Sign in to follow this  
il2fan

Cant link steam account?

Hey guys I’m having a bit of a problem. When I go to switch my name from Player_12345 or whatever number I was assigned, it doesn’t link. I am typing in the right email and password and it’s still giving me wrong email/password.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Thanks for the replies :fool:

EDIT: FIXED. Mods please remove

Edited by NickandMuse

How did you fix? I have the exact same issue. Bought game on steam, trying to link with existing IL-2 account, game always says wrong email or password even though the email/password works fine at il2sturmovik.com.

Hi, same problem - whats the solution plz ty :)

EDIT:

Hm okay I have solved my problem but damn what a hazel 😒

First of all, I went to the IL2 website and created an account with the username I also want the game to show.

Start the game normally through Steam

Click on the auto-generated player name.
Now you should get (like me) a couple of options. I chose the possibility that I have played the game through only Steam (as I remember since I can not get this page up anymore)

Then you should have a Explore, Chrome or whatever you're using page up where you enter your Steam user name and associated password.

Start Il2 again normally in through Steam - afterwards, for me at least .... yipeee .... username changed to the username I had created for the account I created independently at il2sturmovik.com .... peew !!

And as I just remember, I did not do anything else.
I'm sorry if it does not work for others, so I've forgotten something - but, as I just remember, I did not do anything else.

So changing a simple player name was just NOT as easy and straightforward as IL2 proclaims.😥
Edited by Redich
Solved

Hi,i have the same problems,but your solution doesn,t work for me. Anything else have an idea?

I am having issues registering as well.  When I go to the "Link Accounts and Login" I get a:

#4: Wrong e-mail or password

However, verified and changed password without success.

8 months after the OP & still no official replies or real solutions. its at least good to know what level of support is forthcoming before paying for any other products.