Sign in to follow this  
Cthulhus

VR question (normal projection on the monitor) ?

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible via an option to have a "normal" view on the monitor instead of two eyes like you can see on your helmet ? For example, only left or right view and not both ? That allow friends to look the game easier.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Cthulhus said:

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible via an option to have a "normal" view on the monitor instead of two eyes like you can see on your helmet ? For example, only left or right view and not both ? That allow friends to look the game easier.

Thanks

Don't know what headset you have - The Rift has an option to mirror the image to desktop.

I have the Rift Pro. And I don't see any settings to allow the rendering of only one eye on the monitor. PSVR has and it's nice.

37 minutes ago, Cthulhus said:

I have the Rift Pro. And I don't see any settings to allow the rendering of only one eye on the monitor. PSVR has and it's nice.

Rift Pro? There is no such device.

Are you talking Oculus Rift, or Vive Pro?

IF Oculus Rift, navigate to your Oculus folder.

You will find oculusmirror.exe in your Support/Oculus-Diagnostics folder.

oups, sorry, means Vive Pro ... I'm tired :)

For example, for ProjectCars2, the game is normal on monitor and it's native. I think I don't have a solution for IL-2 and just wait for an update for the game allowing that natively.

It's not important in all case. Just more comfortable when you are not alone.

Edited by Cthulhus
add details

In steam VR settings, enable display mirror: 

z786sHC.png

this will display what you see on your HMD mirrored to your desktop in a windows separate from the native IL-2 Window which displays in two eyes. 

• Like 1

This Oculus mirror ...how can the mirror be displayed AND be able to control the game? I can get the mirror up, but the game will not accept input until I revert back to my main IL2 game window.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:08 PM, Flitgun said:

Can anybody answer my question above? 

The IL2 window requires focus in order to accept game input. If you're trying to capture video, though, most of the software tools will allow you to select a window to capture from regardless of the current focus window. What are you trying to do?

13 hours ago, Alonzo said:

The IL2 window requires focus in order to accept game input. If you're trying to capture video, though, most of the software tools will allow you to select a window to capture from regardless of the current focus window. What are you trying to do?

OP was wanting  to just display a non split screen view. I was unable to display the mirror and input to the game, so I could not see how the mirror helped as it became hidden when one wanted to play the game. The only way I could see this might work was if he perhaps had a 2nd monitor, I guessed.

But yes, I'd like to use GeForce Experience (shadowplay) and record what's on the mirror, or whatever other thingamajig that can display a non split view full screen...and at the same time send input to the game. But, I don't know how to do that.

:)

14 hours ago, Flitgun said:

But yes, I'd like to use GeForce Experience (shadowplay) and record what's on the mirror, or whatever other thingamajig that can display a non split view full screen...and at the same time send input to the game. But, I don't know how to do that.

I use Open Broadcaster (OBS). Using that software you can choose a "game window" to capture, and it will capture regardless of whether that window is "on top". So you set OBS to capture the mirror window, then start recording/streaming, then click the IL2 game window to put input in the right place.

I think you can do this kind of thing with Shadowplay but I have not tried.

• Thanks 1