Sign in to follow this  
[GCA]T1m270

Upping draw distance for final LOD on buildings?

Sorry is this is the wrong place to post, but Its not a bug. 

Just asking as this is more a gameplay problem. For example on higher level bombing, you cannot see buildings like large hangers until you are final approach and usually quite hard to make corrections to adjust your run as the buildings draw in. I understand especially for small crates/boxes you dont want to be drawing a ton of small objects far out, but the big ones really should be visible from this distance. 

93CECEF14329EB0C01BD5A86D9381D64D165836A

What I am asking is if we can get the final LOD to draw 1-2k further out? Even a proxy lod of just a box. I understand its extra draws, but it cant be that expensive with very low cost material as you wont be able to see any detail of it at that distance. 

Cheers! Love the game!

• Upvote 9

Another example.  Was 5k (km) over the target looking straight down (just after my screen shot) and they buildings never rendered in making it impossible to strike well. 

1E4F781C3F9BFD98407214BAADF9DC93318560BA 

depot_Zaluje.jpg

8 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

You don't need to be at 5 km, if you're hunting static block tanks:

He's clearly not though.  He's attempting to level bomb buildings in Tactical Air War.  The draw distance makes high alt bombing impossible, and I'm guessing he's running into fighters just waiting for him right at the "ceiling" of building visibility.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CamusB455 said:

The draw distance makes high alt bombing impossible

I know, it makes jabo flights impossible too. Compare the static block tank visibility with the vehicle tank (that has the icon) in the video.

Hopefully these will be fixed with the upcoming large changes planned, not knowing what they are I can only guess.

With all these bugs im surprised that a TAW campaign is running . Its a shame for the host that still after five years we still dont have a stable platform in multiplayer . Hope fixes are coming soon .

Edited by II./JG77_Con