Jump to content
325TH_SPEKTRE76

P-47 D Skins

Recommended Posts

I present to you

 

"Miss Caesar"

Capt. Stanley L. Koslow , 405th FG 9th AF

Il-2-2018-11-28-00-48-11.png

 

"DixieLand Darling"

Unit: USAAF
Serial: 73 (42-229087)

Il-2-2018-11-28-00-46-25.png

 

See page 8 for the Complete Collection...Thanks

 

 

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

I present to you

 

"Miss Caesar"

Capt. Stanley L. Koslow , 405th FG 9th AF

Il-2-2018-11-28-00-48-11.png

 

"DixieLand Darling"

Unit: USAAF
Serial: 73 (42-229087)

Il-2-2018-11-28-00-46-25.png

 

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4nf3p4mxfzsxt25/Darling_and_Ceasar.rar/file

 

 

Aaahh these skins just keep getting better....pleeeaaaassseee keep up the great work,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Can any create this Skin? 78th FG 82th FS? pilot Huie Lamb Huie is still alive, I‘m in corespondence with him. In the thunderbolt he experienced hot moments (on the older type, Razorback)

He was attacked from behind by Me-262. Later, he even ditched with the P-51 on the water. (With his "Etta Jane II".)

Thanks for answer.

 

 

 

 

 

d08f06a2b475cdc470242f8302350bd9.jpg

huie-and-p47.jpg

Snímek obrazovky 2018-11-28 v 11.21.41.png

Snímek obrazovky 2018-11-28 v 11.22.02.png

Snímek obrazovky 2018-11-28 v 11.22.20.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Ozark Queen

 

Capt. A.F. Eaton 78th FG

media-32304.png

 

Select-1.jpg

 

See page 8 for the Complete Collection...Thanks

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OREL_Shifty said:

Hi all,

Can any create this Skin? 78th FG 82th FS? pilot Huie Lamb Huie is still alive, I‘m in corespondence with him. In the thunderbolt he experienced hot moments (on the older type, Razorback)

He was attacked from behind by Me-262. Later, he even ditched with the P-51 on the water. (With his "Etta Jane II".)

Thanks for answer.

 

 

 

 

 

d08f06a2b475cdc470242f8302350bd9.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why are there two MX-W coded birds? One is 42-26387 and the other is 44-15246. Wonder why they'd buy another JUG when the razor back still works? The second one is a bubble top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

Here's the Ozark Queen

 

Capt. A.F. Eaton 78th FG

media-32304.png

 

Select-1.jpg

 

Download Here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8468oh37lt9g1ca/Ozark_Queen.rar/file

 

nice but some elements like the marking (star) on the wing and the noseart are blurry. Otherwise, good work.

were you flying, that you have the country more ETO? With green fence?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

 

When I decided for us to do Bodenplatte this is exactly what I had in mind. Beautiful skins! Keep it up!

 

Jason

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

 

When I decided for us to do Bodenplatte this is exactly what I had in mind. Beautiful skins! Keep it up!

 

Jason

There is a lot of artists out there Jason, great quality content. Have you guys considered to make an official skinpack? Like it was in ROF, I think it would be neat. So many beautifully made skins.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OREL_Shifty said:

 

nice but some elements like the marking (star) on the wing and the noseart are blurry. Otherwise, good work.

 

Not blurry just camera angle.  Some of these nose arts are one of a kind, unless 

there has been a reproduction made. 

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

 

When I decided for us to do Bodenplatte this is exactly what I had in mind. Beautiful skins! Keep it up!

 

Jason

 

Wait till the P-51 hits the game....this forum is gonna blow up...lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

 

When I decided for us to do Bodenplatte this is exactly what I had in mind. Beautiful skins! Keep it up!

 

Jason

Any ballpark of when we'll be polishing P51s?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings - I've got an "Eileen" question for the skinners. I've got one decal sheet showing it in RAF Dark Green and Sky, and another showing OD and Neutral Gray.  I realize it's different AC, but still the 78th FG/84thFS, and they're both the same time frame. I'm guessing it's most likely OD and Gray. Just curious what you think....

Eileen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Gents

Here's Lucky's Lady

 

Flown by Lt. and now retired Capt. Frank P Luckman, from my area to boot.

 

FRANKLIN P. LUCKMAN, JR., born in Philadelphia, Penna. on June 26, 1923. Frank graduated from Spence Field, Moultrie, Georgia - Class of 43-J. Trained in P-47's at Richmond, Va. and Millville, New Jersey. He transferred to England and joined the 365th Fighter Group, 388th Fighter Squadron, 9th Air Force in May, 1944, attaining the rank of Captain and position of flight leader during his combat tour that extended from just prior to "D" Day through the end of WW II.

 

Bugsy-Frame2.png

 

Il-2-2018-11-28-21-44-29.png

 

See page 8 for the Complete Collection...Thanks

 

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

 

Not blurry just camera angle.  Some of these nose arts are one of a kind, unless 

there has been a reproduction made. 

Rgr. Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the pack for the 512th Fighter Sqd is going on and the two first planes are ready :

 

 

kl20h51qz09313ozg.jpg?size_id=c

 

2986v7prjw8nk2ezg.jpg?size_id=c

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------> 

 

This following one is 100% historical (including name of the pilot)

 

p9yoe6pg75moh26zg.jpg

 

 

ddoz7q3x7x7xxqxzg.jpg?size_id=c

 

2ldk2t4mkzz4jjxzg.jpg?size_id=c

 

m78089k4pcr3esezg.jpg?size_id=c

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, OREL_Shifty said:

 

 

 

Has any in progress Silver metal skin for 78th FG? maybe No Guts no Glory, or other? 

 

Edited by OREL_Shifty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Well the pack for the 512th Fighter Sqd is going on and the two first planes are ready :

 

 

kl20h51qz09313ozg.jpg?size_id=c

 

2986v7prjw8nk2ezg.jpg?size_id=c

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------> 

 

This following one is 100% historical (including name of the pilot)

 

p9yoe6pg75moh26zg.jpg

 

 

ddoz7q3x7x7xxqxzg.jpg?size_id=c

 

2ldk2t4mkzz4jjxzg.jpg?size_id=c

 

m78089k4pcr3esezg.jpg?size_id=c

 

 

 

 

 

Pips any chance you do them all with historical markings, you see I only collect those type of skins and your work is very nice too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bugsy !!!! Thanks for your comment but Unfortunatelly I have just one (the one named "GLADYS -TEXAS KAY") with enough historical details to reproduce on .....

 

For other skins, I use some semi historically informations and made them as truthfull as possible.

 

It is very difficult to find documentation for 6 x planes!!!!😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 8:24 PM, E69_julian57 said:

2018-11-26-23-10-12.jpg

 

 

 

 

Please now make Gabreski's skin Julian, i love the way you make that weathering. I can´t believe Gabresk's one still missing. 

Great job guys, great skins!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello @ 666GIAP_Chimango
I think someone is in that ...?
Right now I am involved with the skin that I ordered @OREL_Shifty P47 MX S, and I have problems to make the checkerboard, the fit is not good as I see in other skins.:dash:
I can do the Gabreski's and park the MX S for a while.
The other problem is that someone is already working on it.

Edited by E69_julian57
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

 

Please now make Gabreski's skin Julian, i love the way you make that weathering. I can´t believe Gabresk's one still missing. 

Great job guys, great skins!

 

Already being worked on:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, E69_julian57 said:

hello @ 666GIAP_Chimango
I think someone is in that ...?
Right now I am involved with the skin that I ordered @OREL_Shifty P47 MX S, and I have problems to make the checkerboard, the fit is not good as I see in other skins.:dash:
I can do the Gabreski's and park the MX S for a while.
The other problem is that someone is already working on it.

Hi, Huie Lamb has MX-O a write it top..if you mean Huies Skin, Today i write to him, that is in work. :) i think that this skin make 325th_Bugsy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished up P-47M-1-RE Devastatin' Deb

 

TxW0fcd.jpg

 

Download in the thread: 

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 12:42 PM, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

 

Please now make Gabreski's skin Julian, i love the way you make that weathering. I can´t believe Gabresk's one still missing. 

Great job guys, great skins!

I'm working on it currently. I know it's taking a while but I was busy with other things. Gonna get back to work on it today.

 

EDIT: Quick update to previous skin of J.R. Hopkins. (Final version)

Link: Included in Skinpack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb5rsfvlzjwh4k0/P-47 Skinpack No 1.zip?dl=0

 

20181129164530_1.thumb.jpg.53b0222335f91b56b44a15af3ed4fd5c.jpg

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

I hope one day we get a Razorback, one can dream ;)

1oOMNUW.jpg

 

 

Hope we see a Razorback someday, best looking P-47 imo.

Also, nice skin.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...