=MAG=JimBeamBlack

Are there plans to expand this to US/German Campaigns?

Or other theaters of war?

I have been dreaming about someone creating a quality tank sim for years, I used to play M1 Tank Platoon way back in the DX2 80mhz days and after that Armored Fist. The new computer technology is screaming for a top quality tank sim!! 

(sorry if this has been asked before, did a search.)

thanks

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I don't think anything has been formally announced.  Any expansions for the Tank Crew concept would likely depend on Tank Crew's financial success as a module (i.e. buying and promoting Tank Crew would aid the chances of that happening).  That said, the groundwork for a detailed armor sim is being laid for Tank Crew and it is already pretty awesome in its alpha form, at the moment.  This concept has massive potential and I know some of the non-IL-2 community that supports games like Steel Fury are watching Tank Crew's development closely.   The Battle of Bodenplatte module offers some very interesting ramifications towards potential future tank crew projects, since American, British and late-war German vehicles will need to be modeled for that module anyways as part of the assets of that theatre.  Once the framework for tank combat is well in place, it may be relatively straight-forward to adapt those assets into a smaller-scale Western front armor module (100km X 100km Ardennes - Battle of the Bulge would be the natural choice, IMHO).  I guess we'll see.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Edited by Fafnir_6
  • Upvote 3

That was my thought as well!  Tank Crew will ship with a version of the Sherman for you to get your US tanking jollies out while we wait for future theatres.  :) I'm sure the community will produce many US skins for the Tank Crew Sherman (there are already a ton of custom skins for the Tiger I and KV-1).

Panzer Vor!

Fafnir_6

Edited by Fafnir_6

I hear a super dope Stug III G collector tank will be released. It was the most produced German AFV of the war after all. 

• Like 1

I imagine that this tank crew wasnt intended to be a one-off project. If its successful they should plan for further installments. A 44-45 western front scenario would make a lot of sense and fit well with Bodenplatte, though another Russian front would also be likely.

There are just so few tank simulation "games" that are fun anymore. There were a few back in the 80's 90's that were a lot of fun.  This is a great opportunity to mix super detail AND some great recreated WWII battles.

I love the planes they create, I hope they stick with the tanks as well and keep this project growing.

Happy New Year!!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The sequel should be ... The Battle of the Ardennes or Bulge.

It would match BOBp

What tanks should include?

Köningstiger and ....?

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

5 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

The sequel should be ... The Battle of the Ardennes or Bulge.

It would match BOBp

What tanks should include?

Köningstiger and ....?

Battle of the bulge? Hmm...

M4 Sherman 75 with a 76 gun mod?

M10 or M36

Churchill or Cromwell

M18 Hellcat 

M26 Pershing

Tiger II H

Panther A or G

Jagdpanther

Stug IV

Tiger I E

9 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

M4 Sherman 75 with a 76 gun mod?

It's entirely new turret so I guess it would be an another tank.

Posted (edited)

My idea for for West Front 44-45

Battle of Normandy mainly focusing on the British forces which faced 85% of the German armor in this period
M4 Sherman (75mm standard with 17 pdr as a mod)                     Tiger II P

M10 (with 17 pdr as a mod)                                                                  Stug III G

Cromwell V                                                                                               Panther A

Churchill VII                                                                                              Panzer IV H

M4A1 76W Sherman                                                                              Marder I or III

Tiger I currently ingame can be have an upgrade to represent Tiger I in Normandy (new copula, mantlet etc)

Battle of the Bulge focusing mainly on the Americans and not just Battle of the Bulge itself but also crossing of the Rhine (like how Bodenplatte represents a longer period)

M4A3 Sherman (gonna need both 75 and 76mm turrets tbh)         Tiger II H
M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman (with the 76mm as a mod)                      Jagdpanzer IV

M18 Hellcat                                                                                              Jagdtiger

M36 Jackson                                                                                            Panther G
Comet or Pershing                                                                                   Jagdpanzer 38t

Edited by =362nd_FS=RoflSeal
  • Upvote 2

Salutations,

Yes, the future battle options are numerous and intriguing. :salute:

Posted (edited)

Battle of Brody would be my vote. I'm not really interested in western front stuff. Though africa corps might be interesting.

Edited by NETSCAPE