Sign in to follow this  
TP_Fritz

Setting up a DServer

I have a key for a DServer, and want to set one up for myself and some select others for missions and testing.  I have the documentation for setting up and running the DServer itself and the SDS file, but I cannot find any information on exactly what I'm supposed to copy onto the server itself other than the mission files.  This will be a separate machine I'm hosting on.

Do I copy the entirety of my ILS BoX folder onto the server?  Or just the DServer.exe and related files?  Do I have to actually install BoX on the server (and if so, how do I do that with a Steam copy, since I have to be logged into my non-DServer account to install it)?

Read JimTM's setup procedure (Chapter 11, page 168.) You need to load a new version of the game under your Dserver login...

Obtain and Install the DServer
Do the following:
1. Log in to your DServer account at http://il2sturmovik.com/ and click the Profile link on
the top right of the page.
2. Click the Download link on the right side.
The DServer version of IL-2 Sturmovik is downloaded.
3. Install the DServer version of IL-2 Sturmovik on the PC that will run the DServer.
If you want to install the DServer on the same computer that you fly IL-2 Sturmovik on,
create a separate directory for the DServer install. For example, create directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\DServer.
4. (Optional) Create a desktop shortcut for DServer.exe, launcher.exe, and RConClient.exe.
DServer.exe and launcher.exe are in your new DServer directory under \bin\game.
DServer.exe starts the DServer interface (pg. 325).
launcher.exe starts the IL-2 Sturmovik Launcher interface to update the DServer
(covered later in this topic). You may want to name the shortcut to launcher.exe
something like "DServer Update" for clarity.
RConClient.exe is in your new DServer directory under \bin\console. This program is
also included with IL-2 Sturmovik under \bin\console.
RConClient starts the Remote Console, which allows you to control a multiplayer
mission server from any PC (pg. 173). In addition to providing the control functions that
the DServer interface has, the Remote Console provides functions that the DServer
interface does not have. For example, you can allow a multiplayer server administrator
to send a chat message (pg. 175) using the Remote Console.

• Thanks 1

Okay, thanks Schneemann.  Out of all the information I've collected, and almost daily usage of JimTM's ME guide, somehow that's the one section in it that I missed.  Too caught up in passing by that section to read the Configuration section I guess.