Scupper

Turret won't turn using mouse

In the tiger, I can select the gunner position, nestle to the gun and take control (T toggle) and fire, but the mouse does nothing to turn the turret or elevate/depress the gun. Taking control makes the gun go down a bit.  I can use numpad numbers to move the view, which shifts the gun but when I stop pressing it, it goes back to a neutral position, stowed I guess. It won't stay in one place except aligned with the body of the tank

Mouse control is selected in Input Devices.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Scupper said:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Have you (double) mapped an axis (e.g. joystick) to rotating view?

Edited by ZachariasX

Possibly, thanks for the suggestion. 

Anyway I've fixed it now using a suggestion by Thad on another post:

"The keymapping 'input' folder is in the games 'data' folder.

Once you have all of your tank keymapping completed and everything is working the way you desire... save a copy of the 'input' folder in a well known safe place. You could place it in a Tank folder for future use.

Afterwards, setup all of your keymapping for aircraft as desire. The input folder will be automatically updated for aircraft.

When you desire to go tanking... copy and paste your saved input folder into the games data folder. Your ready to go blow things up."

So I basically have two input/data/current ACTIONS files, - one for planes (heavily modified) and one for tanks, where everything is set to defaut and the turret works.

Thanks,

Dave.

Edited by Scupper
  • Upvote 1

Glad you solved the problem.

Just FYI, the turret movement is linked with the following commands, in the "pilot head control" section :

Bow pilot head vertically

Bow pilot head horizontally

you want to make sure that mouse Y and X are bound there.

You also need the gun : take/leave control, either in the Tank control section or weapon control section (it's called "turret : take/leave control" there) as they are linked together.

The ovehaul of the whole controls is so much needed in this game....

• Upvote 3

Ad an additional information:

I stated how problematic the linkage of the turret control motion with the pilot cam in this thread 

The separate vehicle tab has already become a reality... so fingers crossed the devs also uncouple the turret movement from the pilot head cam so we can fe properly assign a joystick axis to it without 3rd party programs and completely messing up any flight setups.

I have a similar issue, perhaps it is just a control dual bind I've not been able to work out, but whenever I press RMB to fire the coax, I am no longer able to traverse the turret as long as I am holding the button. Makes engaging moving targets quite problematic. 

Thanks for that info, F/JG300_Gruber.  I've now mapped it properly so that I don't need to do the file switching.

With planes, I use TrackIR for head movement, so mouse head movement is unwanted and disorienting, - I guess I'll have to remember to switch it off for planes, - at least i know where to do it now.

Like you say, the controls need to be addressed.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:55 PM, Scupper said:

Thanks for that info, F/JG300_Gruber.  I've now mapped it properly so that I don't need to do the file switching.

With planes, I use TrackIR for head movement, so mouse head movement is unwanted and disorienting, - I guess I'll have to remember to switch it off for planes, - at least i know where to do it now.

Like you say, the controls need to be addressed.

No problem mate.

Just a question, why are you having trouble with the mouse view in planes ? As long as you (or the cat) don't touch the mouse, there is no conflicting movement with the track IR. (I have one too). If you remove it when flying planes, it will deactivate the mouse aim of the machineguns in the gunners position so it may not be the best option.