed and seconds later burnt out of a felt dozens of scattered holes in its frontal fuselage and along the engine which grinded to a halt. 

I was amazed, 10/10 better than an aircraft simply going Cuban cigar without wings. 

Does the same happen to a Pe2 S.37 engine when you hit it with a MK108?

Happy to see the very much needed and long awaited damage model overhaul. The game has vastly been improved so thank you for that change! Though I would like to critique the high explosive damage is a touch underperforming at current. So I hope to see some tweaks to that in the near future.  Also looking forward to the very thorough damage testing videos that will soon release. ^_^

For those who have been suffering from the force feedback stutter bug for years. (like me) This is an unbelievably amazing update! Very glad to see this placed into the game. It was a real game ruiner running at 80 fps and unfixable lag when looking around, making combat impossible.

Maybe I lucked out, but my thrustmaster 16000m target software no longer works since the update. I can use my controls without the software running in game. But when the software is turned on the game does not register any input.   If I cannot get it working I will make a thread. 

3 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Does the same happen to a Pe2 S.37 engine when you hit it with a MK108?

Heck even with a mg 151/20. PE get shot down about the same as before maybe a little harder since you can't reeally shoot the wing off with 20mm easy. On the plus shooting the tail or wing off of your 109 with 1 hit from the gunner is also no longer a thing. Comes out even in my opinion

• Thanks 1

I haven't tested this yet, but looking forward to it. More sturdy wings mean less chance off slamming yourself in the ground after an AAA hit during divebomb attacks. 

Grt M

16 hours ago, Sunde said:

I really have to wonder if we are playing the same game! LOL

We are; maybe my message sounded exagereted, bacause it was!  But patches 3.005 and 3.006 really felt different regarding damage to Bfs 109/110 and Fws 190 with the following combinations:

1xShvak + 7.62 (Yak1s69)
1xShvak + 12.7 (Yak1b)
2x12.7 (MiG3) 

While Browning 0.50, Vya23, 2xShvak, and Hispano 20mm remained very deadly

Prior to those versions i mentioned,¬† i could¬†get an average 3 air kills per sortie on the servers with a Yak1B¬† (WOL/TAW) and 4ak or 5ak were not rare. Now the average is 1.5 sometimes using all your ammo on¬†a single 109 specially if you fly Yak1s69. So, something changed (call it VVS guns downgraded, LW planes more resistant, or netcode) or maybe, after 12 years flying il2¬† i¬†became a scrub all of a sudden in a two months period ūüėĄ¬†Which i doubt, all my squad mates from TAW and also friends from other red squads would give you the same feedback.

Also prior to those patches if you shot with 20mm+12.7mm at a 109 or FW flying straight from his 6 at point blank from 50/100m it would be 8 out of 10 an instant PK; now pilot kills under those circumstances are almost¬† non existent. I don¬īt mean this was right, but undoubtedly was different and it was ab it frustrating to get used to it after three years been different.

So botom line; probably current DM is correct and we have to get used to it. I really like this new 3.008 patch and devs are always making this sim better so cheers!

PS. There is still a bug of servers counting kills as double.

S!

• Upvote 1

Just now, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

S!

From what i can see that double count in in game chat and in game stats happends only when enemy airplane player bails out.

When hes killed in airplane or crash lands or crashes in ground and explods, kill count is not doubled.

I reported that here:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Panthera said:

Real happy about the British pilot skin, Spitfire looks the part now :)

Yes!!!

First the campaign and now this, thanks for the hard work your putting into Box dev's :salute:

And I look forward to seeing the British pilot.

Edited by w00dy

I'm having no trouble shooting down multiple aircraft, and wing spar failures still happen at plausible rates. I kindof miss 37mm AP rounds penetrating from the back of the aircraft through to the front though!

I'm noticing the 0.50 cals cut flaps and control surfaces off of He-111s really quickly though (could be a bug).

Honestly, I'd like to see it as an option to wear the oxygen mask whenever we wanted. It would be a useful tool for screenshots and movies without having to be at altitude for them to show up. They just look cool to me, almost like knight's helmet of old.

Edited by Rjel
Misquoted post. My comment stands as written.
  • Upvote 1

A whole host of good fixes here but I'm especially glad to hear the about the WW1 AI.  (Caveat:  I haven't tested - just responding to the areas adjusted.)  Thanks again Devs.

Ceowulf<>< 

• Like 1

Flew on Coconut's server last night and watched an A-20 being attacked, finally, after 4 of us attacked it, the guy spiralled down to the deck, when I checked the stat's this seemed a bit weird!

Look at the amount of damage the A-20 took and that no-one got the kill?

http://coconutside.eu:8080/en/sortie/log/62999/?tour=6

Witch

Edited by Black-Witch
  • Like 1

Liking the updates.  The sim progresses greatly in its development and I am awestruck after each update as to the new levels of detail being represented.

The new DM is a huge improvement but will take a little for people to adjust to in their combat endeavors.  Now if only I can work out lead in the P40 when dancing with 109 F2 and 4's.  Found it easier to do in the I16 and Mig 3

On 12/5/2018 at 7:02 AM, Yardstick said:

New toys are nice, but having all our toys improved is much better ūüėÄ

^ this.

• Upvote 2

While I'm pleased to see a more realistic damage model I do hope that when planes loose elevator's and/or ailerons it affects their turn/roll rate etc.

I'd also like to see a limit in G's, for bombs on wing racks, so attackers can't dogfight without loosing bombs/rockets.

Also a G limit for Gunners accuracy, as G goes up accuracy decreases.

Witch

" I'd also like to see a limit in G's, for bombs on wing racks, so attackers can't dogfight without loosing bombs/rockets. "

A great idea ... IL2 Classic when tweaked by the TD team actually had a sophisticated G limit model based on weight and external stores carriage.

• Like 1

Strength of Yak-7B wings is a misunderstanding. 50 hits from a single MG-151/20 (Bf-109) and do not fall off. I understand that the Yak-7B is a hard construction but not indestructible! Correct this because it spoils the gameplay.

11 minutes ago, ThomasCrownF1 said:

Strength of Yak-7B wings is a misunderstanding. 50 hits from a single MG-151/20 (Bf-109) and do not fall off. I understand that the Yak-7B is a hard construction but not indestructible! Correct this because it spoils the gameplay.

This seems like a 'bug' that needs fixing. Please make a video of it an post it in the bug-fixing subforums.

Thanks for all the great surprises, and the Spit IXe now looks so much better with the right chappy sitting in the cockpit ūüėĄ

So is it just me, or are those two large cranes located in the industrial complex at the South East of Vostochnyy Rayon new, or have I just not noticed them before? I was going to post a pic, but it was just way too late and also way to hot last night when I actually noticed (avoided hitting) them :P

To put it simple ‚Äď wings are no longer flying off, but the planes are still going down. Of course it was a lot more dramatic and ‚Äúcool‚ÄĚ before, but let‚Äôs not forget this is a sim so the more realistic it gets the better, it‚Äôs turn in a right direction in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think that making a major change in the game mechanics with a small patch and with explanation of 2 lines is not a good practice. They should explain why it had to change. What was wrong. On one hand it is obvious to me that there is a nerf in the performance of all guns, not just the german ones. Today I was shot at from close range by experienced pilots and instead of disintegrating I was able to continue the fight. It was odd I expected to have to bail out but nope, still flying in the 109. And vice versa a possibly lethal shot, very low degree of deflection perfect alignment with the 30 mm, and nothing :).

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 1

salve.... together.

With the update, the BK 3.7 against armored targets has become almost ineffective.
Will this be changed again?

I'm overall pleased with the updated DM, but the additional nerf to HE seems to have hit the MK108 30mm VERY hard, in stark contrast to the available data. Will need to test more but I will assume it is an unintentional side effect that will be corrected.

• Upvote 1

Update_freq = 0.5    to reduce stutter for MS FF2 users doesn't  work. I just tested it.   "keep the dream alive..."

• Sad 1

Thank you! Always most happy to see AI updates/fixes getting done!:good::) ...the other stuff is pretty good too! - thanks so much. :clapping:

This is a nice update and all but when is the really important stuff going to be taken care of, like bringing the tree up from under the floor?

tree.thumb.png.00d53f1745995b7187ab38336c0bf5a9.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

We are; maybe my message sounded exagereted, bacause it was!  But patches 3.005 and 3.006 really felt different regarding damage to Bfs 109/110 and Fws 190 with the following combinations:

1xShvak + 7.62 (Yak1s69)
1xShvak + 12.7 (Yak1b)
2x12.7 (MiG3) 

While Browning 0.50, Vya23, 2xShvak, and Hispano 20mm remained very deadly

Prior to those versions i mentioned,¬† i could¬†get an average 3 air kills per sortie on the servers with a Yak1B¬† (WOL/TAW) and 4ak or 5ak were not rare. Now the average is 1.5 sometimes using all your ammo on¬†a single 109 specially if you fly Yak1s69. So, something changed (call it VVS guns downgraded, LW planes more resistant, or netcode) or maybe, after 12 years flying il2¬† i¬†became a scrub all of a sudden in a two months period ūüėĄ¬†Which i doubt, all my squad mates from TAW and also friends from other red squads would give you the same feedback.

Also prior to those patches if you shot with 20mm+12.7mm at a 109 or FW flying straight from his 6 at point blank from 50/100m it would be 8 out of 10 an instant PK; now pilot kills under those circumstances are almost¬† non existent. I don¬īt mean this was right, but undoubtedly was different and it was ab it frustrating to get used to it after three years been different.

So botom line; probably current DM is correct and we have to get used to it. I really like this new 3.008 patch and devs are always making this sim better so cheers!

S!

I have to agree with you. Some paths ago the VVS Armament was very different. P2 gunner felt like one shot killer, A brust from behind was a Pilot Killed and the armament seemed a lot more effective. I was a big fan of mig 3 with the 2 BS guns becuase i got so many PKs and Burning planes with ease. Last paths were king of different. Devs said that nothing changed regarding to armament or DM so maybe other things like the Net code or whatever afected this change. 

As you can see is kind of frustrating when everyone feels that but you have no way to proove it and other people says that nothing happens and that everything is placebo. 

I am happy with the new way to model the DM. This consideration with How AP and HE affects the structure is way more realistic than before. 

For me the next step on the DM is to model how Minnengueschoss works (or whatever is written). Before we had really shit HE ammo, they changed it and was ovemodelled because you could ripp off wings like nothing and now I did not test too much but maybe 20mm looks ok but 30mm Mk108 Not. Lets see how it feels with more testing. 

S!

iam not happy with new Patch (DM and 20mm)

i want back the old Patch back...yes there is lower Wingcuts now, but the Planes going more to flying Tanks now.

are we all here your Beta Testers?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4