Spit_

VR Development: any priority changes?

I have spent up on DCS and IL2 add ons lately.....but I want you to know - That if VR is still unavailable I won't spend on your development.

Sorry!!

• Like 1

Thanks for your interest Spit.

As we have mentioned, at this point to implement VR into the TF 5.0 release would delay it four to six months.

For that reason we will be unable to achieve this goal.

However, as soon as the release is out and any bugs or issues have been resolved, the #1 priority for coders will be implementing VR.

And we hope to have it in game within approx. 4-6 months after release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well to be honest

I couldn't not support you guys.. but I have protested!!!

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:10 AM, Buzzsaw said:

However, as soon as the release is out and any bugs or issues have been resolved, the #1 priority for coders will be implementing VR.

Amazing ... I'm just Started with IL-2 The Great Battles, and I have still DCS pending, since I bough my HOTAS 1 month ago ... but I want CoD VR too :)

Won't play Cliffs of Dover until it goes VR, like tkcamp56tkcamp said above there's no going back to 2D once you've experienced the game in VR. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HELSTEEDSF-Dog said:

Won't play Cliffs of Dover until it goes VR, like tkcamp56tkcamp said above there's no going back to 2D once you've experienced the game in VR. 

Ain't that the truth!

I miss Cliffs😢

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When the AI get's it's promised overhaul I'll start playing again... that's all that is stopping me.

As to VR, could not care less about it... If they don't implement it for another 3 yrs you lot are going to be without aren't you.

• Upvote 1

Shame you don't care about VR Trooper if you've experienced it there's really no turning back it's incredibly immersive a total game changer. 

For now we'll just have to stick to Sturmovik BOS and all t's DLC's, so only missing out on flying over home :(  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

When the AI get's it's promised overhaul I'll start playing again... that's all that is stopping me.

As to VR, could not care less about it... If they don't implement it for another 3 yrs you lot are going to be without aren't you.

Hmmm..

In three years I reckon hardly anyone will be playing flight sims on a flat screen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

remember this conversation... I will still be on that screen  :)

HeHE, you and me both Sir. I can't really understand why every "VR" person has to start a thread saying" if you don't support "VR" I won't buy your product and "once you go VR, you can't go back to 2d!" It has been stated over and over by TFS, mainly by Buzzsaw, that after CLOD 5.0 release that one of their(TFS) first projects will be "VR" . Geez, get over yourselves "VR" people, you represent like 3% of all gamers(not just flight sims, which would make it much lower for only "VR" flight sim users) from what I am reading in multiple Forums.  Blah! Blah! Blah! "VR" Blah! Blah! Blah!

PPPPffffffttttttt! :rolleyes:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Lensman1945 said:

Hmmm..

In three years I reckon hardly anyone will be playing flight sims on a flat screen.

Is that just like the great revolution of 3D cinema? Haha.

VR will always remain incredibly niche.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Leifr said:

Agreed, most people can't tolerate having a screen 2cm from their eyes for prolonged periods of time and others get motion sick.

Personally I prefer 2D and dont see this old "new" technology (just like 3D which I think sucks) as the great novelty it's supposed to be and as a matter of fact investment in this sector is on the decline. Most players still do not use VR in Il-2 as far as I can see, perhaps one day it will change but I have my doubts.

It's more than understandable that this is not a priority right now, just be patient VR guys.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Personally I prefer 2D and dont see this old "new" technology (just like 3D which I think sucks) as the great novelty it's supposed to be and as a matter of fact investment in this sector is on the decline. Most players still do not use VR in Il-2 as far as I can see, perhaps one day it will change but I have my doubts.

It's more than understandable that this is not a priority right now, just be patient VR guys. 

You prefer 2D but have you only ever tried VR hauggy ? not sure huh

The fact everyones says there is no return in 2D once tried says it all

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

You prefer 2D but have you only ever tried VR hauggy ? not sure huh

I did but not in this game.

Not a big fan of it and Im not buying one just to try in this very game or another.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

On 2/19/2019 at 10:24 AM, Leifr said:

3D Cinema is a joke and eye straining. you still look onto a canvas, with the image popping out a bit. You cant compare that to litterally sitting and flying in a WW2 plane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ironk79 said:

3D Cinema is a joke and eye straining. you still look onto a canvas, with the image popping out a bit. You cant compare that to litterally sitting and flying in a WW2 plane.

Indeed. And there is no way, absolutely no way that you can describe in words what it's like to sit and fly in that plane. Really, you should only dismiss the VR experience if you have actually tried it. There in lies the problem, 'cos it ain't cheap to try. Best thing is to find someone who is willing to let you have a go and then see if it is for you.

• Like 1

The only parallel being made here is how similarly these two technologies are being new for decades.

I would love to try VR - but then I'm worried I won't be able to fly any other way and then have to save for months to get a rig that will actually run it, not to mention the VR set itself. Living on the bottom of the world is not good for tech prices :(

8 hours ago, ATAG_kiwiflieger said:

I would love to try VR - but then I'm worried I won't be able to fly any other way and then have to save for months to get a rig that will actually run it, not to mention the VR set itself. Living on the bottom of the world is not good for tech prices :(

What system specs do you have?

@ironk79

AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4.2GHz) ~ 8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz) ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~ 250GB WD HDD  (No USB3 connections)

Runs Cliffs and BoX just fine with a couple of settings turned down, but not sure it would be able to handle VR.

19 hours ago, ATAG_kiwiflieger said:

@ironk79

AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4.2GHz) ~ 8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz) ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~ 250GB WD HDD  (No USB3 connections)

Runs Cliffs and BoX just fine with a couple of settings turned down, but not sure it would be able to handle VR.

i tfear your HW isnt up to the task, VR is quite demanding, even when you  go for bare and low settings. sorry mate

• Thanks 1

Can I just say that I own Cliffs of Dover I just choose to play Sturmovik BOS and it's DLC's whilst I wait for VR implementation of Cliffs because my preference is to play in VR only. And the reason because it's immersive, I feel like i'm there and it enhances the simulation, I would urge anyone that would contest VR to at least give it a try. 

Also for those with concerns about how you might feel wearing the headset let me tell you from experience that yes sometimes new users can feel a bit giddy and it can take a few games to develop your "VR eyes", but once you're used to it you don't even notice your wearing the headset anymore.

I've been using mine for about 2 years now, I'm a screen user for my job and enjoy watching movies at home on big screen - so I look at a lot of monitors throughout the working week. I recently went to opticians for a free health check (no reason other than I'm 37 and like to have an MOT from time to time), they were really impressed with my eyes I was able to read the bottom row on the letter chart which they said was very uncommon for someone nearly 40. I told the Optician about my VR headset and the screens I look at throughout the day. He told me that because I'm looking at different ranges it's actually strengthening my eyes, because i'm using the muscles to adjust the focus from near to far. Maybe this offers some reassurance for some who think it's bad for their eyes.

Also in regards to VR being a FAD, 3D cinema is a bit of a shallow comparison. The technology has a massive following with tons of title being released each week, it's growing from strength to strength and soon they will be releasing VR stand alone headsets that don't even require a PC to run them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

VR is only part of it.  Personally I won't want to play any flight sim without VR, but even if Cliffs has VR there are still many issues to resolve - AI, weather and all the little niggles that mar the experience.  But oh for a desert scenario!

von Tom

11 hours ago, von_Tom said:

VR is only part of it.  Personally I won't want to play any flight sim without VR, but even if Cliffs has VR there are still many issues to resolve - AI, weather and all the little niggles that mar the experience.  But oh for a desert scenario!

von Tom

We are making changes to all of your concerns.

AI is being re-written, Weather and cloud systems are being re-coded,  and we are working to deal with the various bugs... this update is related to that.

• Like 1

I have CloD but like many others, I've stuck with BoX family for the VR. I'll be back over the Channel and Africa as soon as VR is here. I love the Emils, Hurricanes and Spits.. All the early war stuff is great. 

• Upvote 1

Would love to try out Cliffs, but add me to the list of those with VR that simply won't until it's added. Can't play a flight sim without VR anymore. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2018 at 2:10 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Thanks for your interest Spit.

As we have mentioned, at this point to implement VR into the TF 5.0 release would delay it four to six months.

For that reason we will be unable to achieve this goal.

And we hope to have it in game within approx. 4-6 months after release.

good

But does that mean that the TF5 output is imminent?

9 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

good

But does that mean that the TF5 output is imminent?

No.  We will let people know when it is close... there will be an announcement from 1C on the full title naming and other details.

You will also see a lot of testing on the ATAG 2 server at that point.

• Thanks 2

On 2/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Trooper117 said:

remember this conversation... I will still be on that screen  :)

Offf course, in 2019 still many people listen to the Radio instead of watching TV ...

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, =SFF=_cercataa said:

Offf course, in 2019 still many people listen to the Radio instead of watching TV ...

Somebody posted in another thread that they use a tv from 1993 and have a rotary phone, which they use. These people do exist, why you would do that to yourself I do not know.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:54 PM, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

I tried it, didn’t like it; went back to 2D and don’t regret anything.

VR is not the be-all and end-all of everything, and even when the technology is mature enough to do an acceptable job it will remain a very niche thing. 

Rumours of the demise of 2D computing are greatly exaggerated. 

Wow, I check now and again to see if anything is changing here. TF5 started in 2013. First post about it Dec. 7.  That's a long time coming. And I am waiting on VR support.

I don't understand all the argumentative comments here. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences as to how they enjoy the game. I just can't go back myself, Royal_Flight didn't like it.

To each his own. I will say that it's only going to get better. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

In the actual state of CloD  - improved, but still plagued with bugs, an rushed VR support will don't change anything,  you lobbing guys  - VR equipped,  will try again the same Quick Missions, meet the same old bugs, AI issues, lack of SP good contend and unsolved design issues and will shelve the game (again) in a week. :rolleyes:

5.0 need became a "game changer" first. ;)

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, Royal_Flight said:

I tried it, didn’t like it; went back to 2D and don’t regret anything.

VR is not the be-all and end-all of everything, and even when the technology is mature enough to do an acceptable job it will remain a very niche thing. 

Rumours of the demise of 2D computing are greatly exaggerated. 

Currently in the same boat, only reason being performance is so poor, if it ran 90 fps all the time I'd never use the monitor.

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Sokol1 said:

In the actual state of CloD  - improved, but still plagued with bugs, an rushed VR support will don't change anything,  you lobbing guys  - VR equipped,  will try again the same Quick Missions, meet the same old bugs, AI issues, lack of SP good contend and unsolved design issues and will shelve the game (again) in a week. :rolleyes:

5.0 need became a "game changer" first. ;)

But that's the thing, I pre ordered BoS because I had heard good things about VR integration early in its development. Then Oculus moved the goal posts dropping DX9 support leaving IL2 BoS out in the cold. I had a quick look at BoS and then never played it. in 2017 DX11 and VR came along and I've put in upwards of 1600 hours since then. For some of us, VR Is the game changer.

Now I know TFS are clearly working hard, and deserve a lot of credit and success when version 5.0 eventually drops, but I will be refusing to purchase it until I am sure I am likely to spend more than an hour or two in it which I know will not happen until after the VR patch drops.

I do accept though that VR like people have said is still niche and I am therefore in the minority. As VR tech and price improves though I expect this to change. Where sims are concerned VR is almost certainly a big part of their future.

my wish list is quite simple. Battle of Britain in VR.  :) I look forward to TFS delivering this someday. 

Edited by =11=Herne
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have VR Oculus, it's beautiful.
i fly but much more with 4K 40inch.
But with the hiring of many here BUY ONLY IF IT "VR" GETS TFS 5.0.
If too few TFS 5.0 buy, there will be no TFS 6.0.
Does anyone want that?

Edited by 7./SchG2_v*Athlon
  • Upvote 3