Tom_Weiss

WIP P-47D skins

They look awesome Tom... but please download and use the 4K normal map file with them.  Without it 4K skins lose quite a bit of detail. :)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, Tom_Weiss said:

still WIP

Il-2_447.jpg
Il-2_448.jpg
Il-2_449.jpg

Very special skin for brazilians! P-47 number 1 was the personal plane of the 1ª Gavca commander Nero Moura!

some details added and the errors accumulated in template were fixed

Il-2_453.jpg

Il-2_454.jpg

Il-2_455.jpg

19 hours ago, BR_Calinho said:

Very special skin for brazilians! P-47 number 1 was the personal plane of the 1ª Gavca commander Nero Moura!

I have another one - camouflaged in the works :)

23 hours ago, Magnum11 said:

Tom would you do a 4K Hs129 eastern front camo with no country markings?

free time to do it is the problem ...

• Upvote 1

Thanks !!!

added the serial markings to the USAAF P-47D - and finished the aluminum metal base layer

Il-2_456.jpg
Il-2_457.jpg
Il-2_458.jpg
Il-2_459.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tom_Weiss said:

Thanks !!!

added the serial markings to the USAAF P-47D - and finished the aluminum metal base layer

Il-2_456.jpg
Il-2_457.jpg
Il-2_458.jpg
Il-2_459.jpg

Truely marvelous! Can´t wait to see you get your hands on the P-51.

6 hours ago, Tom_Weiss said:

Thanks !!!

Stunning! Awesome work, really...

I’m not sure what your doing Tom, are your improving the template to eventually share with others or are your just making this for yourself...Don’t get me wrong the screenshots shots look nice. I guess I’m just trying to figure what your doing....hope that doesn’t come off kind of rude .....far from it...I’m just curious...forgive me if it does...I’m never good at expressing myself In these forums?...I love the progress though...👍

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

the original ICDP template is great that helps a lot :) and the model and the graphics engine seem to work very well on this model, so I went back to the P3D way of making templates and edited the template the same way, the downside is that the template grows to 8GB.

I am finishing the last RAF, and I'll try to release it later today all 4 that I did (FAB, AdA, RAF and USAAF) and then move to the camouflaged versions.

Il-2_460.jpg

Il-2_461.jpg

Il-2_462.jpg

Edited by Tom_Weiss
  • Like 2

I just downloaded and tried your skins Tom, and I love it. Your skins are the most metallic aluminum looking I've seen yet. This is great work! Thanks so much for doing them, they are very realistic looking.

Wow two new skins, thanks for the pics they look awesome. I'm really enjoying your metal skins a lot, their all I fly around in now. (love your reflected metal work).

Those are some nice skins! I´ll be honest and say that I wasn´t a huge fan of your weathering on the other planes but it really suits the P-47 :good: