Bf 109 K-4 Skins

Ouky1991

7 hours ago, E69_julian57 said:

Maybe I`m wrong but the fuselage shouldn`t be RLM 81 and RLM 82 from engine cowling to the black tail band ? and cowling with RLM 75 and RLM 77 ... 😄

Edited by LW_Pilot777
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

III/JG2Gustav05

4k skin for K4. Flown by Gunter Specht, Commander of II/JG11. It's not 100% historically correct, the real A/C is G5/AS. I hope that one day we can have this type of plane in BOX. There are a lot details added such as missing engine cowling outlets, missing panel locks and the too much bent panel lines on engine cowling are also modified, The official ones are too much miss-aligned with cockpit opening according to real A/C.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1nhngrz6hrynzb/Bf109K4_Stab_II_JG11_Gunter_Specht.7z/file

specht5.jpg

Gunter-specht01.png

Gunter-specht02.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LW_Pilot777 said:

Maybe I`m wrong but the fuselage shouldn`t be RLM 81 and RLM 82 from engine cowling to the black tail band ? and cowling with RLM 75 and RLM 77 ... 😄

@LW_Pilot777

I think you're right, I'll make the switch.

:salute:

1 hour ago, E69_julian57 said:

@LW_Pilot777

I think you're right, I'll make the switch.

:salute:

Sorry to poke my nose, but if I were you, I would only change the colours on the engine cover that appears, on the 4 pictures I have, quite lighter than the rest of the fuselage.

I think this aircraft is still grey/green but fllthy.... Others K-4 from III and IV JG 53 were grey/green. Could be that the engine cowling has been discoloured to a ligher shade of grey  and green due to the heat...a rather quite usual feature..... It could also be a replacement one ... Another feature of this White 16 is that the undercarriage legs are dark painted, red would be possible as on other K-4. 

Just my 2 cents . 

Madcop.

Happy Christmas.

10 hours ago, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

4k skin for K4. Flown by Gunter Specht, Commander of II/JG11. It's not 100% historically correct, the real A/C is G5/AS. I hope that one day we can have this type of plane in BOX. There are a lot details added such as missing engine cowling outlets, missing panel locks and the too much bent panel lines on engine cowling are also modified, The official ones are too much miss-aligned with cockpit opening according to real A/C.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1nhngrz6hrynzb/Bf109K4_Stab_II_JG11_Gunter_Specht.7z/file

specht5.jpg

Gunter-specht01.png

Gunter-specht02.png

Hi GUSTAV

Thanks for this skin that I really like. As you say it can not be historically 100% correct as the game has not that type of aircraft. But maybe you could change the B4 into C3 that is clear from your picture.

Now for the Normal Map included in the zip, is this to replace the game K-4 Normal Map ?

Happy Chritmas to you. 

Madcop

Thank you very much...

7 hours ago, Madcop said:

Sorry to poke my nose, but if I were you, I would only change the colours on the engine cover that appears, on the 4 pictures I have, quite lighter than the rest of the fuselage.

I think this aircraft is still grey/green but fllthy.... Others K-4 from III and IV JG 53 were grey/green. Could be that the engine cowling has been discoloured to a ligher shade of grey  and green due to the heat...a rather quite usual feature..... It could also be a replacement one ... Another feature of this White 16 is that the undercarriage legs are dark painted, red would be possible as on other K-4. 

Just my 2 cents .

Maybe You`re right but for example black 15 from Jg53 is RLM 81 ( braunviolett ) and RLM 82 ( dunkelgrun ) on fuselage and original engine cowling .... here is some color photo from Flugzeug Classic

1933692325_K4Jg53cen.thumb.jpg.d05b7df941c8ffaa8e814eea9324299a.jpg

.... White 16 look like he has changed cowling ( it was a common practice at the end of the war ) the biggest enigma is the colors of the wings :) ...... below great profile of white 16 from great book :)

1539101465_Beztytuu1.thumb.jpg.7ee2e132a30173bf53c11db50c26d16b.jpg

Edited by LW_Pilot777
  • Like 1

III/JG2Gustav05
9 hours ago, Madcop said:

Hi GUSTAV

Thanks for this skin that I really like. As you say it can not be historically 100% correct as the game has not that type of aircraft. But maybe you could change the B4 into C3 that is clear from your picture.

Now for the Normal Map included in the zip, is this to replace the game K-4 Normal Map ?

Happy Chritmas to you. 

Madcop

Thank you very much...

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Great skin! This is from Wolowskis late 109 book:

image.thumb.png.60792ec007ff928efe803fccc82805a4.png168941829_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-25um18_59_32.thumb.jpg.0f6a896e6ff79667955665fb303966b6.jpg

And look here at Falkeeins Blog including the Pic showing the C3 Symbol:

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/11/gunther-specht-bf-109-g-5as-werknr-110.html

image.png.528db1b5db67fb980f045d4ad0a7a99b.png

Hi guys, Appreciate your feedbacks. If you want C3 please select DB605DC engine in game options. Yes, the normal map included is for replacing the official one.

Hi Sevenless, Thank you for the profiles you provide. I have never found a second photo of this A/C to show the details of camo on wings. Basically everyone is doing guess work base on historical grey scale photos. I tend to not agree with Wolowskis' interpretation of white strips on wings.  Here I got the same photo with better quality,

IMG-2327.jpg

Hello @ LW_Pilot777

@ fw190_luftwurgerfan
The skin is finished for lack of that detail that I can't find?
In other skins that detail appears painted in its colour, but now I can't give it the colour.
I will keep looking for it if I find it.
This is too much.

Spoiler

2020-12-26-0-45-52.jpg

Edited by E69_julian57

Hi Julian , beautiful  as usual but these are my  last cards....

81-82-75-76  or 74-75-77-76  but very dirty.

You just can guess the wavy line of the camo  the cockpit access and completely covered by sooth on the half moon..... And these scratches....

Is there a link for v.2 ?

Congrats.

Madcop

Bf 109K-4._JG 53-III-9._Weiss 16 + I. .jpg

Bf 109K-4._JG 53-III-9._Weiss 16 + I_B.jpg

Bf 109K-4._JG 53-III-9._Weiss 16 + I_C.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Madcop said:
Spoiler

Bf 109K-4._JG 53-III-9._Weiss 16 + I_C.jpg

I think this brochure is not precise this time about < kleine 5 ... this particular one is IMHO also with double gray engine cowling .... below You can see the same photo original and little burned by image colorizer :) ..... You can also see clearly two different shades between fuselage and engine cowling .... btw from what book is this page ? Cheers 😄

bf-109-k-4-wnr-331--schwarze-winkel-kleine-5-ivjg-53.jpg.f14da0ad0f9b92921afcb157944c4b83.jpg

a8YwjSvy.jpg.792ba25db82ac02e2d5143403f21da01.jpg

36 minutes ago, LW_Pilot777 said:

I think this brochure is not precise this time about < kleine 5 ... this particular one is IMHO also with double gray engine cowling .... below You can see the same photo original and little burned by image colorizer :) ..... You can also see clearly two different shades between fuselage and engine cowling .... btw from what book is this page ? Cheers 😄

bf-109-k-4-wnr-331--schwarze-winkel-kleine-5-ivjg-53.jpg.f14da0ad0f9b92921afcb157944c4b83.jpg

a8YwjSvy.jpg.792ba25db82ac02e2d5143403f21da01.jpg

Hi LW

Extracted from this French Publication

CCI261220_0016.jpg

I also have the Flugzeug Classic and the other book " Bf 109 Late Versions. - Camouflage and markings".

But I still think that at that time the different factories used up the paint they had already, before switching to "new" colours (When they were available...). There has always been a difference between the instructions and what could be effectively done ! Even Me 262 would fly with the usual grey scheme.

AFAIC I don't phancy these colorized pictures...it's an open door to manipulations.....

Cheers 

Madcop

Edited by Madcop
forgot picture and text

I think the problem with the colors and all mistakes follows because the Dornier in October 1944 defined both RLM 81 and RLM 82 as dark green colors .... and after three months Messerschmitt identified these two as - brown violet - RLM 81 ... and - light green - RLM 82  .... so many book editors so many versions of paint scheme ....  Cheers :)

PS ... Madcop You`re right these Image Colorizer are crap and photos from it mostly look like burned .... but even on original photo You can see big differences on < kleine 5 engine cowling ..... Cheers again !!!! 😄

Edited by LW_Pilot777

13 minutes ago, LW_Pilot777 said:

I think the problem with the colors and all mistakes follows because the Dornier in October 1944 defined both RLM 81 and RLM 82 as dark green colors .... and after three months Messerschmitt identified these two as - brown violet - RLM 81 ... and - light green - RLM 82  .... so many book editors so many versions of paint scheme ....  Cheers :)

PS ... Madcop You`re right these Image Colorizer are crap and photos from it mostly look like burned .... but even on original photo You can see big differences on < kleine 5 engine cowling ..... Cheers again !!!! 😄

No doubt about that...and the contrast is more apparent on B/W pic.!

PS.

The "infamous" RLM 83, that was never mentionned on official RLM doc.for fighters, has now been identified and mentionned on official German document has being a very dark blue shade, like the US Dark sea blue....and that was used for painting parts of seaplanes............ Now imagine your K-4 in RLM 83 !...

I wish 2021 may bring us new discovered archives and pictures  about the LW. 

Have a nice day. 

Madcop.😀

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 11:16 PM, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

Hi Sevenless, Thank you for the profiles you provide. I have never found a second photo of this A/C to show the details of camo on wings. Basically everyone is doing guess work base on historical grey scale photos. I tend to not agree with Wolowskis' interpretation of white strips on wings.  Here I got the same photo with better quality,

Hi Gustav, I agree with you concerning the white stripes. I have never seen such markings on another photo of a unit leader plane before. White rudder or completely white fin was common 43/44 as on the 109s by Graf or Hackl.

Edited by sevenless

• 1 month later...
fw190_luftwurgerfan

Attractive option for a K or late G BF-109 skin. Aircraft illustrated is a BF-109G-10of 13/JG 301.

BF-109G-10 JG 301_2.jpg

InkedBF-109G-10_13_JG 301_LI.jpg

• Like 1

esk_pedja

The contrast of upper and lower fuselage colors - between original photo and digital reconstruction are absolutely not adjusted.

There is clear difference of upper cammo darkness and bottom "sky" lightness - that is messed up in digital "reconstruction"

:rolleyes:

Edited by esk_pedja

• 3 months later...
E69_julian57
Posted (edited)

2021-6-3-0-12-12.jpg

Revelación

bf-k4.jpg

2021-6-3-0-12-20.jpg

2021-6-3-0-12-37.jpg

2021-6-3-0-12-26.jpg

Next update 

Edited by E69_julian57
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

C6_Claymore

Funny 😀

I just realized the same 😊

2021_6_6__14_26_40.jpg

2021_6_6__14_27_23.jpg

2021_6_6__14_30_17.jpg

2021_6_6__14_44_1.jpg

2021_6_6__14_45_34.jpg

2021_6_6__14_47_56.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
fw190_luftwurgerfan

Thanks Julian! Very nice addition to historical BF-109K's. Much needed addition. 

• Like 1

esk_pedja

Smoke trail behind engine, on "already dark" surface, looks photorealistic... it reminds me of dark Hellcats smoke trail at Pacific...

fw190_luftwurgerfan

I have  a suggestion for a possible BF-09K skin. I have seen a photo of this aircraft that's heavily damaged but you can see the fuselage markings and rear of aircraft.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the book with the photo since it is in storage. Still, would make a nice skin in my opinion. 

FUJ-48001-asterisk--2.jpg

fw190_luftwurgerfan

I have a little more information on the BF-109K-4 I/JG27 skin from my previous post. It has a name below the cockpit , "Ingrid", which I think makes it prety cool.

I found a photo and an actual skin rendition over on a DCS blog "Lackierwerk JST". 

Would be nice to add this great looking skin to the GB BF-109K inventory.

7a9f1uj.png

Inkeddownload_LI.jpg

Edited by fw190_luftwurgerfan
add info.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• LukeFF changed the title to Bf 109 K-4 Skins